Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:47:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Send people to live on Mars donate with bitcoin  (Read 4847 times)
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2015, 05:10:38 PM

Any updates going on with this project?

It hardly seems they're ever going to raise the money  Sad

Wasn't there a lot of press coverage about it being a scam?
One of the participants said so too, over here.

Well it just seems like a scam
It doesn't definitely prove it

It was definitely a scam. We aren't even ready to live on the moon, let alone get a reality show started there Cheesy

Anyone who fell for this deserves the reality check...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 01:53:10 AM

You mean mars?

Looking for a signature campaign.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 11:16:20 AM

Mars has vampires. Do not want brought back to earth.
OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 02:58:07 AM

Mars has vampires. Do not want brought back to earth.

Psh...vampires?  There are the hellspawn living on Mars: http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Doom_monsters
birdive

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:22:36 PM

It was definitely a scam. We aren't even ready to live on the moon, let alone get a reality show started there Cheesy

isnt it easier to live on mars than on moon as it is more similar to earth?

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
stripes89

Activity: 84

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:32:10 PM

wow its a dumb idea for a scam then

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange
█████████    <<  ● Trade Over 200 Cryptos  ● Free Coins every 24hrs!  >>
██████████    <<  ● TUTORIAL: How to earn 1 btc a week  >>
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 04:05:05 AM

You really think Mars One is a scam?

http://www.mars-one.com/about-mars-one/team

http://www.mars-one.com/about-mars-one/advisers

Over ambitious maybe, but I wouldn't say scam and personally I hope they succeed.
OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 07:06:16 AM

Over ambitious maybe, but I wouldn't say scam and personally I hope they succeed.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/feb/23/mars-one-plan-colonise-red-planet-unrealistic-leading-supporter

"A recent analysis by a team at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) identified crucial flaws with Mars One’s published plans and predicted that even if the astronauts got to the surface unscathed, the first person would suffocate within 68 days because of a lack of equipment to balance oxygen levels effectively."

We can't even colonize the MOON.  What makes you think we can colonize Mars, a planet considerably further away from Earth, for the sole purpose of a REALITY SHOW?  Shouldn't we, like, make sure living there in the first place is possible?
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 11:30:54 AM

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2015/feb/23/mars-one-plan-colonise-red-planet-unrealistic-leading-supporter

"A recent analysis by a team at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) identified crucial flaws with Mars One’s published plans and predicted that even if the astronauts got to the surface unscathed, the first person would suffocate within 68 days because of a lack of equipment to balance oxygen levels effectively."

We can't even colonize the MOON.  What makes you think we can colonize Mars, a planet considerably further away from Earth, for the sole purpose of a REALITY SHOW?  Shouldn't we, like, make sure living there in the first place is possible?

Of course we should. It is silly to assume that the Mars One team had managed to overcome every obstacle. Reviews like the one you link are GOOD as that is how science works, it means the project can improve. Is Mars One perfect? No. Does that mean they should give up? No. According to your logic shall we just stay on Earth forever and not try and colonize anywhere? Doing is achieved by trying. Of course its a huge undertaking, that is common sense. Does that mean it is a scam? I highly doubt it. Which was my original point.

Your reference does not prove it is a scam, just like the previous reference from a disgruntled contestant does not prove it is a scam either.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:15:50 AM

Though, they are unlikely to gather the money for this project

They say they need 4 billion
Others say they need at least 60 billion

They have only gathered around a million so far if I'm not mistaken

I wanted to buy their mug and a hoodie, I was like omg, awesome, I can have a part in this magnificent event

But, seems like they are waaay behind realization

Looking for a signature campaign.
OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:38:16 PM

Of course we should. It is silly to assume that the Mars One team had managed to overcome every obstacle. Reviews like the one you link are GOOD as that is how science works, it means the project can improve. Is Mars One perfect? No. Does that mean they should give up? No. According to your logic shall we just stay on Earth forever and not try and colonize anywhere? Doing is achieved by trying. Of course its a huge undertaking, that is common sense. Does that mean it is a scam? I highly doubt it. Which was my original point.

Your reference does not prove it is a scam, just like the previous reference from a disgruntled contestant does not prove it is a scam either.

Dude, I'm sorry for giving you the wrong idea. I agree with your opinions - we need to get the hell of this rock ASAP. Earth is humanity's cradle - we need to grow the fuck up, get over the greed and beaurocratic bullshit we fight and kill over. Humanity needs a universal body that looks past religion, politics, etc. and take our big ol' baby step towards colonization of space (and eventually planets).

One big meteor, and humanity is history. One nuclear war, and everything's over. Space colonies - I prefer the O'Neil cylinder Cheesy - can serve as our 'backup plan'.

I could go on but I'm at work, sorry.

I just think the Mars one project is looking too far ahead, considering our current technological/governmental/monetarymetc. limitations.

Maybe team up with Planetary Resources (look em up if you don't know) and start building revenue / resources from there Wink

Talk to you later!
yummyransom

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 10:13:04 PM

That's awesome. But Mars is very far from where we are.

psybits
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 02:14:06 AM

Dude, I'm sorry for giving you the wrong idea. I agree with your opinions - we need to get the hell of this rock ASAP. Earth is humanity's cradle - we need to grow the fuck up, get over the greed and beaurocratic bullshit we fight and kill over. Humanity needs a universal body that looks past religion, politics, etc. and take our big ol' baby step towards colonization of space (and eventually planets).

One big meteor, and humanity is history. One nuclear war, and everything's over. Space colonies - I prefer the O'Neil cylinder Cheesy - can serve as our 'backup plan'.

I could go on but I'm at work, sorry.

I just think the Mars one project is looking too far ahead, considering our current technological/governmental/monetarymetc. limitations.

Maybe team up with Planetary Resources (look em up if you don't know) and start building revenue / resources from there Wink

Talk to you later!

Nice to hear Smiley

Yes I do know Planetary Resources, who knows maybe they will get there first in the end Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: