Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:34:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore & Windows 10 crashing with 2x- XFX RX480 but not when using RiserCard  (Read 952 times)
sigb0y (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:22:23 PM

Hi all,

I have a brand new Win10 Enterprise 64x installed and the latest Radeon 17.2.1 software. I am using the latest Ethereum Claymore Miner in solo mode on a pool (no additional currency configured). I gave the EXE-files the Admin-rights so that it runs in the fast mode.

Specs:
Code:
2x XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
ASRock Z270
8 GB RAM
Virtual Memory: 50 GB
Intel i5-7500 CPU

Claymore settings:
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

When I connect only 1 GPU directly in my PCI-16x slot, there are no problems, mining and Windows works perfectly. My monitor is connected via DVI on the first GPU. I see the temperature of the card and 24-25MHs.

When I now add my second GPU in the PCI-16x slot below, mining works but when I want to work with the Windows desktop (start Firefox, playing around with Explorer...) the system crashes after a random time sometimes with an "OpenCL" error but mostly with a Bluescreen. The second GPU is powering down, the XFX logo is not lightening anymore. In the ATI Catalyst Control Center I see that the second card is shown as "linked".

The interesting thing is, when I start mining and turn off the monitor, it runs stable with no errors for a long time. When I than turn on the monitor and try to do something on the desktop, I have a crash.

So, I have removed the second GPU from the PCI-16x slot and connected it with a RiserCard to a PCI-1x slot and now I have no problems. In the ATI Catalyst Control Center I see that the second card is shown as "deactivated" but Claymore can use it and I now see the temperature of this card.

Any idea what is wrong?

keep mining or die trying

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sigb0y (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:45:20 PM

I found the problem. After changing the Mainboard (same type) it works now perfectly. Very strange, there must be a voltage error on the second PCI-16x slot.

keep mining or die trying
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: