Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:46:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583507 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zaptakes

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:13:39 PM

On March 31st, the SEC will be coming to a decision on whether to approve 2 different Bitcoin ETFs. If approved, how would this affect Iconomi funds? Why would someone invest in the ICNX rather than a Nasdaq ETF?

Don't worry about that, it will not happen. Bitcoin has got a chinese DNA for years.
ICONOMI (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:15:12 PM

LOL

that faggot troll warren tried to fud..

He must feel so desperate now

They! It's an organised group. Check user activity. Account is awake 24/7. Except at 3pm. I think they do regular circle jerk at that time.
Daparski

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:20:07 PM

LOL

They! It's an organised group. Check user activity. Account is awake 24/7. Except at 3pm. I think they do regular circle jerk at that time.

Don't see how it is not paid by someone..  So lame, to be honest

banana anyone?
gomados

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:22:08 PM

How many moderators in this topic?

Maybe it will will good idea to have more admins here.

just to clean trash. Wink
PikachuYou

Activity: 238

Me is Cute

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:23:03 PM

LOL

Don't see how it is not paid by someone..  So lame, to be honest

banana anyone?

Daparski

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:23:48 PM

How many moderators in this topic?

Maybe it will will good idea to have more admins here.

just to clean trash. Wink

trash won't stay here. Trash already starts to post on reddit

desperate trolls
gomados

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:26:13 PM

I only know one thing....

if are so many fud  it means that Iconomi is in the right way!!
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:29:25 PM

My fellow Iconnoisseurs,

Our way of life on BCT, our rocket pics, our very financial freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate fud posts.

Let us take a moment to remember some of the ICN that was lost in this tragic attack.

This guy believed the fud, transferred his entire 92k ICN stack to Kraken, and panic-dumped the whole thing down to 31.2k satoshi as soon as the deposit cleared.

https://etherscan.io/token/ICONOMI?a=0xd661bbb83b7325061393bc316b77a8a7d7953170

Never Forget: 2017-02-13 10:06:00

May his ICN rest in peace in stronger hands.

This is a day when all Iconnoisseurs from every walk of life unite in our resolve for lambos and hookahs.

None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend Iconomi and all that is good and just in the crypto world.

Thank you. Good night. And Iconomi to the moon.

This SEC news seems to be drivng the market crazy, for like 4 days this news has been going around and the price has been reacting negatively to it. Anyone with concrete information on this. My thought was that the newsletter sent yesterday would help the price but it seems that is not the case
absconds

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:36:49 PM

Would be interesting to see if Iconomi Performance fund invests in Melonport.

Melonport is a future competitor of Iconomi. It would only have OFM which Iconomi is also supposed to have

No way they're gonna invest there, few reasons imo:

1. ICO structure is bad, not to say scummy

2. Time to market is extremely long - 2 years of development

3. Product - first, it will support only ethereum based tokens. Also it will have both centralized and decentralized aspects - which in my opinion increases the chance of hack and/or abuse

4. Team

5. Why would they invest in a company that aims to do part of what they will do? Iconomi can do it better and faster

Hey Daparski, I haven't completed my Melon project research, and for sure there are a couple of issues that concern me (i.e. a) decentralizing, is it too early for this or perhaps overly complicated - issues with security b) the inflationary model, need to run some numbers, but something doesn't jibe here c) the time frame, which you already addressed)....but let's say for argument's sake that the project were to address some of these issues, tweak the model and suddenly it looks really attractive.  If that were to happen and Iconomi does their vetting and makes an investment, I would see this as a positive thing.  

First of all competition helps validate this particular segment of the crypto space.  Investment from Iconomi gives them an opportunity to hedge a bit in case Melon really takes off or is able to complement the market by offering something different...then Iconomi benefits.  In my view, this doesn't have to be a "there can be only one" scenario.  Competition is healthy and my hope is that this Melon team gives it a legitimate go.  That doesn't make me anti-Iconomi.  It makes me pro-crypto fund segment.  

Peace, Absconds...
stratisage

Activity: 141

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 06:39:23 PM

Please redirect the links from your signatures to this new thread.

Daparski

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:53:27 PM

Melonport is a future competitor of Iconomi. It would only have OFM which Iconomi is also supposed to have

3. Product - first, it will support only ethereum based tokens. Also it will have both centralized and decentralized aspects - which in my opinion increases the chance of hack and/or abuse

4. Team

5. Why would they invest in a company that aims to do part of what they will do? Iconomi can do it better and faster

Hey Daparski, I haven't completed my Melon project research, and for sure there are a couple of issues that concern me (i.e. a) decentralizing, is it too early for this or perhaps overly complicated - issues with security b) the inflationary model, need to run some numbers, but something doesn't jibe here c) the time frame, which you already addressed)....but let's say for argument's sake that the project were to address some of these issues, tweak the model and suddenly it looks really attractive.  If that were to happen and Iconomi does their vetting and makes an investment, I would see this as a positive thing.  

First of all competition helps validate this particular segment of the crypto space.  Investment from Iconomi gives them an opportunity to hedge a bit in case Melon really takes off or is able to complement the market by offering something different...then Iconomi benefits.  In my view, this doesn't have to be a "there can be only one" scenario.  Competition is healthy and my hope is that this Melon team gives it a legitimate go.  That doesn't make me anti-Iconomi.  It makes me pro-crypto fund segment.  

Peace, Absconds...

Congrats for first post. Glad you did it here and not in the old thread.
Competition is a good thing, I definitely think that crypto is not a zero-sum game. As for melon - I think it is too complex to implement for now, and even if they do build it solid from technical perspective, I just don't see any traditional investor puts money in a decentralized fund management platform (whether the funds will be held offline or be the smart contract). People out there want to know that there is a company, a "someone" behind the platform.

Look at the bitcoin ETF approval - 3 years and tons of money just for a SEC approval. It is ~3-5 years too early for decentralized funds imo
gomados

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:54:29 PM

Please redirect the links from your signatures to this new thread.

done!! Wink
absconds

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 06:59:42 PM

4. Team

Peace, Absconds...

Congrats for first post. Glad you did it here and not in the old thread.
Competition is a good thing, I definitely think that crypto is not a zero-sum game. As for melon - I think it is too complex to implement for now, and even if they do build it solid from technical perspective, I just don't see any traditional investor puts money in a decentralized fund management platform (whether the funds will be held offline or be the smart contract). People out there want to know that there is a company, a "someone" behind the platform.

Look at the bitcoin ETF approval - 3 years and tons of money just for a SEC approval. It is ~3-5 years too early for decentralized funds imo

Thanks, Daparski...I too am glad I popped my cherry here instead of the clown parade...

I'm not in disagreement with what you're saying...but thinking purely from the standpoint of risk/reward and the underlying goal of the INCP...the upside of making a small bet on this project (provided what I described above, some tweaking or clarification from Melon and Iconomi's subsequent vetting), could be fairly significant.  Anyway, just a thought...let's see what the boys decide to do. 

Catch you around...

A -
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:05:01 PM

Ok what the hell happen, 50 pages in 1 day, what did I missed !?!??!

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

xtyling

Activity: 588

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:19:42 PM

Soon!
Calabi–Yau Manifold

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:21:57 PM

Hot blonde. I like it. Smiley

https://medium.com/iconominet/iconomi-invested-2-000-eth-into-the-santiment-pre-sale-4edcc1098aca#.9pfrn77m1
Fidel007

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 07:25:38 PM

puthupanth

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:28:07 PM

I am soo happy i bought an extra 25000 icn when those wolves were at work....  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Marvintymo

Activity: 157

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 08:28:49 PM

http://TheScarabExperiment.org

A Shared Artist Persona for Anyone to Become.
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 08:33:36 PM

From my perspective watching ICONOMI team struggling with low volume/liquidity problems is for sure to early for decentralized asset management.
Spread between buy-sell is huge it makes you about + - 10% or more differences.
I don't know how in this condition you would make successful trades or arbitrage while centralized Walstreet has High-frequency trading enabled.
Huge kick in that are would be government digital coins because you would do traded based on digital<>crypto that even decentralized would be very fast. Making swaps ETH<>BTC is doable but like life show not necessary.

NXT asset exchange was suppose to be BIG GAME changer and what ?
After year of existence it has VERY low volume and popularity and big speards...

My conclusion is that till we get digital government currency something blockchain based such decentralization have no sense like real life shows.
Some decentralized stuff is just unpractical in real life now.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: