Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - fork of Zcash with harder mining params  (Read 131810 times)
abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:49:02 PM

Done for development
Thanks, ZERO_007, thanks to everyone else who already donated.  We are up to 630 ZER.
Keep them coming, please.
  Tearo
that everything we could collect? No one else is interested in the project?

1) we need a wallet
2) we need a website
3) we need a road map
4) large exchanges are needed (bittrex / polo, hitbtc, bitfinex)

and there will be growth
Number 1 should be normal nvidia miner
Number 1 is working windows wallet. Nvidia miner is not required at the moment. We have working miner for AMD, that is enough..
You have AMD and windows, I have linux and nvidia.
To install linux wallet is simplier than to switch to AMD don't you think so?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sdg777

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:29:47 PM

Done for development
Thanks, ZERO_007, thanks to everyone else who already donated.  We are up to 630 ZER.
Keep them coming, please.
  Tearo
that everything we could collect? No one else is interested in the project?

1) we need a wallet
2) we need a website
3) we need a road map
4) large exchanges are needed (bittrex / polo, hitbtc, bitfinex)

and there will be growth
Number 1 should be normal nvidia miner
Number 1 is working windows wallet. Nvidia miner is not required at the moment. We have working miner for AMD, that is enough..
You have AMD and windows, I have linux and nvidia.
To install linux wallet is simplier than to switch to AMD don't you think so?
obviously, more developers should be on the team, so that everyone will do their own thing.
tearodactyl

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 06:17:01 PM

Folks, I'm super impressed.
Since last night, in addition to 370 from lokko, there was a number of donations ranging from 100 to 250, which now takes us to 1500.
Keep them going, and we are likely to attract a developer of substance to do a quality job.
I'll start asking around...
  Tearo
Good news!
I've talked the developer who originally produced a Windows build for Zcash, and who's now the lead dev for Hush, to look at porting Zero codebase to Windows.
I'm hopeful that someone at his level of experience will get this done and tested in the next several days.
  Tearo
radix42

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 06:54:30 PM

Here is source for zero 1.0.12 on windows:
https://github.com/radix42/zero/tree/windows

Command line binary is at:
https://zcash.dl.mercerweiss.com/zero-win-v1.0.12.zip

Once I finish syncing I'll post a wallet address :-)

fyi I have NOT tested CPU mining with it yet, that's up next as soon as I finish syncing!

Here's the contents of my %AppData%\zero\zero.conf file:
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=PutSomeRandomDataHere
daemon=0
showmetrics=1
gen=0
addnode=zeroexplorer.com
addnode=94.176.235.178
addnode=35.164.216.74

More soon!

-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ

Since last night, in addition to 370 from lokko, there was a number of donations ranging from 100 to 250, which now takes us to 1500.
Keep them going, and we are likely to attract a developer of substance to do a quality job.
  Tearo
Good news!
I've talked the developer who originally produced a Windows build for Zcash, and who's now the lead dev for Hush, to look at porting Zero codebase to Windows.
I'm hopeful that someone at his level of experience will get this done and tested in the next several days.
  Tearo
radix42

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:28:49 PM

one thing that I don't know if it is unique to windows (guessing not), but it always says progress=1.00000 when it should be the fraction of the longest chain the node knows about that is synced.
lokko

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 07:40:18 PM

fyi I have NOT tested CPU mining with it yet, that's up next as soon as I finish syncing!

rpcuser=username
daemon=0
showmetrics=1
gen=0
addnode=zeroexplorer.com
addnode=94.176.235.178
addnode=35.164.216.74

More soon!

-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ

GREAT !

Grin
radix42

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:57:36 PM

Hmmmm cpu mining does not seem to be working when i add:
gen=1
genproclimit=1

to my zero.conf....is there something else you need to add to your conf for zero that's diff than other zcash forks to cpu mine???

-David

rpcuser=username
daemon=0
showmetrics=1
gen=0
addnode=zeroexplorer.com
addnode=94.176.235.178
addnode=35.164.216.74

More soon!

-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ

Tearo
Good news!
  Tearo
komodomining

Activity: 156

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 07:59:03 PM

rpcuser=username
daemon=0
showmetrics=1
gen=0
addnode=zeroexplorer.com
addnode= 94.176.235.178
addnode=35.164.216.74

More soon!

-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ

Tearo
Good news!
  Tearo

thank you for you help radix42!  Wink

MININGPOOLS.CLOUD - reliable mining pools with low fees and multi algo stratum pools -  FOLLOW us on twitter twitter.com/miningpoolcloud @miningpoolcloud |
MININGPOOL ECOSYSTEM [ KOMODOMININGPOOL.COM | RAVENCOIN.MININGPOOLS.CLOUD ]
komodomining

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:09:29 PM

Hmmmm cpu mining does not seem to be working when i add:
gen=1
genproclimit=1

to my zero.conf....is there something else you need to add to your conf for zero that's diff than other zcash forks to cpu mine???

-David

rpcuser=username
daemon=0
showmetrics=1
gen=0
addnode=zeroexplorer.com
addnode=94.176.235.178
addnode=35.164.216.74

More soon!

-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ

Tearo
Good news!
  Tearo

i think that problems are on parameters K and N, i try first time with tromp but obviously not work with 200 and 9 

MININGPOOLS.CLOUD - reliable mining pools with low fees and multi algo stratum pools -  FOLLOW us on twitter twitter.com/miningpoolcloud @miningpoolcloud |
radix42

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:16:24 PM

i think that problems are on parameters K and N, i try first time with tromp but obviously not work with 200 and 9 

I turned on mining but not the tromp solver and it still doesn't mine, even when I tell it to with setgenerate on the cli

radix42

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 08:37:05 PM

Oh and it wasn't mining I think because I DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH FREE RAM!!!!!
I closed some stuff and now at least when I give the setgenerate command, it DOES mine, with standard or tromp solver. Not fast, omg, windows is always slower, and then with the harder params zero uses, omg!

I turned on mining but not the tromp solver and it still doesn't mine, even when I tell it to with setgenerate on the cli

komodomining

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:01:44 PM

Oh and it wasn't mining I think because I DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH FREE RAM!!!!!
I closed some stuff and now at least when I give the setgenerate command, it DOES mine, with standard or tromp solver. Not fast, omg, windows is always slower, and then with the harder params zero uses, omg!

Grin
with tromp? ... mmm i will re-test it .. the first time it does not works  Huh

radix42

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:11:04 PM

Grin

note that it didn't start mining until I sent it the command:
zcash-cli setgenerate true 1

after it was synced to 100%
komodomining

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 09:52:56 PM

Grin

note that it didn't start mining until I sent it the command:
zcash-cli setgenerate true 1

after it was synced to 100%

thank you for this information

radix42

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 11:50:59 PM

Oh I forgot, tips and bounties in ZER to:
zcPyU4zu8sR3cdYEfyj2w4X5F2yqwudd9hTs2zjcXmRvQZXZhpCdhAwCLtXW8JVnhfnqaXjaWxfHikD eLss94h2yLAeZTnC
or taddr: t1TT5LoA5RFmykMsvvBjNaQwfVFDdMy7qrW

my btc and zec addys are in my profile at https://keybase.io/dmercer :-)

-David

rpcuser=username
daemon=0
showmetrics=1
gen=0
addnode=zeroexplorer.com
addnode=94.176.235.178
addnode=35.164.216.74

More soon!

-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ

Tearo
Good news!
  Tearo
radix42

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 03:28:53 AM

Oh man I hadn't seen this yet....the port of 1.0.12 I dropped today is native win32 exe's cross compiled from Debian 8, rather than WSL (cross compiling on Ubuntu is busted...I mean, it BUILDS, but it has a flaky win32 pthreads and pegs a cpu at 100% ALL THE TIME).

You actually don't want WSL binaries, as they 1) are slower than cross compiled native ones and 2) current zcash doesn't build on it out of the box either (open issue for it!) and 3) it takes a lot of funky conf file games because 4) ipv6 doesn't work on it.

So, I can give you a nice, simple procedure to follow to cross compile if that is ok for the bounty!

-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ

I do not have the time to work through the details of the Windows build, and hereby declare a bounty for a competent developer.
Requirements:
Develop and test a procedure for building Zero 1.0.12 on Windows 10, to generate a set of 64-bit executables:  zcashd, zcash-cli
Use your own Github repo for work-in-progress commits, and zerocurrencycoin/zero repo for discussion and pull requests.
Preferred method would involve using the Bitcoin build method for Windows, via Windows Subsystem For Linux and Ubuntu 16.04, as described in doc/build-windows.md
Additional information and support will be provided to the developer taking on the project

Acceptance test: I will follow the procedure verbatim, to configure a fresh install of the WSFL and Ubuntu, libraries, compiler, etc, and to run build commands.
Resulting executables will be used to load the entire Zero chain, perform CPU mining (2 threads tromp), and complete Z and T transactions that were initiated via zcash-cli and via the Java Swing GUI wallet.
Zcash Testing should pass: full-test-suite.sh and rpc-tests.sh

The community has to pull together here and donate enough ZER for the bounty, to motivate a competent developer.
Use the following address, that I will administer t1gpJ3VtjecLrAfoUBVS1D9P5g8txEUfsek
I will start with donating 100 ZER
There is 7200 ZER being mined every day, and some 1.8 million have been issued already.
If we cannot collect at least 1000 ZER for this one task, then maybe this coin is just not that useful to people and does not have sufficient community support to warrant further development.
  Tearo
tearodactyl

Activity: 235

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:02:52 AM

Oh man I hadn't seen this yet....the port of 1.0.12 I dropped today is native win32 exe's cross compiled from Debian 8, rather than WSL (cross compiling on Ubuntu is busted...I mean, it BUILDS, but it has a flaky win32 pthreads and pegs a cpu at 100% ALL THE TIME).
You actually don't want WSL binaries, as they 1) are slower than cross compiled native ones and 2) current zcash doesn't build on it out of the box either (open issue for it!) and 3) it takes a lot of funky conf file games because 4) ipv6 doesn't work on it.
So, I can give you a nice, simple procedure to follow to cross compile if that is ok for the bounty!
-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ
David, thanks for sticking with it.
If using Debian is what it takes, I'll setup a box tomorrow AM and replicate the build.

For the zero.conf file, I'd include something like:

addnode=zeropool.cloud
addnode=54.144.219.55
gen=1
genproclimit=1
equihashsolver=tromp

Separately, when sending David various transactions during testing, I became suspicious whether the transactions to Z addresses are performed or displayed correctly in the Java GUI wallet, even on Linux.
Would much appreciate some help from the community in testing this aspect.
Anyone interested can use some really tiny amounts, but do try all the combinations between T and Z addresses, and compare what the Wallet shows in Overview for the amounts and addresses, with what you've selected in Send and with what the block explorer shows on the blockchain. Maybe restart the GUI program and reload and review again, as I thought I saw errors, but got confused trying various combinations.
  Tearo
mentalmourn

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:45:03 AM

How will be the money, collected during the ICO be spent?
sdg777

Activity: 85

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:25:16 AM

How will be the money, collected during the ICO be spent?
with chic  Grin
Demarsac

Activity: 504
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:51:15 AM

-David Mercer
Tucson, AZ
David, thanks for sticking with it.
If using Debian is what it takes, I'll setup a box tomorrow AM and replicate the build.

For the zero.conf file, I'd include something like:

addnode=zeropool.cloud
addnode=54.144.219.55
gen=1
genproclimit=1
equihashsolver=tromp

Separately, when sending David various transactions during testing, I became suspicious whether the transactions to Z addresses are performed or displayed correctly in the Java GUI wallet, even on Linux.
Would much appreciate some help from the community in testing this aspect.
Anyone interested can use some really tiny amounts, but do try all the combinations between T and Z addresses, and compare what the Wallet shows in Overview for the amounts and addresses, with what you've selected in Send and with what the block explorer shows on the blockchain. Maybe restart the GUI program and reload and review again, as I thought I saw errors, but got confused trying various combinations.
  Tearo

I will try tonight and report back
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: