Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:48:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people become vegan?  (Read 6652 times)
Rdelton

Activity: 369
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:35:12 PM

I imagine that there will be people who love animals and do not see the possibility of eating them, alomejor gives them grief or is simply a way of claiming the rights of animals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:50:55 AM

Alright this is going to be quick and sloppy but that't how you carnivores like it right?

Starting at your biological composition, your teeth are not designed for killing prey, you have no canines or claws. Your jaws can grind horizontally unlike cats and dogs. Humans intestinal tracks are significantly longer with weaker stomach acids to digest fruits and vegetables, while meat eaters are shorter and strong because flesh putrefies with in the body and needs to be cycled thru as quickly as possible. If you take to the theory of evolution and that we evolved from primates than our original diet stemmed from leaves, fruits, and bugs. Occasionally some primates like chimps can be seen hunting other monkeys but its rare and constitutes the smallest percentage of their diet. With that said the meat that they ate was wild and clean. What were fed are animals that are being tortured their entire lives causing their genetic make up to be altered. Distressed cells appear different under a micro scope. They are pumped with antibiotics and fed feed that has been soaked in pesticides and drank tap water with its plethora of contaminates. These things on their own would probably never yield too hard of a negative result in your life but when they're stacked to together they become a formula for cancer, lethargy, brain fog, chronic fatigue, hormonal imbalance, and more. As for dairy human beings are the only creatures on the planet that drink breast milk for their entire life and its not even the milk of their own species! To step back and reflect upon that it's really quite an appalling act. Yet milk/cheese is nearly in every thing we eat. How could this be? A dairy farmer makes 7x as much money as a beef farmer. What kind of farmer would you like to be? Dairy right? So now we have to push the product and this is exactly what they did in the early 20th century. They worked with big marketing gurus at the time and lobbied the government to get in on the action. Now I bet you cant make it thru a normal day with out at least one dairy blatantly or covertly in everyone of your meals.  
All source of energy comes from the sun, the plants collect that energy directly, herbivores collect it thru the plant, the next collects it thru the meat of that animal, and the next one after that. All the while the original sun energy gets diluted and contaminated with bad fats, cholesterol, parasites, and more. Skip the middle men and feed as close to the source as possible.

( I can go on for days  )

If you are going to tout evolution as part of a reasoned argument for becoming vegan while ignoring the human ability to kill and butcher our prey with tools rather than rely on our teeth to do the dirty work, your conclusions will have an element of bias and would likely be considered invalid by any discerning reader.   Meat is nutrient dense food for humans and once it is processed all we need do is grind it up a little more with our teeth and in this way, our lower-acid digestive tracts can make relatively short work of the meat. As you probably know given your discussion on the relative lengths of the digestive tracts, meat is much easier to digest than most plant material.
 The rest of your argument appears to be more politically motivated and I would agree that this is probably a more compelling reason for one to venture into Veganism but you will run into the same issues you have mentioned as far as pesticides, contaminants, big marketing gurus and genetic modification (I know you said altered) while pursuing this lifestyle as well.  In order to avoid some of these pitfalls, you have to look specifically for organic foods which come at a premium price and are not necessarily pesticide free (unless explicitly stated) as many pesticides are still valid for use on organically certified crops and certified organic usually-but-not-always means GMO-free.  Many people have been convinced that organic is "good" and therefore are willing to pay much more money for organic foods but don't you think this was marketed in the same way as the products from the dairy farmer you decry in your argument?  There are scholarly articles that indicate there is no overall benefit to organically grown food and that they might be a detriment to humanity as the crop yields are lower and costs of production are higher than those of conventional farming.
  Lastly, I would like to mention that energy can't be created or destroyed and I'm pretty sure it can't be diluted or contaminated with... stuff?  Humans can't directly use the energy of the sun to power our bodies.  Perhaps in the future it will be a reality but for now, we need to get the energy indirectly from our available surroundings as impure, unethical and unsavoury as that may be.

Here are the companies that sponsor the organizations that are suppose to heal and prevent . Bring on your "scholarly" articles and lets see who sponsors them. 
"I'm pretty sure it can't be diluted or contaminated with... stuff? "  ok put a drop of cyanide in your water every day and tell me how that works out for you. 

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8060

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:57:08 AM

Alright this is going to be quick and sloppy but that't how you carnivores like it right?

Starting at your biological composition, your teeth are not designed for killing prey, you have no canines or claws. Your jaws can grind horizontally unlike cats and dogs. Humans intestinal tracks are significantly longer with weaker stomach acids to digest fruits and vegetables, while meat eaters are shorter and strong because flesh putrefies with in the body and needs to be cycled thru as quickly as possible. If you take to the theory of evolution and that we evolved from primates than our original diet stemmed from leaves, fruits, and bugs. Occasionally some primates like chimps can be seen hunting other monkeys but its rare and constitutes the smallest percentage of their diet. With that said the meat that they ate was wild and clean. What were fed are animals that are being tortured their entire lives causing their genetic make up to be altered. Distressed cells appear different under a micro scope. They are pumped with antibiotics and fed feed that has been soaked in pesticides and drank tap water with its plethora of contaminates. These things on their own would probably never yield too hard of a negative result in your life but when they're stacked to together they become a formula for cancer, lethargy, brain fog, chronic fatigue, hormonal imbalance, and more. As for dairy human beings are the only creatures on the planet that drink breast milk for their entire life and its not even the milk of their own species! To step back and reflect upon that it's really quite an appalling act. Yet milk/cheese is nearly in every thing we eat. How could this be? A dairy farmer makes 7x as much money as a beef farmer. What kind of farmer would you like to be? Dairy right? So now we have to push the product and this is exactly what they did in the early 20th century. They worked with big marketing gurus at the time and lobbied the government to get in on the action. Now I bet you cant make it thru a normal day with out at least one dairy blatantly or covertly in everyone of your meals.   
All source of energy comes from the sun, the plants collect that energy directly, herbivores collect it thru the plant, the next collects it thru the meat of that animal, and the next one after that. All the while the original sun energy gets diluted and contaminated with bad fats, cholesterol, parasites, and more. Skip the middle men and feed as close to the source as possible.

( I can go on for days  )

If you are going to tout evolution as part of a reasoned argument for becoming vegan while ignoring the human ability to kill and butcher our prey with tools rather than rely on our teeth to do the dirty work, your conclusions will have an element of bias and would likely be considered invalid by any discerning reader.   Meat is nutrient dense food for humans and once it is processed all we need do is grind it up a little more with our teeth and in this way, our lower-acid digestive tracts can make relatively short work of the meat. As you probably know given your discussion on the relative lengths of the digestive tracts, meat is much easier to digest than most plant material.
 The rest of your argument appears to be more politically motivated and I would agree that this is probably a more compelling reason for one to venture into Veganism but you will run into the same issues you have mentioned as far as pesticides, contaminants, big marketing gurus and genetic modification (I know you said altered) while pursuing this lifestyle as well.  In order to avoid some of these pitfalls, you have to look specifically for organic foods which come at a premium price and are not necessarily pesticide free (unless explicitly stated) as many pesticides are still valid for use on organically certified crops and certified organic usually-but-not-always means GMO-free.  Many people have been convinced that organic is "good" and therefore are willing to pay much more money for organic foods but don't you think this was marketed in the same way as the products from the dairy farmer you decry in your argument?  There are scholarly articles that indicate there is no overall benefit to organically grown food and that they might be a detriment to humanity as the crop yields are lower and costs of production are higher than those of conventional farming.
  Lastly, I would like to mention that energy can't be created or destroyed and I'm pretty sure it can't be diluted or contaminated with... stuff?  Humans can't directly use the energy of the sun to power our bodies.  Perhaps in the future it will be a reality but for now, we need to get the energy indirectly from our available surroundings as impure, unethical and unsavoury as that may be.

Here are the companies that sponsor the organizations that are suppose to heal and prevent . Bring on your "scholarly" articles and lets see who sponsors them. 
"I'm pretty sure it can't be diluted or contaminated with... stuff? "  ok put a drop of cyanide in your water every day and tell me how that works out for you. 

Clearly, you wrote about the original sun energy being diluted and contaminated by stuff; a drop of cyanide in the water is an entirely different argument but since you brought it up, cyanide occurs naturally and concentrates in certain nut meats and seeds.
  Organic Almonds Recalled From Whole Foods For Containing High Levels Of Cyanide  <--it doesn't get much more direct from the sun than that.

Also,
 Little evidence of health benefits from organic foods, study finds <-- Stanford University
Are organic foods better for my health? <---Dieticians Canada (a 6000 member organization of professional dieticians)
A Review of the Nutrition Claims Made by Proponents of Organic Food <-- Joeseph D Rosen, PhD Rutgers University: Food chemistry; analytical toxicology; mass spectrometry
 The most recent pro-organic food studies center around pesticide residue rather than nutritional content and I'll state again that organic doesn't mean pesticide-free; it only means synthetic pesticide free.  I just make sure to wash my non-organic fruits and veggies before consuming.
rajakoin1994

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:12:09 AM

There are two main reasons for veganism: Health and ethics.

Dairy cows are injected with hormones and antibiotics, and their food is laced with pesticides. Residue from the hormones, antibiotics and pesticides are found in milk. These have been linked to cancer and compromised immune systems.

Cows have to be impregnated to give milk, just like people. If the resulting calf is male, it is sold for veal. I'm sure you know what a pleasant future awaits them.
Dairy cows are "pumped out" after an average of four years, and are then slaughtered for meat.

Laying hens are kept in some of the most horrendous living conditions imaginable. Do some quick research in to "battery cages," and you'll understand. (Less than 5% of all eggs are "free range," and even most of those operations are disgusting.)

A problem with all egg production, even free-range, is the disposal of unwanted male chicks. Because male chicks don't lay eggs and do not grow fast enough to be raised for meat, they are deemed a financial liability, except for the few used as rooster studs. Nine out of ten male chicks are considered virtually useless and will be killed by the cheapest means available, including suffocation and being ground up alive.
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:56:07 AM

I don't think this question has an ending answer because it has so many reasons why someone turn to vegan.
For the most appropriate answer is personal choice.

HODL
Varyg

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:17:39 AM

because they think that's the only way to live a happier life.
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:01:50 AM

There are people who do it to stop animal cruelty and there the ones who do it because it's the healthiest diet. If you are serious about knowing the reasons, you should watch some documentaries like Earthlings, Forks Over Knives, Food Inc, Unity, Cowspiracy (these are easy to just watch) and then you can read the research if you want to get into detail, also another easy way to educate yourself about the research, go on youtube and check this channel "Nutritionfacts.org". That doctor reads research all day about health/diet and publishes in videos mostly. If you suffer from "chronic" disease like diabetes, high blood pressure, have or had heart problems it's worth checking out the vegan diet since it can solve all those and many more. Also it's one of the cheapest diets, you can easily survive with a few bucks, even under a $ if you're serious about it, in my country for example lentils are 2$~ for 1kg, that has enough calories for about 2 days, split peas cost half of that so 1$ and the same calories and the absolute cheapest food that I ever found was barley (which can sustain you for life, you just need some green leafy vegetables every other day, like cabbage, kale or any other green stuff with some vitamin C) it costs 0.5$ here for 1kg, with the same calories as the previous, so 2 days keeps you full (assuming you are a 70-80kg person). So not only the healthiest, cheapest but it can actually solve humanity's problems, world hunger is not a joke, water supply is getting lower and lower, too many resources are wasted for animals that we slaughter, I don't remember the exact number but the food we feed to animals could alone feed all the people in world. Always do your own research and try to not blindly believe anyone.

I will most likely not check this thread again so if anyone wants to troll me with bacon or vegan jokes, don't waste your time.

daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:44:45 PM

Maybe the beginning of why they choose to be vegan comes from a small thing, maybe they're on a diet to not consume meat, but the longer it's used to just eat vegetables and do not like to eat meat

KroFly

Activity: 243

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:01:36 PM

I think people because of fashion become vegan, they want to be different from everyone and switch to such a diet. But for me it's very wild to give up useful meat food.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
oxoboxo

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:17:47 PM

I once had a childhood friend and I remember she was terrified of cows. I always thought that was weird, but she had no problem eating them.

It's not a bad question to pose to vegans. From past experience being vegan can be caused by a whole array of reasons. A lot of times, I find that something traumatic has happened in the past to cause not eating meat.

They are just traumatized animals that don't want to eat other traumatized animals.   Grin
gccaalim

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 05:43:48 PM

I believe some people choose to be Vegan for healthier options. Vegetables is a good source of vitamins and minerals and it keeps your body fit and away from diseases. I think being a Vegan is choosing to have a healthier lifestyle.

LevshaK1

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:28:37 AM

I believe that such people are very fond of animals and are afraid to eat them. But primitive people did not feel such pity, because they needed to survive, and now because of the large production of food, some refuse meat.

Edrian

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:37:52 PM

I think there are several factors that pushes them in becoming a vegan. Some might just be really concern of there health. Some are just nature caring and hates to see an animal butchered to death. Some might be in there ethics.

I believe that such people are very fond of animals and are afraid to eat them. But primitive people did not feel such pity, because they needed to survive, and now because of the large production of food, some refuse meat.
I don't think that primitive people don't feel the same pity like the vegans do. It is just part of the ecosystem that people are predators.
palensya

Activity: 87

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:41:07 AM

Its simple people become vegan because they do not want to eat animals.

thineypow09

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 05:03:54 AM

For some people they became vegan because they it's healtheir than eating meat.  They believed that they will feel younger and look younger for eliminating meats in their system.
Leo D

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 07:18:52 AM

use google to find best ans

but if you ask me traduction
elinetophigh

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:38:00 AM

I have friends who are vegan.  They became vegan because of how they love animals.  They are against animal cruelty so they made a decision to be vegan.
ademschei

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:22:15 AM

People become vegan because they choose it.  Fot them eating vegetables will give them a longer life than eating red meat, poultry products, dairy and fishes.
blemish56

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 05:11:04 AM

People become vegan because they don't like to eat animals they are Pro-Life.
tonytandog7

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 07:00:40 AM

I have friends who are vegan.  They became vegan because of how they love animals.  They are against animal cruelty so they made a decision to be vegan.

Or maybe others became vegetarians because their doctor advised them to do become one.  For a healthy life.  And to prevent other diseases that may occur if they eat meat.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: