Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:37:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claymore & Windows 10 crashing with 2x- XFX RX480 but not when using RiserCard  (Read 952 times)
sigb0y (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:22:23 PM

Hi all,

I have a brand new Win10 Enterprise 64x installed and the latest Radeon 17.2.1 software. I am using the latest Ethereum Claymore Miner in solo mode on a pool (no additional currency configured). I gave the EXE-files the Admin-rights so that it runs in the fast mode.

Specs:
Code:
2x XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
ASRock Z270
8 GB RAM
Virtual Memory: 50 GB
Intel i5-7500 CPU

Claymore settings:
Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

When I connect only 1 GPU directly in my PCI-16x slot, there are no problems, mining and Windows works perfectly. My monitor is connected via DVI on the first GPU. I see the temperature of the card and 24-25MHs.

When I now add my second GPU in the PCI-16x slot below, mining works but when I want to work with the Windows desktop (start Firefox, playing around with Explorer...) the system crashes after a random time sometimes with an "OpenCL" error but mostly with a Bluescreen. The second GPU is powering down, the XFX logo is not lightening anymore. In the ATI Catalyst Control Center I see that the second card is shown as "linked".

The interesting thing is, when I start mining and turn off the monitor, it runs stable with no errors for a long time. When I than turn on the monitor and try to do something on the desktop, I have a crash.

So, I have removed the second GPU from the PCI-16x slot and connected it with a RiserCard to a PCI-1x slot and now I have no problems. In the ATI Catalyst Control Center I see that the second card is shown as "deactivated" but Claymore can use it and I now see the temperature of this card.

Any idea what is wrong?

keep mining or die trying
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sigb0y (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:45:20 PM

I found the problem. After changing the Mainboard (same type) it works now perfectly. Very strange, there must be a voltage error on the second PCI-16x slot.

keep mining or die trying
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: