Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:50:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY: 2.0 BTC] [CLAIMED] Message Signing in Armory  (Read 7944 times)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:36:33 PM

The new version is online, I tested only with a message of 400 characters but it should be ok

You're not duplicating anything (sadly)
I think the readme is clear enough but tell me if you have trouble parsing things

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
CircusPeanut

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 08:58:09 PM

Thanks. Just pulled it. I'm sure something else will break before this reaches it's limit.
CircusPeanut

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:56:46 PM

JackJack,

I'm reviewing the dash-escape code in jasvet.py, and I'm unsure whether the code in FormatText() follows rfc2440 exactly:

Dash escaped cleartext is the ordinary cleartext where every line
starting with a dash '-' (0x2D) is prefixed by the sequence dash '-'
(0x2D) and space ' ' (0x20).

The I way interpret this is that ".../n/r-some text..." would be displayed as ".../n/r- -some text..." but FormatText() returns ".../n/r- some text...".

The latter seems better because it's one character closer to the original and achieves the same purpose.

However, I'm concerned that someone might used Armory to verify a message that is cleartext signed by a different application and yield an incorrect response.

Do you think that this is a valid concern? Do you know of any other rfc2440 implementations that indicate which way is correct?
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:31:21 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 03:10:54 PM by jackjack

JackJack,

I'm reviewing the dash-escape code in jasvet.py, and I'm unsure whether the code in FormatText() follows rfc2440 exactly:

Dash escaped cleartext is the ordinary cleartext where every line
starting with a dash '-' (0x2D) is prefixed by the sequence dash '-'
(0x2D) and space ' ' (0x20).

The I way interpret this is that ".../n/r-some text..." would be displayed as ".../n/r- -some text..." but FormatText() returns ".../n/r- some text...".

The latter seems better because it's one character closer to the original and achieves the same purpose.

However, I'm concerned that someone might used Armory to verify a message that is cleartext signed by a different application and yield an incorrect response.

Do you think that this is a valid concern? Do you know of any other rfc2440 implementations that indicate which way is correct?
Indeed it seems I understood that the wrong way

I thought the '-' of the line was not part of the prefixed thing, I didn't find any examples of implementations but the rfc is clear enough:
every line starting with a dash is prefixed
That means the dash is actually part of what is prefixed

Thank you for bringing this to my attention
I'll fix that soon, in the mean time you just have to replace line 506:
from
l='- '+l[1:]
to
l='- '+l

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
CircusPeanut

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:56:59 PM

Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation. That's what I ended up doing. Now I can be sure that's the correct solution.
CircusPeanut

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 08:40:00 PM

Found a bug in the FormatText() method. Easy fix:

This line:

Code:
      while len(l) and l[len(l)-1] in [' ', '\t', chr(9)]:

Should include '\r':

Code:
      while len(l) and l[len(l)-1] in [' ', '\r', '\t', chr(9)]:

Without this it fails to strip spaces from the ends of lines terminated with '\r\n'
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: