Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:35:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - fork of Zcash with harder mining params  (Read 131810 times)
mintminty59

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:42:42 PM

my friend, I don't even profit from anything.

I've been working on this project every day for free for 2 months.
at least 10 hours a day
but if you write here this and it doesn't work and they offer you help, it's clear that if a programmer helps you to be rewarded

We really don't need to discuss any further.
If I had an attitude like you, I'd have to finish my job right now.

I hope no one here will help you.

Grin

you are not getting what I am saying, I dont want a programmer to fix it for me I am looking to be *POINTED* in the direction of where I can fix it myself I am also not disputing the amount of time you are apparently working on it. I can assure you are not doing that out of kindness of your heart either and have probably been given or are earning a nice wedge for your trouble. If no one will help me getting it working thats fine I wont lose any sleep over it because there is hardly a shortage of coins wanting hash rate. And it has to be said the majority of them are more than willing to help people overcome barriers to using it. Equihash is my favorite algo it always will be, and I want a full set of coins working on my Z-Nomp to support that fact. and before you say it, its only my own rigs that use it. It is not open to the public to make money on. Perhaps in the future I might open it up with no fees attached just to give something back.

I already heard you correctly.
you're looking for someone to tell you how to get z-nomp to work.
so that you can operate solo mining alone
best all this for free

without involving the Community
and now you're trying to sell me your believable opinion
I don't want to talk to you anymore.

Roll Eyes

what do you mean without involving the community, if I can get mine to work then I will pass that information on. How does offering to charge me to fix it involving the community exactly? I am not going to put a pool online to the public until I know it works, because having other peoples coins in your wallet is a big resposability I dont want at the current time. I don't understand why you are making this so difficult
Hey Minty, there is nothing difficult. If you want mine Zero than just download the only working Optiminer and you are just fine. Sorry but you can use only 8gb and 4gb cards. If you want something simpler than continue mining Zcash and do not beg here for help setting up your Znomp that is not going to work as Zero is using modified params for better results. Zero will not work with cards below 4gb, that is one thing each has to understand. And by the way, if you would have read the first page of Zero thread, you will find all required info.

Hello there, I understood the K and N values have been changed, and I own 11GB cards. I like a challange which is why I want to get this to work Smiley I guess I only wanted to know where in the Znomp code these parametors are set. I have been using the OPT miner as I realise EBWF wont work. I know its a simple fix on the stratum probably.
Zero will not work with other miner than only with Optiminer which is modified and works without problems. Other miners are not working at the moment. We are lucky that we are not the same equihash params as Zcash because Zero is much better.

Friend I understand the other miners don't work, I have been using Optiminer that is not my issue Smiley my issue is Znomp stratum does not support the new parametors and I am trying to fix it so it does.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matejbilahora

Activity: 1414
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:57:53 PM

Hello there, I understood the K and N values have been changed, and I own 11GB cards. I like a challange which is why I want to get this to work Smiley I guess I only wanted to know where in the Znomp code these parametors are set. I have been using the OPT miner as I realise EBWF wont work. I know its a simple fix on the stratum probably.
Zero will not work with other miner than only with Optiminer which is modified and works without problems. Other miners are not working at the moment. We are lucky that we are not the same equihash params as Zcash because Zero is much better.

Friend I understand the other miners don't work, I have been using Optiminer that is not my issue Smiley my issue is Znomp stratum does not support the new parametors and I am trying to fix it so it does.
Well as i see it you dont understand what I am talking about. There wont help you just a simple fix. It is not just a change some params and it will work. I is not working this way. Write to Znomp author and ask him if he can compile new version that will support your params. That is the only way I see. I would continue this discusion on Znomp thread and would stop further talk about it here.
mintminty59

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:28:47 PM

I remember:

as the demand for zero is now huge
and a lot of users are moving from Zcash to Zero
but unfortunately we don't have a stable Nvidia Miner

I can tell you today
that a stable Nvidia Miner will probably be released next week

Nevertheless, I have contacted some developers who may also recognize the potential of Zero and strengthen it with their miners.

Grin

I did not find optiminer all that bad, if you run it correctly it is not ideal but it does work. I just need help in finding the K and N parametors on Znomp.

matejbilahora

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:40:51 PM

I remember:

I can tell you today

Nevertheless, I have contacted some developers who may also recognize the potential of Zero and strengthen it with their miners.

Grin

I did not find optiminer all that bad, if you run it correctly it is not ideal but it does work. I just need help in finding the K and N parametors on Znomp.
Minty I told you to contact dev of Znomp. We are not able to help you with this.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:15:26 PM

I actually like very much this long accumulation. It gives the opportunity for more people to get on board and ensures wider distribution. Few weeks ago I did not think I will be buying again at these prices.
junforever

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:11:34 AM

I remember:

I can tell you today

Grin

I have nvidia cards and is not stable for me too
matejbilahora

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:41:54 AM

I remember:

I can tell you today

Grin

Well as usual mining is not for both gpu standarts equal, one coin is better on Nvidia, other is better on AMD. Give it few more days, there is some work underway.
Demarsac

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:16:31 AM

I remember:

I can tell you today

Grin

That is only on Windows though...

On Linux its rock solid for my Nvidia 1070's for weeks (x6 cards each rig)

Demarsac

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:20:45 AM

There is a false notion that zero needs more mining power right now.
At current stage this is untrue.

What zero needs is 2 more pools for mining. And this is not to increase mining but to make it more secure
As giving all the power to ONE pool is very bad. We need more diversity

So these are the steps:

1) More pools (2 more would be ideal at this stage)
2) More marketing so people start noticing the greatness in this coin

After these 2 steps THEN and only THEN
we need more mining power

PS. And trust me it is VERY easy to bring more mining power in this coin. But we DON'T need it YET.
matejbilahora

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:31:05 AM

What zero needs is 2 more pools for mining. And this is not to increase mining but to make it more secure

So these are the steps:

PS. And trust me it is VERY easy to bring more mining power in this coin. But we DON'T need it YET.
Yes everythink will come and I think it will be soon. And I agree with the last words, we do not need more mining power, at current level it is just fine for all of us. Wink
tearodactyl

Activity: 235

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:26:31 AM

i m getting GPU rejected shares warning. but no problem on mining hush, zcl , zec , zen.
This problem only on mining zero.
Once again, of the entire set of coins derived from Zcash, Zero is unique in having a different (harder) set of parameters for the Equihash PoW algorithm.  The goal from the start was to make it harder to mine on (older) GPUs and apparently, it is working Smiley

In short, one CANNOT use either CPU or GPU mining programs that were developed for Zcash, and which are in use for the other three forks.
  Tearo
tearodactyl

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:04:26 AM

a few points , if you can not use a equihash miner such as one used for Zcash it should be clearly obvious. This means for example Z-nomp will no longer function for those of us wanting to mine.
The second point is, I have compliled the Linux wallet from source , and created the conf file yet I am getting no connections to any nodes for at least 30 mins so the wallet will not sync.

mintminty59, could you give me more details on the Linux wallet failures?  In order for a new node to connect to the Zero network and start downloading the blockchain, do use the following, via "addnode"
zeropool.cloud

Also, you had a question about "320 confirmations".

Cannot help you with Z-nomp settings, as I never used it myself.
  Tearo

komodomining

Activity: 156

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 10:32:32 AM

So these are the steps:

In this phase ZERO is in accumulation stage, who believes on it is beginning to mine or buy it.

I decide to open pool for ZERO just believes on it, and believes in the potential that this currency offers compared to others equihash coins that basically are clone of zcash without any substantial modification.

Every good OPs can modify parameters code to open their own ZERO pool, home page describe all modifications required to code it.
Who open ZERO pool surely understood the potentialities in the code of ZERO and differences of other equihash coins Wink

I think that the spirit of ZERO is that this coin is born from ZERO ( no premine, no ICO, no airdrops, no founders reward ) for harder people and will become a very interested coin in equihash panorama, especially for who want mine with old GPUs cards - OptiminerZero has made a good work with his software and sure the next release ( in which I believe he is already working ) will have some minor bug fix to become more stable with some nvidia cards.
I mine with AMD with linux and Windows from months without any problems ...

Marketing is emerging with several new news that will be published shortly, anyone can participate by contacting lokko

MININGPOOLS.CLOUD - reliable mining pools with low fees and multi algo stratum pools -  FOLLOW us on twitter twitter.com/miningpoolcloud @miningpoolcloud |
MININGPOOL ECOSYSTEM [ KOMODOMININGPOOL.COM | RAVENCOIN.MININGPOOLS.CLOUD ]
Demarsac

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:55:47 PM

I remember:

I can tell you today

Grin

That is only on Windows though...

On Linux its rock solid for my Nvidia 1070's for weeks (x6 cards each rig)

hmm interesting

I know someone who has a 13 x gtx 1060 rig
does not work under linux

can you tell me your configuration via pm please
which linux version might still have some settings

I would then
forward to him
maybe it helps

best regards

lokko

Wink

Sure
junforever

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:08:17 PM

So these are the steps:

Yes everythink will come and I think it will be soon. And I agree with the last words, we do not need more mining power, at current level it is just fine for all of us. Wink

And a new mining software for nvidia gpus on windows besides the pools
junforever

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:35:18 PM

So these are the steps:

And a new mining software for nvidia gpus on windows besides the pools

yeah

new mining software for nvidia and another pool will be online soon
and a SUPER website is already finished

promised

Wink
Thanks for the update
bladescarr

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:10:59 PM

a well-meaning advice
I can only now recommend to everyone
stuff your pockets full of zeroes as soon as possible
the price you see now
is fortunately
hopefully never happen again

everything up to this price

is an absolute dump price
in front of the announcement
the zero page
zero pool
zero mining software
zero development

everything that happens after that will be well above these prices

and woe
It's complaining to someone I didn't say it.

Wink

Is there a Windows Wallet? I cant find one.

I REALLY REALLY want to start mining, however, I cant without windows wallet
whalebone

Activity: 388
Merit: 101

Bountying for a $100T crypto economy

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 11:14:19 PM

How long does it typically take to sync?

I started zcashd successfully but no feedback other than timer and 0 , 0 , 0 block height, connections and solution rate.

Did I miss a step? Need peers other than added with echo at setup?

Thank you. I'm looking forward to the future of this coin and want to mine asap :-)

Get your TRI address on moordetro.it & add it to your cryptoprofile on ODDBANK.info ig: @curiousbank @oddb.io @humorless_profit twitter: @curiousbank
bladescarr

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:20:47 PM

Ahh, ok, so mine to Cryptopia.

Thanks! Cheesy
tearodactyl

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:22:54 AM

Ahh, ok, so mine to Cryptopia.
Can anyone confirm that they are currently mining Zero to their Cryptopia deposit address?
Please and thank you,
 Tearo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: