Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:34:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - fork of Zcash with harder mining params  (Read 131815 times)
tearodactyl

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:56:36 PM

GUI wallet
Didn't tested but I think the zcash-swing-wallet-ui of vaklinov works with it : https://github.com/vaklinov/zcash-swing-wallet-ui
Download here : https://github.com/vaklinov/zcash-swing-wallet-ui/releases/download/0.65-beta/ZCashSwingWalletUI.jar

Stock Zcash version of the Vaklinov Swing Wallet will not work with Zero, as the wallet file is in a different location. I have a working prototype for Zero that was validated on Linux (the same jar file is used on Windows as well). Will ping the author to coordinate, and may release, if there is real interest.
  Tearo
matejbilahora

Activity: 1418
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:52:39 AM

And price is droping down down down Sad Cant it hold at some reasonable point? Zero is not bad coin, it just needs developer to push it further..
tearodactyl

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:35:47 AM

And price is droping down down down Sad Cant it hold at some reasonable point? Zero is not bad coin, it just needs developer to push it further..

What would you like to see developed? Or is it that the coin needs more promotion.
  Tearo
matejbilahora

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:33:27 AM

What would you like to see developed? Or is it that the coin needs more promotion.
  Tearo
Well lets say wallet? I have some coins in my old linux wallet which I cant send to exchange from linux wallet. And promotion would be also good. Maybe twitter?
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:41:55 AM

Yes i vote for wallet and we could promote it more.
tearodactyl

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:25:21 PM

Sounds good, wildduck. I'll coordinate with the GUI Swing Wallet developer and release within two days. Linux version first, as I'm yet to test same on Windows, not having built or ran a node there.

Anyone test out the Windows build that 1towia lined to on March 21st? Like all the folks who clamor for the Windows wallet. For me, McAfee complains of a virus when I download zerowin.zip, but not when I scan the .exe specifically.

Personally, I'd appreciate standalone CPU and GPU mining performance results, in Sol/sec. There must be dozens of folks running GPU miners or hosting nodes with CPU mining running. Would want details on exactly which CPU or GPU you are using, amount of RAM, Linux or Windows, how many threads.

The Slack channel has been silent for a week now, and that's entirely up to the community here.

Only one issue listed on Github so far. I assume one can register wishlist items there as well.

Anyone used the pool at alvblock.com?

Experiences about trading on the two exchanges and ten markets could be fun. If folks want to limit the distribution of information, we can have a Slack #trading subchannel. The price did collapse, looks like, down to only 2X of what it was 4 weeks ago. Looks to me like just about all the trading is on Cryptopia ZER_BTC.

Twitter postings would be great. #zerocurrency tag has not been used since 2012, so we can take it over. Mention it here, when you post. I'll do a post later today. Would be appropriate if the dev would create a dedicated Twitter account. Are we in need of a Reddit for the project?
  Tearo
matejbilahora

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:11:46 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 07:53:29 PM by matejbilahora

Sounds good, wildduck. I'll coordinate with the GUI Swing Wallet developer and release within two days. Linux version first, as I'm yet to test same on Windows, not having built or ran a node there.

Anyone test out the Windows build that 1towia lined to on March 21st? Like all the folks who clamor for the Windows wallet. For me, McAfee complains of a virus when I download zerowin.zip, but not when I scan the .exe specifically.

Personally, I'd appreciate standalone CPU and GPU mining performance results, in Sol/sec. There must be dozens of folks running GPU miners or hosting nodes with CPU mining running. Would want details on exactly which CPU or GPU you are using, amount of RAM, Linux or Windows, how many threads.

The Slack channel has been silent for a week now, and that's entirely up to the community here.

Only one issue listed on Github so far. I assume one can register wishlist items there as well.

Anyone used the pool at alvblock.com?

Experiences about trading on the two exchanges and ten markets could be fun. If folks want to limit the distribution of information, we can have a Slack #trading subchannel. The price did collapse, looks like, down to only 2X of what it was 4 weeks ago. Looks to me like just about all the trading is on Cryptopia ZER_BTC.

Twitter postings would be great. #zerocurrency tag has not been used since 2012, so we can take it over. Mention it here, when you post. I'll do a post later today. Would be appropriate if the dev would create a dedicated Twitter account. Are we in need of a Reddit for the project?
  Tearo
Great post here. Well if you take that high trading was at 64760 sat for zero on march 24, than now we are 5.88x lover, that is insane. I think that all is only because miners are dumping at any price, not interested in what are they mining. I was using one rx480 at begining, was getting some 100 coins before the huge miners arrived. Now would make some 5 coins a day, that is not good, there I am mining different coins with the same trading rate but get more coins per day.
I think that windows wallet would be good for zero.
https://twitter.com/Erik_Wertheim/status/849710774859780096
Equalizer1970

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 12:42:33 AM

Man, we got a lot of impatient dumpers. Smashed the price. They'll regret it in a few months time.
hoop
Legendary

Activity: 1523
Merit: 1001

NOBT - WNOBT your saving bank◕◡◕

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 08:05:07 AM

In my opinion Zero needs to be added to more exchange sites. in addition to good promotion,these will improve zero price for sure.

██████████  ██████████▄▄
         █████████████  ██████████████▄▄
   ▄███  █████▄                  ▀▀███████▄
  ██████   ▀█████▄          ████     ▀▀█████
 █████        ▀█████▄       ████        █████
 ████            ▀████      ████         ████
 ████         ██▄   ▀█  ██▄ ████         ████
 ████▌        █████▄    ████████        ▐████
 ▐████        ████████    ▀█████        ████▌
  █████       ████ ▀██  █▄   ▀██       █████
   █████      ████      ████▄         █████
    █████▄    ████       ▀█████▄    ▄█████
     ▀█████▄  ████          ▀█████▄   ██▀
       ▀█████▄                 ▀█████
         ▀██████▄▄          ▄▄██████▀
            ▀▀████████  ████████▀▀
                ▀▀████  ████▀▀
Take care of your financial privacy
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
A blockchain loyalty scheme and more
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

███████████████
███          ██████████████████
████████████████████████████████
███                          ███
███             ██           ███
███       ██   ██   ██       ███
███      ██    ██    ██      ███
███       ██  ██    ██       ███
████████████████████████████████

████    ████
       █████████ ████████

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████ ██    █████
██████████████████ ███████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████

▄█████▄
      ▄█████████
     ████    ███▌
    ███       ██▌
   ▐██ ███  ████
   ▄███████████
  ███████████▀
 ████  ███ ██▌
▐██       ███
▐███    ████
 █████████▀
  ▀█████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
ANN         Discord
Twitter    Telegram
Nobt-plataform
matejbilahora

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:24:57 AM

In my opinion Zero needs to be added to more exchange sites. in addition to good promotion,these will improve zero price for sure.
Well I hope that we will have wallet soon. I am going to buy some coins for brighter future..
markus124

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:18:48 PM

Marketcap is soo low. I'm holding this coin for a few months hope we can see an x10 atleast.
matejbilahora

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:24:49 PM

Marketcap is soo low. I'm holding this coin for a few months hope we can see an x10 atleast.
Well top price was some 64k few weeks back, than after huge miners arrived price fell down huge and now there is no price development. I am going to buy few and will wait what will future bring..
Flenger

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:21:16 PM

Well top price was some 64k few weeks back, than after huge miners arrived price fell down huge and now there is no price development. I am going to buy few and will wait what will future bring..
The number of coins does not depend on the number of miners or the power of their rigs. There are 10 of them every 2 minutes. More power - harder to dig - more expensive to sell
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:53:26 PM

The number of coins does not depend on the number of miners or the power of their rigs. There are 10 of them every 2 minutes. More power - harder to dig - more expensive to sell

No it is the other way around, because miners do not hold coins and dump them as they mine them, therefore pushing the price down.

Bitrated user: Kompik.
Flenger

Activity: 165

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 09:07:15 PM

No it is the other way around, because miners do not hold coins and dump them as they mine them, therefore pushing the price down.
100 miners with one card at 10 kH/s from each card will receive 72 coins and will not sell them for less than $ 2 for these 72 coins.
10 miners with 10 cards - similar
100 miners with 10 cards will receive 7.2 coins per day from one card. And they also will not sell them cheaper than $ 2
If the coin brings less than $ 2 per day from one card - dig ether or monero
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:13:01 AM

Hmm it's funny how probably early CPU miners are crying about the price while they were those that were able to mine Zero with overall less expences than they are now...
Or price concerners are those that bought at top when some known crypto guys when price was already 10x for them were calling next 10x.
Hmmm wondering what happened with those hypers and their support... oh yes, they are silent now and will stay silent until they refill their bags.
Interesting how nobody complained when price was sub 5k. Anyway, more miners will bring production price up as well as decent pump, so with current trading volume (0,47BTC for last 24hr) it's 100% clear that ~50% of miners are not selling their coins so my guess is that suporters defined price that they will support and it is around curent price level.
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:54:15 AM

Hardly. The few powerful miners with Suprnova breaking prices. As a giant miners must pay Elektric energy consumption and they are huge. They're knocking down the price, maybe they will kill coin with his greed. They only important  their profit. They are not interested for coin and its development. They are not interested in the other miners. They only important for their money. They only care about themselves. They do not care what the coin still in "infancy". That's why I left the Zero.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 09:51:02 AM

Constant block reward is not a good idea, too inflationary, it will take 100 years before the inflation hit's 1%

matejbilahora

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 12:07:32 PM

Hardly. The few powerful miners with Suprnova breaking prices. As a giant miners must pay Elektric energy consumption and they are huge. They're knocking down the price, maybe they will kill coin with his greed. They only important  their profit. They are not interested for coin and its development. They are not interested in the other miners. They only important for their money. They only care about themselves. They do not care what the coin still in "infancy". That's why I left the Zero.
I need to say that I have left right after I noticed that from 250Zero per day i am making only 25 and that price fell down from 64k to 30k. I still have some coins in echange and wait for better times of Zero. It was like a miracle as the price was climbing and next day, boom there we go.. Thanks mining whales, good work what you made..
YAdaminer

Activity: 829
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 05:37:12 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2017, 05:57:31 PM by YAdaminer

Hardly. The few powerful miners with Suprnova breaking prices. As a giant miners must pay Elektric energy consumption and they are huge. They're knocking down the price, maybe they will kill coin with his greed. They only important  their profit. They are not interested for coin and its development. They are not interested in the other miners. They only important for their money. They only care about themselves. They do not care what the coin still in "infancy". That's why I left the Zero.
I need to say that I have left right after I noticed that from 250Zero per day i am making only 25 and that price fell down from 64k to 30k. I still have some coins in echange and wait for better times of Zero. It was like a miracle as the price was climbing and next day, boom there we go.. Thanks mining whales, good work what you made..

LOL
 you are whining about price but hmm it seems you sold ~ @60K and left when you were not able to make 0,15BTC per day with one GPU
LOL

...but yes, sure, big miners are guilty for the price drop.

LOL
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: