Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:27:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - fork of Zcash with harder mining params  (Read 131803 times)
siagirl

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:15:58 AM

Nvidiq miner...?
[/quote]

HOW TO MINE ZERO ?
For who want mine ZERO, this is a rapid guide how to do :
http://miningpools.cloud/?pool=zero#/help

AMD AND NVIDIA GPUs ( WINDOWS/LINUX ) :
1) Download OptiminerZero - https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerZero - NOTE: Only OptiminerZero can be used to mine ZERO coin

This miner is unstable for NVIDIA
2) Create a Zero Address
    WINDOWS and LINUX GUI, simply download and install wallet at https://github.com/vaklinov/zero-swing-wallet-ui

This miner is unstable for NVIDIA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lucky - Luciano

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:44:39 PM

I tried mining Zero with 1 X VEGA56, but it will not work. What's the problem? Maybe the miner does not support AMD Vega?

matejbilahora

Activity: 1414
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:10:41 PM

I tried mining Zero with 1 X VEGA56, but it will not work. What's the problem? Maybe the miner does not support AMD Vega?

Hmm, I wanted to buy two Vega56, so it is not working. Hmm, wonder what could be the reason, you have 8gb of memory
rasper

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:54:16 PM

Where is the website? I always hear some promises
but nothing happens ! one announcement every day ?
website, other developments ?
always is something really poor

lokko

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:13:25 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 06:57:42 PM by lokko

Hello folks

I would like to tell you that I have stopped my work for zero.
I've spent the last 3 months every day 10h for this project
sacrificed and believe that a community is finally growing

I need a break
also, in one month, I'm going to the hospital for five months,

I wish you all the best.

FOR ALL MINER. TIPS is an honorable zero pool owner
He reimbursed me for my lost coins.
he will be returned

I trust him 100% and will immediately start mining again in his pool when he is online
good bye

thats my last post

zero donation: t1JTHd9rnDsbFJ8m7LTbxisWqnmvi8kcAMr
tearodactyl

Activity: 235

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:59:19 PM

Hello folks
I would like to tell you that I have stopped my work for zero.
I've spent the last 3 months every day 10h for this project
sacrificed and believe that a community is finally growing
I need a break
also, in one month, I'm going to the hospital for five months,
I wish you all the best.
lokko, I would like to thank you for your tremendous effort to make Zero grow and thrive.
And, most important, I personally wish you to recover soon, and I'm certain that the rest of the Zero fans will join me in this.
  Tearo
BHTeam

Activity: 336

https://www.crypto-coinz.net

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:40:18 PM

Guys,
our site https://www.crypto-coinz.net is back online and the calculator has been fixed from the unexpected hosting outage. You can check ZERO mining performance once again.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Crypto-Coinz  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Guides | Calculator | Currency Statsitics | Masternode Calculator | Monitor Creator
▬▬▬▬  HUSH  KMD  ZEC  ZCL  ZER  ZEN  XZC  BSD  BTCZ  SIGT  VOT  ▬▬▬▬
tearodactyl

Activity: 235

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:00:12 PM

is a mining pool nothing else then a wallet with open ports for mining?
is your question nothing else then unwillingness to use Google?
Wow.... gtfo
Labro, I would like to apologize for my reaction. It has nothing to do with you, but stems from my frustration with a certain portion of comments in the thread.

Zero, besides having technological innovations and improvements, is the ONLY actively developed and promoted Zcash-type coin, that is FREE.

Zcash has a Founder Reward of 20% during first 4 years, which is another three years in the lifetime of the coin. At current market cap, since the coin was launched a year ago, the 20% plus whatever they mined when the difficulty was way low, or GPU mined since, must be worth like $120M. And three more years of same, even if the price stays flat, rather than rising with the rest of the crypto space.

Venture-funded, they started with a development push, security audits, mining performance competition. But have been rather lax for at least six months, IMHO. They have a crew of professional developers working full time, the management is traveling worldwide to conferences. Meanwhile, they could not be bothered. for a year now, to develop a GUI wallet, not even to make the standard Qt one work. They've had "Portability" as a project on the roadmap for at least 6 months now, and never once produced an official Windows or MacOS port or distribution.

The only stable GUI wallet for the entire ecosystem was coded in Java Swing by an independent developer vaklinov, who received a pittance in contributions so far. There were two efforts to develop a GUI wallet within Zclassic / Zen community, now both in limbo.

Zclassic, the original FREE fork, was largely abandoned in favor of Zen, which has close to 9% dev fee and miners only get 88%. There has been discord in the Zen crew, with the key dev quitting, after disclosing a vulnerability on Twitter.

Hush, another early Zcash fork, has been on hiatus for a bit.  They are re-energized now and got a solid new lead dev, but their Github is still underwhelming, with new work yet to be rolled out and tagged.

Windows or Mac independent support has been spotty across the ecosystem. Independent Zcash Windows binary build is now dated, and build instructions were never truly documented. The dev is a solid guy, but I always build my own. Likewise for Zclassic, several-month-old binaries for Windows and Mac, with no build instructions. Zen is on its own trajectory. Hush does have Windows/Mac support on the roadmap, perhaps even this year. Likewise for Zero, a binary Windows build with no instructions, was produced back in May, by a dev who has not been seen since, and before a potential DoS vulnerability in Zcash was disclosed and patched across all the coins.

Zero coin is maintained and supported by a very small group of volunteers, in what spare time we have from jobs and families, not getting a single Zero out of it. If you like the project, but feel like it's moving slowly and not firing on all the cylinders, you have a few choices:
* Get involved in development and testing
* Generate content
  -- a boatload of mining instructions and know-how is floating around in the thread and online, but needs to be collated and maintained
  -- we have a translation of the announcement into German and Russian, with Greek, Italian, and Portuguese in the pipeline, but will welcome others
* Keep track of the other projects in the ecosystem, keep us informed and identify tidbits of features we can bring in
* Promote the heck out of this coin next week, when a set of announcements come out
* Setup a development fund and beg or shame major miners, pool owners and coin holders into contributing
* Bounty specific tasks or deliverables
* Say something nice, or nothing at all
* Shut the F+++ up and move one

Thanks for listening,
  Tearo
lokko

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:09:40 PM

is a mining pool nothing else then a wallet with open ports for mining?
is your question nothing else then unwillingness to use Google?
Wow.... gtfo
Labro, I would like to apologize for my reaction. It has nothing to do with you, but stems from my frustration with a certain portion of comments in the thread.

Zero, besides having technological innovations and improvements, is the ONLY actively developed and promoted Zcash-type coin, that is FREE.

Zcash has a Founder Reward of 20% during first 4 years, which is another three years in the lifetime of the coin. At current market cap, since the coin was launched a year ago, the 20% plus whatever they mined when the difficulty was way low, or GPU mined since, must be worth like $120M. And three more years of same, even if the price stays flat, rather than rising with the rest of the crypto space.

Venture-funded, they started with a development push, security audits, mining performance competition. But have been rather lax for at least six months, IMHO. They have a crew of professional developers working full time, the management is traveling worldwide to conferences. Meanwhile, they could not be bothered. for a year now, to develop a GUI wallet, not even to make the standard Qt one work. They've had "Portability" as a project on the roadmap for at least 6 months now, and never once produced an official Windows or MacOS port or distribution.

The only stable GUI wallet for the entire ecosystem was coded in Java Swing by an independent developer vaklinov, who received a pittance in contributions so far. There were two efforts to develop a GUI wallet within Zclassic / Zen community, now both in limbo.

Zclassic, the original FREE fork, was largely abandoned in favor of Zen, which has close to 9% dev fee and miners only get 88%. There has been discord in the Zen crew, with the key dev quitting, after disclosing a vulnerability on Twitter.

Hush, another early Zcash fork, has been on hiatus for a bit.  They are re-energized now and got a solid new lead dev, but their Github is still underwhelming, with new work yet to be rolled out and tagged.

Windows or Mac independent support has been spotty across the ecosystem. Independent Zcash Windows binary build is now dated, and build instructions were never truly documented. The dev is a solid guy, but I always build my own. Likewise for Zclassic, several-month-old binaries for Windows and Mac, with no build instructions. Zen is on its own trajectory. Hush does have Windows/Mac support on the roadmap, perhaps even this year. Likewise for Zero, a binary Windows build with no instructions, was produced back in May, by a dev who has not been seen since, and before a potential DoS vulnerability in Zcash was disclosed and patched across all the coins.

Zero coin is maintained and supported by a very small group of volunteers, in what spare time we have from jobs and families, not getting a single Zero out of it. If you like the project, but feel like it's moving slowly and not firing on all the cylinders, you have a few choices:
* Get involved in development and testing
* Generate content
  -- a boatload of mining instructions and know-how is floating around in the thread and online, but needs to be collated and maintained
  -- we have a translation of the announcement into German and Russian, with Greek, Italian, and Portuguese in the pipeline, but will welcome others
* Keep track of the other projects in the ecosystem, keep us informed and identify tidbits of features we can bring in
* Promote the heck out of this coin next week, when a set of announcements come out
* Setup a development fund and beg or shame major miners, pool owners and coin holders into contributing
* Bounty specific tasks or deliverables
* Say something nice, or nothing at all
* Shut the F+++ up and move one

Thanks for listening,
  Tearo

fast slack Smiley
lokko

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:19:13 PM

I have great news for you.
Wasn't my last post after all.
One of the things I did by the way is

A great master has declared himself ready
to code you a Nvidia Miner

His name is, huh?
yes it's EWBF who also coded the Nvidia Zcash Miner

He just called in *Hurra*
As soon as he has time, he'll take care of it,
Rejoice

Grin

how would siagirl say
sorry for my bad england
Smiley
BHTeam

Activity: 336

https://www.crypto-coinz.net

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 09:45:42 PM

wow that will sky rocket Zero in the miners community. nice

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Crypto-Coinz  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Guides | Calculator | Currency Statsitics | Masternode Calculator | Monitor Creator
▬▬▬▬  HUSH  KMD  ZEC  ZCL  ZER  ZEN  XZC  BSD  BTCZ  SIGT  VOT  ▬▬▬▬
Lucky - Luciano

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:39:38 PM

His name is, huh?

Rejoice

Grin

how would siagirl say
sorry for my bad england
Smiley

Let's be happy ?! We should cry. The bigger hashrate will kill the profit. Have you seen what the nVIDIA miner did with Bitsend profit? Hashrate increased 3-4 times and the price remained the same
Lucky - Luciano

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:44:29 PM

Legend, higher demand leads to a rise in prices  and not new miner. We need new investors, ideas that will bring them, advertisements .....
lokko

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 02:02:48 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2017, 02:13:40 AM by lokko

His name is, huh?

Rejoice

Grin

how would siagirl say
sorry for my bad england
Smiley

Let's be happy ?! We should cry. The bigger hashrate will kill the profit. Have you seen what the nVIDIA miner did with Bitsend profit? Hashrate increased 3-4 times and the price remained the same

hey,

you're really crying
I don't care about your profit
investors you get ur if the whole package is right and that includes a well functioning miner.

a stable nvidia software is more important demand is going to rise
and the price will rise, too.

I think I'm crazy.
you should think global

Roll Eyes
siagirl

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:49:34 PM

His name is, huh?

Rejoice

Grin

how would siagirl say
sorry for my bad england
Smiley

ahahahah  Embarrassed
go go lokko president Smiley
FidoThaDog

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 12:21:58 AM

Legend, higher demand leads to a rise in prices  and not new miner. We need new investors, ideas that will bring them, advertisements .....

100% Agree.

Im all in for the Zero journey...

https://www.cryptocompare.com/portfolio-public/?id=116515

Great news coming very soon....
CryptoRobert

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:51:24 PM

I am a fan of this coin, even though I didn't follow the thread actively lately. Is the windows wallet reliable? I have all my coins in the exchange and I should move them home.
warhawk22

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:26:52 AM

I am a fan of this coin, even though I didn't follow the thread actively lately. Is the windows wallet reliable? I have all my coins in the exchange and I should move them home.

Same here.
Is there some plan to create some new windows wallet?
notsure85

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:29:55 AM

zero has been added to whattomine?

https://whattomine.com/coins/210-zer-equihashzero

yangnazterp5021

Activity: 191

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:09:23 AM

Very interesting coin.I wil keeping watch.
This days  is price is still high. Someday  I would  buy some coin and keep it .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: