Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:59:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pro Miner : an ETH/ETC/EXP/UBQ Miner for Windows with a Graphical User Interface  (Read 6703 times)
Pro Miner (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 10:37:06 AM

It does have a dev fee of 1⅔ percent - taken by mining for us for 20 seconds out of every 20 minutes. Our rigs run exactly the same code.

currently im use claymore the fee only 1% each 60minute, i think you must decrese your fee.

OK, I'll give it a try. Is ⅔ of a percent significant? I'd like to know!

I've just published a new version ( v1.96 ) with a reduced dev fee of 1%, taken by mining for us for 12 seconds out of every 20 minutes.

BTW, switching from dev mining and back is very fast in Pro Miner - typically less than 0.2 seconds, even on 6-card rigs.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miner63456

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 03:57:17 AM

Decided to give Pro Miner a try on my test rig.

Miner service immediately goes into start/stop loop.

But even if it worked I am not liking it.

Runs as service is unnecessary.
GUI way too complicated and unintuitive.
Wants to be Windows app but no usual packaging or uninstaller.
Open firewall port + Windows RPC + Untrusted Software = Never

Good luck.
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 04:34:54 PM

Decided to give Pro Miner a try on my test rig.

Miner service immediately goes into start/stop loop.

But even if it worked I am not liking it.

Runs as service is unnecessary.
GUI way too complicated and unintuitive.
Wants to be Windows app but no usual packaging or uninstaller.
Open firewall port + Windows RPC + Untrusted Software = Never

Good luck.

Thanks for your feedback - I mean that!

People are using Pro Miner, so it does work when you get it up and running. Sorry you've hit a few issues.

I found a problem with the Miner Process ( not the Windows Service ) restarting when no Devices are selected. I've released a new version ( v1.98 ) that prevents this. If you don't mind, could you try again and confirm this solves the issue?

You can use the Pool Mining Configuration Wizard ( the big button on the "Startup" configuration tab ) to quickly enter the minimum settings to get you mining.

Also, I've been meaning to add an Uninstaller for a while now. There were batch files to stop and uninstall the service, but it's now just a case of pressing a button in the Installer App.

There is an option in the installer to open a port to allow the Control App to communicate with Miner Services running on other machines. You don't have to open this port if you're running the App on the same machine as the Miner Service. Having the option in the installer is just a convenience feature.

Once again, thanks for your feedback and good luck mining!
drrobert

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:57:05 PM

is possible setup cvddc, mvddc like claymore? for better power save.
Is it request monitor or fake monitor to working like others ?
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2017, 05:22:47 PM

Sorry, Pro Miner doesn't handle any overclocking settings - you have to use Afterburner / Trixx / Wattman for that.

AMD do have an SDK called the ADL ( the AMD Display Library ) but I couldn't get it to work. I asked AMD for support, but they didn't reply so I've kind of left it for the time being.

I'm not sure what you mean by "request monitor" and "fake monitor". Pro Miner does it's best to report accurate Peak and Average Hashrates. The Average Hashrates should match those reported by your pool, if you're pool mining.

It also displays all shares / solutions found in the graphs, as well as totals over an hour, a day and a week in the summary. The summary also displays the expected values given your hashrate and the difficulty per block, so you can see if you're being lucky ( or not! )

There are example screenshots on the "Performance & Reporting" page on the website - https://www.prominer.website/reporting
wasper

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:09:45 PM

need  how shares by each GPU
drrobert

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 05:22:38 AM

Sorry, Pro Miner doesn't handle any overclocking settings - you have to use Afterburner / Trixx / Wattman for that.

https://www.prominer.website/reporting

If running like service and i dont' login i don't know if this tools can run.
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:40:25 AM

Is there an option to use Prominer as a standalone without the service?

For people that use programs like Afterburner to tweak their GPU settings, this would be beneficial if there currently is no way to run it without the service.
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 10:47:09 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2017, 10:59:28 AM by Pro Miner

https://www.prominer.website/reporting

If running like service and i dont' login i don't know if this tools can run.

Actually, you can use Afterburner or Wattman without logging in - I'm not sure about Trixx as I don't use it.

Wattman applies it's settings on startup ( before login ) but has an annoying feature where it will revert to stock setting if the previous shutdown wasn't clean - i.e. if the rig crashed. It doesn't happen very often, but is annoying when it does!

So what I do is just install the drivers from AMD ( not Wattman ) and then install Afterburner. When you have found the best overclocking settings, you can then go to Afterburner's settings page and select "Start with Windows". Then Afterburner will apply your saved overclocking settings on system startup, again without logging in.

I'm not sure how Afterburner does this, but it does solve the problem!
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 10:55:16 AM

For people that use programs like Afterburner to tweak their GPU settings, this would be beneficial if there currently is no way to run it without the service.

Please see my reply to @drrobert above - you can use Afterburner to apply overclocking without logging in ( it's what I do )

To answer your question: ProMiner.exe ( which is the Windows Service executable ) is also a Windows Console App. So, yes, you should be able to run it from the command line, although I haven't tested this for a long time.
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:38:28 AM

Will you add dual mining later?

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 06:29:33 PM

No plans to at the moment. Mining Ethereum, Ethereum Classic or Expanse is currently too profitable by themselves.

I haven't tried running a, for example, Decred miner at the same time as Pro Miner - I'd be interested in the result if anyone tries it.
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 10:59:47 AM

Please see my reply to @drrobert above - you can use Afterburner to apply overclocking without logging in ( it's what I do )

To answer your question: ProMiner.exe ( which is the Windows Service executable ) is also a Windows Console App. So, yes, you should be able to run it from the command line, although I haven't tested this for a long time.

@Eyedol-X - I just tried running Pro Miner from the command line and, yes, it works fine. You don't need any command line parameters, just configure and monitor it from the Control App as usual. HTH.
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 08:41:15 AM

Pro Miner v1.100 released - now on version 100!

This release includes the latest versions of the nodes, including Geth v1.6.1, and minor bug fixes and improvements.

As always, feedback and/or new feature requests are welcome Smiley
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 07:49:58 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 09:16:28 PM by Pro Miner

Pro Miner v1.102 released Smiley

Ethereum Classic and Expanse are profitable at the moment. Just to remind you that you can mine them both with Pro Miner, as well as Ethereum itself.

Pro Miner also includes the latest versions of Geth, Parity, Geth Classic and Gexp, so you can solo mine too.

And as always, you get a proper Windows Graphical User Interface that can Monitor and Control all your mining rigs from one place.

Good luck mining!
evakka

Activity: 700
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:54:04 PM

Hi
Just show your thread and probably I will test the software tomorrow.

What about the supported GPUs and the drivers?
Older GPUs?

Do you suggest any specific Eth pool that works better with the software?

Thank you
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 09:58:03 AM

Hi
Just show your thread and probably I will test the software tomorrow.

Thanks for your post.

You can use this thread, or the contact form on the Pro Miner website to email me directly.

There's also a You Tube channel with short ( 10 minute ) videos showing how to configure and run Pro Miner.

See the first post on this thread for details.

What about the supported GPUs and the drivers?
Older GPUs?

Pro Miner uses OpenCL and supports both AMD and NVidia GPUs.

I run various AMD GPUs, starting from 390s up to 480s, but anything with enough RAM should work.

If you have any problems with your specific cards, you can use the contact form on the website and I'll try to help!

You'll have to test to find the best drivers, and it will depend on the GPUs you have.

Do you suggest any specific Eth pool that works better with the software?

Pro Miner uses Stratum to communicate with pools.

I've tested Dwarfpool, EtherMine and Alpereum and there's a Quick Start Wizard you can use to quickly configure Pro Miner for those pools.

Other pools should work - again please let me know if you find one that doesn't work.

Thank you

You're welcome Smiley
ph1102

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:51:51 AM

No plans to at the moment. Mining Ethereum, Ethereum Classic or Expanse is currently too profitable by themselves.

I haven't tried running a, for example, Decred miner at the same time as Pro Miner - I'd be interested in the result if anyone tries it.

Actually, it depends of GPU... For example, I am mining with RX480 cards and I have 20% more profit with Dual mining and I suppose that I am not alone... So, maybe you should re-think about adding Dual mining option...

Good luck!
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 01:55:58 PM

Pro Miner version 1.104 released.

It includes the latest node releases: Geth 1.6.5, Parity 1.6.7, Geth Classic 3.5.0 and Gexp 1.6.1.

The Control App has an improved configuration User Interface to help prevent frustrating configuration issues.

If you're trying Pro Miner for the first time, I suggest you use the "Pool Mining Configuration Wizard" to set the minimum configuration options to start mining.

As always, if you have any problems, just drop me a note using the "Help & Support" page on the website.

Good luck mining!
Pro Miner (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 05:38:40 PM

Pro Miner version 1.108 released. !! Required Update !!

The next DAG, which comes at block 3,870,000, is over 2GB ( 2^31 ) This version of Pro Miner can handle it.

Also fixed a regression in version 1.104 which meant you couldn't change your GPU device selection ( oops - apologies for that! )

Good luck mining!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: