Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:11:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donate Page Is Not Updated  (Read 688 times)
Giver (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:57:46 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 08:11:26 PM by Giver

Most Donators Donated 50BTC - 50$ at 2011 when Bitcoin price approximately was 1$.
Keeping same 50BTC - 50,000$ price at 2017 just to get a "Donor - Vip" Title is insane.
This should be fixed.

We have more members who want to become Donators, but donate page and price is not updated.

Who would 50-10k for Donor Title?  Grin

That's why we don't have any member registered in 2014-2017 who donated 50BTC...

I would donate 50-100$ like in 2011, but what we have today is insane.

Normal, middle class people should get opportunity to donate and get VIP-Donator title, not just millionaires...

Also these scammers should be removed from donors list:

pirateat40
cryptoxchange
cablepair
TradeFortres
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 09:23:37 PM

Most Donators Donated 50BTC - 50$ at 2011 when Bitcoin price approximately was 1$.
Keeping same 50BTC - 50,000$ price at 2017 just to get a "Donor - Vip" Title is insane.
This should be fixed.

We have more members who want to become Donators, but donate page and price is not updated.

That's why we don't have any member registered in 2014-2017 who donated 50BTC...

Normal, middle class people should get opportunity to donate and get VIP-Donator title, not just millionaires...

pirateat40
cryptoxchange
cablepair
TradeFortres

This has been discussed many times already.

If Theymos were to lower the amount of BTC, then the people who already donated would be ripped off.

This forum is based off of BTC, not USD.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Giver (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:41:57 PM

This should be fixed.

pirateat40
cryptoxchange
cablepair
TradeFortres

This has been discussed many times already.

If Theymos were to lower the amount of BTC, then the people who already donated would be ripped off.

This forum is based off of BTC, not USD.

Most of the donators who donated 50BTC registered at 2011, i assume that they donated at 2011 when 50BTC was about 100-200$ at today price.
I would like also to donate 100-200$ and get VIP-Donator title.
It's not bad for old members, about 5 members who donated 50BTC are confirmed scammers.
Only 8 members who donated 50BTC have been logged in Bitcointalk at 2017 others not logged in for years...
All of the 8 members registered at 2011-2012 when Bitcoin price was much cheaper.
The truth is that new members will be ripped off.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:06:49 PM

[...]

[...]
cryptoxchange
cablepair
Interestingly enough, it looks like these two people have their VIP(donator) functions not-enabled/disabled. Or maybe they have just never set any kind of custom title.

I understand that the forum does not currently need additional money, so theymos has no reason to lower the threshold to entice more people to donate. A few businesses still donate when they start doing business here to get a donator tag. You are free to donate any amount that you wish to the address found https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html
Giver (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:12:55 PM

[...]

[...]
cryptoxchange
cablepair
Interestingly enough, it looks like these two people have their VIP(donator) functions not-enabled/disabled. Or maybe they have just never set any kind of custom title.

I understand that the forum does not currently need additional money, so theymos has no reason to lower the threshold to entice more people to donate. A few businesses still donate when they start doing business here to get a donator tag. You are free to donate any amount that you wish to the address found https://bitcointalk.org/donate.html

I know and i want to get Donator - Vip Title also  Grin. It's discrimination for new members, missed at 2011 to pay 100-200$ then pay 50,000$ at 2017  Grin
NOP@SSWORD

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:31:54 AM

Theymos knows that many scammers would use the vip tag to scam. 
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:03:34 AM

Theymos knows that many scammers would use the vip tag to scam. 
That's a dumb reasoning. The same kind that prevention lovers always give. A gun can be used to kill - don't allow people to own guns.
1. A VIP tag doesn't make you trusted.
2. The tag exists and it was made to be purchasable, so whatever a user does with it is his own responsibility.
3. I think an affordable VIP tag would benefit the forum. Hopefully it gets implemented in the new software.

chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:03:54 AM

Vod got the point here. Regardless of when would the donation was been set or set that would remain as is. Unless theymos would like to manually edit things from the database which is obviously not going to happen
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:31:30 AM

Even though the forum might not need any money at this point according to you, it would be a nice addition to have new ranks introduced that can be obtained the same way as is the case with VIP and Donator levels.

It's obvious that the majority of the people nowadays aren't really interested in donating. Their only priority is the rank that they will obtain at the time they "donate" to the forum.

That's why I believe one or two extra ranks can turn out to be an interesting addition for the people here, and most likely also for the forum as it generates an extra bit of revenue. It's basically a win win for both parties.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 05:18:28 PM

Vod got the point here. Regardless of when would the donation was been set or set that would remain as is. Unless theymos would like to manually edit things from the database which is obviously not going to happen
Vod got it.Don't think you get the point here.
Why does theymos has to manually edit things from the database for ? Roll Eyes It's simple,forum works on bitcoins and not dollars.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:27:42 PM

No worries! The new forum launched in 5873 will fix it all Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: