Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:53:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When the all time high gets smashed  (Read 2634 times)
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6172

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:10:43 PM

It's clear that we (more than ever) need to see the block size get upgraded to a higher number, but as it is, there are zero indications of this to become reality within a reasonable amount of time.

I've still conserved a bit of optimism regarding Segwit. One factor is that in Litecoin Segwit acceptance is growing fast (jumped from ~9% to 18% in the last 3 days). F2Pool, for example, has stated that it will wait to signal Segwit in Bitcoin until it is running for a while in the Litecoin network. F2Pool mines about 11% of the blocks so it could bring on its own, acceptance much nearer to the 50% mark.

If Segwit reaches the 50% block mark, then even "big blockers" like Roger Ver and ViaBTC could accept it, and then we would be perhaps already close to the needed 95%.

But that all could need a couple of months, and an agreement could be too late to conserve the current uptrend.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hunyadi
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1000

☑ ♟ ☐ ♚

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:11:01 AM

This:

+

ETF approval and we will be looking at very similar graph  Cool

▂▃▅▇█▓▒░B**-Cultist░▒▓█▇▅▃▂
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:48:42 PM

Except this time it's different.... because I actually have enough bitcoin to make me "well off" if we see another rise like that. So it's probably not gonna happen... I will never be free from the corporate world  Cry

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:11:05 PM

Except this time it's different.... because I actually have enough bitcoin to make me "well off" if we see another rise like that. So it's probably not gonna happen... I will never be free from the corporate world  Cry

Actually, you don't want a parabolic pump-and-dump like last time.

What you want is a steady rise to a 5X increase and subsequent floor.... that actually stays there permanently. I think that we'll see this within the next two years.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:13:58 PM

This:

+

ETF approval and we will be looking at very similar graph  Cool

I have been hearing about this a lot recently, this guy keeps making tweets but still no code. I hate when coders do thit, show the code or shut up, stop the god damn hype.
Anyway, I hope this is not another fiasco and this guy can deliver, but its starting to sound like the Kim Dotcom bullshit that always gets delayed.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 04:23:25 PM

Actually, you don't want a parabolic pump-and-dump like last time.

What you want is a steady rise to a 5X increase and subsequent floor.... that actually stays there permanently. I think that we'll see this within the next two years.

I wouldn't mind either... I can at least, even for a moment, feel rich while the parabolic rise is at the peak hehe

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 06:29:13 PM

Does this count as the all time being smashed yet ?

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:06:59 PM

Sure it does. I honestly didn't think with all nonsense around the potential hard fork that we would be able to literally demolish the previous all time high. Current price would be a good reflection of the moment when pools announce total support for SegWit, but we did it without that. I just wonder how much power there is left to continue this increase. It would be a healthy situation if we experience some sort of a correction very soon.
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 07:19:21 PM

I wrote on Afrikoins thread earlier why I think bitcoin might be ready to correct soon. Agree a correction would be healthy. But who knows this it bitcoin. Might prefer to continue smashing the previous high until it looks like a tiny bump
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 07:31:02 PM

I wrote on Afrikoins thread earlier why I think bitcoin might be ready to correct soon. Agree a correction would be healthy. But who knows this it bitcoin. Might prefer to continue smashing the previous high until it looks like a tiny bump

There is high buying pressure now, and so I think the rally will continue a bit longer. Maybe 1700, 1750, 1800 as a target for this week.

But I don't think it will be that extreme like in 2013's rallies that are shown in the screenshots. I consider it difficult to pass 2000 USD with the block size issue unsolved. And a correction can come every day.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 08:34:44 PM

There is high buying pressure now, and so I think the rally will continue a bit longer. Maybe 1700, 1750, 1800 as a target for this week.

But I don't think it will be that extreme like in 2013's rallies that are shown in the screenshots. I consider it difficult to pass 2000 USD with the block size issue unsolved. And a correction can come every day.

True, high buying pressure on all the main crypto coins it seems, lets see how it plays out.

Check out the combined market cap

SMASHED
afbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 08:39:18 PM

So looking at combined crypto, Bitcoin, Etherium, Ripple, Litecoin, Dash and all the rest on previous chart

Hint of bubble?
richardsNY
Legendary

Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:57:00 PM

So looking at combined crypto, Bitcoin, Etherium, Ripple, Litecoin, Dash and all the rest on previous chart

Hint of bubble?

On the altcoin side for sure. Bitcoin not that much, even though the price seems somewhat on the higher side. I some times get the impression that people not only jump into altcoins to hedge Bitcoin (due to everything related to the potential hard fork), but also because its higher price that makes them move to altcoins as they have a 'missed train' feeling when it comes to Bitcoin. Ethereum for example -- it will soon even go through the $100 level this way. It has taken over Dash (based on circulating coin quantity -- price ratio). It's pure madness.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 01:48:40 AM

I'm also on the line of whether the indicator will become Par Year simply put a 2017 USD = 1 BTC price.
The correction tends to come as a solid 10 minute crash so its really tricky to time that.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
pitham1
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:53:16 AM

Hint of bubble?

There is a bubble, yes. But for all you know, it can be restricted to the altcoin space.
Altcoins have gone through the roof in the last few months. So the bursting could be only in altcoins.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:18:44 AM

Hint of bubble?

There is a bubble, yes. But for all you know, it can be restricted to the altcoin space.
Altcoins have gone through the roof in the last few months. So the bursting could be only in altcoins.
From the beginning of the year altcoins have been bursting to higher profit percentage. This is something a good news for all the traders, same time it's been portrayed as a temporary surge. Looking the current situation where bitcoin along with other altcoins growing seems a natural effect of​the technology.
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:59:55 AM

Hint of bubble?

I would differentiate a bit. There are altcoins that are clearly in a bubble. An example in the top 10, for me, is Dash, which has already reached its high some weeks ago. And then most of the positions from, let's say, 30 to 100 at Coinmarketcap. Most of them have not a single USP and people are only investing in them while this pump lasts.

But I am not that sure with, let's say, Ethereum, Ripple or even Litecoin - well, in the case of LTC all depends on if LTC can conserve a first mover advantage with respect to the Lightning Network. But ETH is solid, it's not a direct Bitcoin contender but it has its niche and potential - the question is here more the long term, if the Dapps that currently are being developed really will be improvements over previous solutions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Grillo

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:19:28 AM

When the all time high gets smashed: price goes x5

Time will tell...
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:28:09 PM

Time will tell...
I just checked now and we reached the high peak value in the price chart from the past two days and now price seems settled in the 1589$ for a bitcoin. I don't know why even ETH value also getting increased along with the bitcoin price. I read above posts says about the bubble and combine all the coins together. Will it be gonna happen for sure?
Viviyang

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 03:37:07 PM

Time will tell...
Speculating 5x price is too much of optimism amidst many problems in bitcoin protocol like the most feared transaction times.
I researched from the charts and came to the conclusion that this is a good time for traders to sell and wait for the price to come down.

▃▄▅▆▇ HEROCOIN.io ▇▆▅▄▃
⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨ ICO LIVE: JOIN NOW ⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
▇▆▅▄▃ ANN | Bounty | Website ▃▄▅▆▇
[/color]
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: