Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:11:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Both Bitcoin-24 and Mtgox having problems in the EU  (Read 14589 times)
bootlace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:50:31 PM

Bitcoin-24 have had both their bank accounts frozen since last week due to investigations by the German police, and are currently shut down. It seems like European withdrawals/transfers to/from Mtgox have also frozen over the past weeks (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179586.new).

There is already some confirmation by both BTC-24 and Mtgox that their lawyers are working together to try to solve this situation (they share the same Polish bank I believe who have frozen accounts despite little evidence). Despite little evidence for wrong doing and the best attempt of the lawyers, there is no clear sign that things will work out.

Wanted to give speculators here are heads up since as far as I know Mtgox still haven't publicly admitted to having problems with SEPA transfers, and such a new could affect the price.

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:52:21 PM

Price will go down as 18 months ago.
SAQ

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:53:49 PM

Where did you get the confirmation from Mt Gox that their lawyers are working to solve SEPA payment issues?
Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:00:38 PM

Bitcoin having legal problems in EU and Canada? Canada and EU thinking of taking money from depositors to save banks. Coincidence?
JimiQ84

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:04:45 PM

We need Switzerland based exchange
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:06:38 PM

Where did you get the confirmation from Mt Gox that their lawyers are working to solve SEPA payment issues?

MtGox Twitter account FYI

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
bootlace (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:09:21 PM

http://imgur.com/9oVLEtm

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
btcmind

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:11:02 PM

You forgot Bitfloor. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some big scale operation going on behind the scenes.
deadweasel

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:13:19 PM

You forgot Bitfloor. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some big scale operation going on behind the scenes.

it's always behind the scenes.

bootlace (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:14:40 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some big scale operation going on behind the scenes. The timing is too close, between B24 and BF.

First I thought it was just BTC24 owner's incompetence. Then I found it weird to hear Mtgox were helping out a competitor. Now that Mtgox EU withdrawals haven't gone through in weeks. Then I head Bitfloor just mysteriously shut down due to 'banking problems' . WTF is going on here..

awakening

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:14:57 PM

Volatile times... If we the EU people cannot take their money from MtGox accounts will them buy bitcoins to take their money out of MtGox ? Or will affect it more in the way of the problem and the people don't being able either to put money or take it out ?
Right now I'm doubting into buying bitcoins.. It can go either way if there is a real problem with banks and MtGox in Europe.
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:21:03 PM

Bitcoin-Central is in a partnership with a french bank, so is not susceptible to these problems. Bitcoin.de will have a similar status soon.

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
zarl

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:21:26 PM

I think we only see the start of these legal problems.
It was bad it increased to 266 so fast, too much attention.

And once these legal problems spread, price will drop fast.
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:27:58 PM

+1
jaime

Activity: 339

División de Poderes s.XXI es Descentralización

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 06:28:15 PM

It was going to happen anyway. Our money is goin to be kidnaped, but bitcoin will survive just because of that.

zarl

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:32:47 PM

It was going to happen anyway. Our money is goin to be kidnaped, but bitcoin will survive just because of that.

Yes I also think bitcoin will survive. but we are in for some legal problems, about withdrawing money.
I hope not.. but looks like it
SaintFlow

Activity: 476

The first is by definition not flawed.

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:35:04 PM

we have passed being ignored
we have passed being laughed at

next up: they fight us

tune in also the upcomming season: they join us

don't let me make you question your assumptions
bootlace (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:35:32 PM

This bad news comes at a bad time..just after the crash and before any real stability has been reached (40% up and down moves in last few days). At a time when the community and the outside public are looking for signs of strength to reassure them, this is not what we needed.

BitSmile

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:38:28 PM

Simon Hausdorf updated the bitcoin-24 site with some new information, and it seems he's confident it will work again...Hope so, as I had money there.
Can anyone translate this?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2329063/Beschluss%20Scan_geschwaerzt.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2329063/Einspruch%20Scan_geschwaerzt.pdf
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2329063/beschluss_durchsuchung_geschwaerzt.pdf

antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:41:05 PM

Is it impossible/difficult to wire money from the Eurozone to exchanges located outside, such as the Chinese exchange, or an American exchange?

What kind of controls are in place?

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: