News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are You losing Interest ?
Yes - 25 (32.9%)
No - 41 (53.9%)
Maybe - 10 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 76

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Are You losing Interest ?  (Read 7084 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:44:51 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2017, 07:26:04 AM by iamnotback

It is our interaction biologically with our environment over long periods of evolution that has given us the extremely high entropy that we can't transfer to machines. That entropy is buried not only in our genes but in our living biology (which includes the billions of variants of living personalities, cultures, etc). The robots could process information faster, but that gives them no inherent evolutionary advantage in terms of resilient creativity and adaptation due to the historical accumulation of entropy in the species.

Our genetic record (which is essentially most of what remains from all that entropy) is a few GB.  If you take into account on top of that, all epigenetic stuff and I'm being extremely large, lets say a factor of 1000 we end up with at most a few TB.  It is much, much less than that, but I don't need to argue here.

I refuted that already. If you refuse to read and understand what has been written, then I have nothing more to say.

A few TB is ridiculously stupid. We won't even be able to store the monetary blockchain of the world in a few TB. The NSA needs huge datacenters just try to store all the information that humans spit out onto the Internet.

And you think we can put human entropy on a single harddisk. Dude what are you smoking.

Edit: your error is your are thinking the entropy of the human species distills down to some encoding at the physical level of the individual humans, but the network of the humans (the connections and interrelations) is also alive and the entropy of the entire system is incalculable. We don't have the omniscience to perform that computation because it can only be determined with a total order (including on the future). Your doomsday perspective is analogous to "omniscient" leftists who think they can understand and control nature better than nature itself. It is a form of evil.

Btw, this is why the Internet was such a powerful innovation, because it unleashed the power of this species entropy as we are able to network much more efficiently and in wider scope. And this is going to change the world radically with decentralization technology. We are accelerating into the Knowledge Age and the Second Computer Revolution.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:46:20 AM

You are thinking about the system of the species by looking at one brain in isolation. That is very myopic. The value is in the diversity of the network.

You are comparing all of humanity to one machine.  That is not fair.  You should compare one human to one machine.  Because then you should compare a network of billions of machines to humanity.  If a single machine can outsmart a single human, then a network of a billion of those machines will outsmart a network of a billion of humans (also called humanity).  Guess what ?  That network of humans even needs the machine network to exist ; the machine network doesn't need the humans to interact.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:52:34 AM

You are thinking about the system of the species by looking at one brain in isolation. That is very myopic. The value is in the diversity of the network.

You are comparing all of humanity to one machine.  That is not fair.  You should compare one human to one machine.  Because then you should compare a network of billions of machines to humanity.  If a single machine can outsmart a single human, then a network of a billion of those machines will outsmart a network of a billion of humans (also called humanity).  Guess what ?  That network of humans even needs the machine network to exist ; the machine network doesn't need the humans to interact.

I didn't want to start this debate, because I knew you would drag me into a long noisy debate and now as expected you are ignoring the points I have made. I have already refuted this line of argument.

Please revisit what I have already written and put your thinking cap on. You are not dumb. You have the IQ to understand, if you take off your blinders.

Comparing one human to one machine is not informational at all. That is your first fundamental logic error on this subject matter. Then work forward from there really thinking carefully about my other points.

Why would machines have more entropy? Replication and acquiring knowledge faster is not an increase in entropy.

It is our interaction biologically with our environment over long periods of evolution that has given us the extremely high entropy that we can't transfer to machines (because it would require the machines be each one of us because none of us can totally comprehend the entire network of all of us).

The genes are not the largest store of entropy in our species. The encoding our entropy is in the living network of the species. Our network is alive also, analogous to the brain of ants is the collective brain of the colony. Our entropy is on the magnitude of some exponential or perhaps factorial of a billion (will need to think this out a bit when I have more time).

iamnotback

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:06:13 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2017, 08:17:32 AM by iamnotback

And you think we can put human entropy on a single harddisk. Dude what are you smoking.

Edit: your error is your are thinking the entropy of the human species distills down to some encoding at the physical level of the individual humans, but the network of the humans (the connections and interrelations) is also alive and the entropy of the entire system is incalculable. We don't have the omniscience to perform that computation...

Even if you wanted to compare an individual human's entropy to that of your best machine, the machine would still lose:

A 'reference man' (one who is 70 kilograms, 20–30 years old and 1.7 metres tall) contains on average about 30 trillion human cells and 39 trillion bacteria, say Ron Milo and Ron Sender at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel, and Shai Fuchs at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada.

And so now don't just consider the entropy of the DNA in those cells but attempt to calculate the entropy of the living network of interactions and interrelationships between those cells, which will be unique in every human body.

I hope you are starting to fathom why Kurzweil is either not a very sophisticated thinker and/or is a paid propagandist of JAD's Cathedral (i.e. the establishment elite), who employing fearmonging to mind control you (which they have done quite effectively). The Cathedral wants men to feel hopeless, useless, and abandon their manhood.

Please regurgitate the blue pill. I am handing you a red pill.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:23:03 AM

Not sure who i am replying to here..
But i thought of this reading the last batch of replies.
And talking is encouraging no matter what stance you all have.
THIS = Coindesk - Why We Need All The Altcoins We Can Get

Well..
That is fine & dandy but do we need 1,000 copies of Doge coin all with a different icon / graphics meme associated with it and then have the govt compliant exchanges all add them based on user-demand ?

Like we have never seen such a lawless corrupt heap of bullshit like this in modern times.
I can't think of anything else like this Altcoin stuff that existed before.. that was LAWLESS !

You haven't known many preachers and churches in your life apparently.

Churches have a 1000 copies with variances of memes of (e.g. the personality of the preacher) and they are all government compliant "non-profits" (yet the preacher get paids a "salary").

Religion is Bullshit
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:17:53 AM

When someone such as myself actually produces a project that is very well documented and explained and I come out in videos and explain why the project is not bullshit and why is it big time important, these bullshit shitcoins are going to be sold off in a firesale.

Sorry, but... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
iamnotback

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 09:29:47 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2017, 10:07:42 AM by iamnotback

When someone such as myself actually produces a project that is very well documented and explained and I come out in videos and explain why the project is not bullshit and why is it big time important, these bullshit shitcoins are going to be sold off in a firesale.

Sorry, but... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Was my technical analysis of PascalCoin incorrect?

It is okay man (yeah I see the 'sorry'), I am as tired of hearing myself as you are. And that is how tired I am of dealing with my health issue.

Thanks bro for taking advantage by quoting me out of context and wanting to challenge me when you know damn well if I was 100% energetic, I'd eat your challenge for breakfast and shit out your facepalm (in the form of actual code and action) before dinner time:

We absolutely need Bitcoin for when someone such as myself (or someone else similarly capable who is healthy)

In short, if my health returns you'd better wake up. Note I duplicated my 2km + 2 x 80meter sprints today same as yesterday. I hadn't run more than twice (and no power exercise such as sprinting) since starting treatment on Jan. 21. I am obviously energetic today, as I have been here debating in this thread. Continue sleeping please (meanwhile I haven't given up on my plans). Probably I am energetic today because I didn't take the antibiotics this morning. I am waiting to take this night.

But I will probably try switching my dosage from the mornings to evenings and see if that improves my ability to work.

Btw, you are good at trolling, but what have you actually accomplished? Can you open yourself up to similar scrutiny? I am here writing out the truths for everyone, explaining everything, working my tail off and being very frank and honest about everything. And you? You come around for the occasional terse flippant comment. So I am curious, where is your body of work and accomplishments. Where has your detailed logic and analysis been subject to public scrutiny? I remember you've made some comments about Steem, mostly all very critical, and some of those comments I thought were reasonably well thought out but some of them seemed to just be hateful and lacking a more sophisticated analysis of the potential of a Steem-like concept. Perhaps I should expend some time reading your archive of posts.

I mean if you are going to quote the hard working person out of context, then you should also be a hard working person. You should be offering something to the community. Just tearing things down, is destructive and not constructive. What do you bring to this community?

Edit: probably you own some PascalCoin and that is why you are trolling me. That is why I stopped talking about other projects. Excuse me for replying factually to Spoetnik's post about PascalCoin. I will learn to STFU and not give my analysis to the community.

You have a selective memory...
Crypto was always about greed and scams...
Let's see 2013... Gox, MCXNow, Mintpal, Cryptsy, ASIC scammers, Silk Road hitmen...

The "good old days" for Spoetnik.

Bitcoin is a scam too? So my project will be a scam too? I'd like to get you on record here. My project will be scam? Yes or no?

Show me some detailed usage stats for BitBay (the decentralized part only)...
Lots of "great tech" is a Ghost Town because it only impresses pro geeks.

The technology (TCP/IP, etc) of the Internet only impresses pro geeks. But the Internet impresses billions of users.

Me thinks you are a curmudgeon.

90% of the people here are fucking illiterate... you would not even know what one means by "style"  Cheesy

All I see is dozens of posts of you trolling the PureVIDZ thread. Don't you have any real work to do?
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:11:03 AM

Was my technical analysis of PascalCoin incorrect?

It is okay man (yeah I see the 'sorry'), I am as tired of hearing myself as you are. And that is how tired I am of dealing with my health issue.

Thanks bro for taking advantage by quoting me out of context and wanting to challenge me when you know damn well if I was 100% energetic, I'd eat your challenge for breakfast and shit out your facepalm (in the form of actual code and action) before dinner time:

We absolutely need Bitcoin for when someone such as myself (or someone else similarly capable who is healthy)

No, you misunderstand... I like you and you are a genius...
But you get waaaaaaaay too sidetracked "saving the human race" or whatever.

In short, if my health returns you'd better wake up. Note I duplicated my 2km + 2 x 80meter sprints today same as yesterday. I hadn't run more than twice (and no power exercise such as sprinting) since starting treatment on Jan. 21. I am obviously energetic today, as I have been here debating in this thread. Continue sleeping please (meanwhile I haven't given up on my plans). Probably I am energetic today because I didn't take the antibiotics this morning. I am waiting to take this night.

But I will probably try switching my dosage from the mornings to evenings and see if that improves my ability to work.

Btw, you are good at trolling, but what have you actually accomplished? Can you open yourself up to similar scrutiny? I am here writing out the truths for everyone, explaining everything, working my tail off and being very frank and honest about everything. And you? You come around for the occasional terse flippant comment. So I am curious, where is your body of work and accomplishments. Where has your detailed logic and analysis been subject to public scrutiny? I remember you've made some comments about Steem, mostly all very critical, and some of those comments I thought were reasonably well thought out but some of them seemed to just be hateful and lacking a more sophisticated analysis of the potential of a Steem-like concept. Perhaps I should expend some time reading your archive of posts.

I mean if you are going to quote the hard working person out of context, then you should also be a hard working person. You should be offering something to the community. Just tearing things down, is destructive and not constructive. What do you bring to this community?

Edit: probably you own some PascalCoin and that is why you are trolling me. That is why I stopped talking about other projects. Excuse me for replying factually to Spoetnik's post about PascalCoin. I will learn to STFU and not give my analysis to the community.

You have a selective memory...
Crypto was always about greed and scams...
Let's see 2013... Gox, MCXNow, Mintpal, Cryptsy, ASIC scammers, Silk Road hitmen...

The "good old days" for Spoetnik.

Bitcoin is a scam too? So my project will be a scam too? I'd like to get you on record here. My project will be scam? Yes or no?

Show me some detailed usage stats for BitBay (the decentralized part only)...
Lots of "great tech" is a Ghost Town because it only impresses pro geeks.

The technology (TCP/IP, etc) of the Internet only impresses pro geeks. But the Internet impresses billions of users.

Me thinks you are a curmudgeon.

No, you misunderstand... I like you and you are a genius...
But you get waaaaaaaay too sidetracked "saving the human race" or whatever...
Just launch a coin already and make some money, dude.

If you are well enough to post here 1,000,000 times... you are well enough to launch quality coins  Smiley

You will probably find some way to miss my point = just fucking do it.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:19:21 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2017, 10:58:43 AM by iamnotback

If you are well enough to post here 1,000,000 times... you are well enough to launch quality coins  Smiley

Incorrect. False.

You do not have experience with chronic neurotoxic illness and software development do you?

Posting some comments does not require deep concentration and the ability to maintain focus with 100s of variables and concepts in one's mind for a period of hours non-stop. I can't do that when I have delirium.

You can't be a correct critic of that which you have no experience. We generally entrust those critics who have great experience in the field they are critiquing. You obviously have near 0 knowledge about illness.

Today while I am debating you and dinofelis, unexpectedly I probably have the energy to do some technical work (apparently because I didn't take the meds this morning). But in the past 4 weeks under the delirium effects of very intense medicines, no I could not do any programming or technical work even though I wanted to (yet I was able to post because posting I could do with delirium).

Btw, I have refuted the Singularity in the past. It will never happen.

I don't want to debate it again right now, which is why I didn't respond to the above comment in that thread.

I avoided replying to him for several days, because I knew damn well if I did, then it was going to fill up a thread repeating a debate that AnonyMint did several times already in the past.

I was doing technical work fairly intensely in Q4 2016. I wrote a very detailed and long technical research document. I suppose it is about 100 pages and ~200 cited references.

You will probably find some way to miss my point = just fucking do it.

You are missing the point. Do you think if I could have "just fucking do it" then I would not have? You don't seem to understand what delirium is. Or you simply don't believe I am being honest.

It isn't like a will power or self-discipline problem that you are imagining. It is a fucking medical problem! (And I will be damn ecstatic when I can change "is" to "was")
iamnotback

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:48:39 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2017, 11:34:24 AM by iamnotback

But you get waaaaaaaay too sidetracked "saving the human race" or whatever...

I have not viewed the importance of my research to be saving the human race, although I have mentioned that the decentralization technology is probably an important release valve for the coming totalitarianism of the dying Industrial Age debt model of development. I like to understand how things work. That is what makes me who I am. I am analyzing for example cultural evolutionary strategy, why gold is centralized, etc.. All of these investigations add to my polymath-like (I'm not a genuine polymath) knowledge base.

And the past 4 weeks have been mired in medically-induced downtime/delirium, where I couldn't have done any serious technical work any way.

I understand your point about the importance of "head down in the trenches" being necessary to finish s/w projects. I obviously know that, since my track record is I have finished million user projects as the sole developer in the past. So I obviously understand what is required.

My point to Spoetnik is that even though 99.9% may be scams, it will only take one serious project to pull most of the capital out of the 100s of shitcoins and into the next big thing. I inject myself only because I think my technical knowledge is an example that not all of our ecosystem is hype devoid of actual technological knowledge. I wasn't trying to imply that I will certainly be the one to accomplish anything. Who else could I cite as an example? Smooth? What has he accomplished (I mean he is very technically knowledgeable and has made himself a lot of money and we have Monero, Aeon, and Steem)? Anthony the author of Byteball has made an important innovation, but many of you probably under appreciate the relevance. So I can't really cite him as an example yet, and I think he messed up other aspects of his design so the core of his invention may not achieve what its importance represents.
supersnips

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 10:51:38 AM

same here, needed to wait for 6 confirmartions, took about 2 or more hours. Giropay would have finished transaction in 2min.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:07:11 AM

I am saying many of you have this stance on it all that this SHOULD be lawless.

Regardless of what it should be, it is what it is for the time being.

AML laws were invented to stop good people from honest "investments" ?

AML laws were enacted by the Cathedral that wants to sustain their power in the dying Industrial Age.

We are on the way towards totalitarianism and if you can't see that, then you have not studied the history of civilization sufficiently.

Are crypto coins simply about defying law now ?
I did not join crypto to join the rebel crowd here who are after bringing down the govt ..for profit.

Well you will get partial agreement from me that we need to mainstream. And fighting the government is not (yet) a mainstream popular activity.

Nevertheless, the lack of regulations on our ecosystem is important because otherwise no innovation could happen at all. So when you finally see that WWW of blockchains, it will exist because regulations were not standing in the way of innovation.
no1dead

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:13:06 AM

No, and won't lose interest in the future, bitcoin is my life, every expenses are earned from bitcoin, including trading and gambling, also signature campaign gives me a little per month.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 11:18:30 AM

At the end of the day Altcoins are non existent and have no meaning until i come back here to this bubble.
Where users chant "free market" and "no laws" so they can profit off the lawless situation.
So tell me optimists does that over-view of the situation make you think things will be getting better or worse ?

It's a never ending babble fest about hypothetical things with a dash of conspiracy LOL

You gotta remember when we got in the game we could mine the launch of every coin since there was only a handful and none of this ICO garbage.

I am going to agree with both of you that the ecosystem is focused on gaming each other, and not focused on a technology that could actually be useful and widely used. When TBL created the WWW, he wasn't doing it for profit.

But TBL did not handle the monetary side and now look the Internet is fucked up by centralized payments systems, centralized databases (e.g. Facebook), centralized monetization (e.g. Google Adwords), etc.

So let's attack those fundamental problems that TBL left for us to solve.

That is exactly what I am intending to do.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 03:01:41 PM

It is our interaction biologically with our environment over long periods of evolution that has given us the extremely high entropy that we can't transfer to machines. That entropy is buried not only in our genes but in our living biology (which includes the billions of variants of living personalities, cultures, etc). The robots could process information faster, but that gives them no inherent evolutionary advantage in terms of resilient creativity and adaptation due to the historical accumulation of entropy in the species.

Our genetic record (which is essentially most of what remains from all that entropy) is a few GB.  If you take into account on top of that, all epigenetic stuff and I'm being extremely large, lets say a factor of 1000 we end up with at most a few TB.  It is much, much less than that, but I don't need to argue here.

I refuted that already. If you refuse to read and understand what has been written, then I have nothing more to say.

A few TB is ridiculously stupid. We won't even be able to store the monetary blockchain of the world in a few TB. The NSA needs huge datacenters just try to store all the information that humans spit out onto the Internet.

Edit: your error is your are thinking the entropy of the human species distills down to some encoding at the physical level of the individual humans, but the network of the humans (the connections and interrelations) is also alive and the entropy of the entire system is incalculable. We don't have the omniscience to perform that computation because it can only be determined with a total order (including on the future). Your doomsday perspective is analogous to "omniscient" leftists who think they can understand and control nature better than nature itself. It is a form of evil.

Btw, this is why the Internet was such a powerful innovation, because it unleashed the power of this species entropy as we are able to network much more efficiently and in wider scope. And this is going to change the world radically with decentralization technology. We are accelerating into the Knowledge Age and the Second Computer Revolution.

To take up the thread again on this.  I will try to list my "axioms":

1) a human brain is just a physical device that computes.  So it is essentially a deterministic computation function, with information input (sensory neural input) and entropy input (noise in all of its kinds: quantum noise in chemical processes, thermal noise, external noise in different parameters like temperature, cosmic rays, whatever).

2) the human body construction extracted a lot of information from the 3.8 billions of evolution, but this information is summarized in the genetic and epi-genetic record: all the information needed to make a human body.  The genetic information is about 4 GB (in fact much less).  The epigenetic information is harder to estimate, but probably of the same order of magnitude.  In order not to delve into this, I admit a factor of 1000.  So lets say that all information ever extracted from our evolution is less than 4 TB.  With 4 TB of information, you can make a human body, and hence a human brain.   The *fundamental software* of the functioning of the human brain is included into this.

3) The human brain being a sophisticated computing device of given (large) computing capacity, and evolving only very slowly (the brains of the ancient Greeks are comparable to ours), and given Moore's law, sooner or later, silicon devices will reach comparable computing power.

4) Silicon computing devices enjoy higher sensory data streams and higher entropy (noise) streams than humans.  The highest level of human sensory input is the visual input, which is less than the visual input of an iphone camera.  Silicon devices can be equipped with tens of MB / s of genuine noise entropy with very little electronics (and they can generate much higher fluxes of pseudo-random noise).

5) the data storage capacity of a human brain is estimated to be of the order of 2.5 Petabytes.  That's still 6 orders of magnitude higher than your average PC ram.  Moore's law tells us that we will reach that in an ordinary PC in about 30 years (20 steps of 2, and 18 months per step of 2).

From these axioms, it follows trivially that in some point in the future, all computing that a human brain can do, can be done also in silicon.  I'm giving myself a century for the singularity, so if Moore's law holds so long, the point where individual, not-too-expensive silicon devices reach human brain computing capacity in all its respects is largely within this reach.

This is just to illustrate that a single silicon entity has enough *hardware* to be more powerful in its computing than a human brain is, in all its respects.
But then there is the "software".  We know that the initial human brain software is less than 4 TB, probably much much less so.  The human brain is then fed with a sensory data flow during its childhood: but nothing stops a machine from obtaining a similar data flow.

Concerning now the "human network": the entropy flow in the human network flow is NOT huge at all.  In fact, most of it is only a very small fraction of the sensory data flow (the spoken word is at most a few KB per second ; visual human contact is smaller than the visual data flow, less than a few MB/s).  All these "raw data" fluxes are way way redundant, and the actual data flow between humans to make up "humanity" is ridiculously smaller than this.  I would estimate it to be lower than a few KB/s per human.  

All of humanity's "knowledge" is available also as network resource, so this information is just as well available to machines as it is to humans.  Wikipedia gives most of human's general knowledge ; arxiv gives a lot of scientific knowledge.  These databases are in fact relatively small.  They can fit into one single RAM of a single machine when those machines will have PB of RAM.

So essentially, what remains is the comparison between a low-data-flux network of a few billion humans, with individual humans as nodes, as compared to a similar network of machines ; both have access to the same amount of knowledge (wiki, arxiv, ...) ; in fact, humans have to obtain it from machines, not the other way around.  Machine nodes communicate much higher fluxes of data in their machine network than humans communicate to form the "humanity" network.  The nodes have higher computing and memory capacity than the human nodes.  The computing algorithms are more sophisticated and faster evolving.

So no, at a certain point, on all entropic, information and computing aspects, a network of nodes of smart machines outperforms a similar network of humans.  At that point, the fertile ground is present for obtaining a more intelligent network of machines than humans IN ALL ASPECTS of intelligence, hence on strategic, economic, financial, political, .... levels.

If one has self-evolving software at that point, cryptographic distributed systems where nobody knows what deals are made between what nodes, and so on, I don't see how it can be avoided that this network will outperform us on all levels, including economic, political, etc... domains.

In a certain way, we won't know whether the "deep state" is a club of humans, or machines.

That's the essence of my argument.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:12:15 PM

Bitcoin- yes. Nothing new or exciting has happened in what seems like years. It's too concrete and defined to waste any of my time arguing about its future or direction with thousands of other idiots. As far as altcoin interest goes, it always comes and goes in cycles for me. I've been dormant for a while, and coming back to activity as of late. There are three altcoins I'm really interested in right now- Pepecash, MobileGo, and Chimera. Actively supporting these three and really looking forward with what's to come. With that being said, once these coins have developed past infancy, I'll probably fall back into disinterest for a while.
iamnotback

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 05:14:32 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 03:54:10 AM by iamnotback

To take up the thread again on this.  I will try to list my "axioms":

1) a human brain is just a physical device that computes.  So it is essentially a deterministic computation function, with information input (sensory neural input) and entropy input (noise in all of its kinds: quantum noise in chemical processes, thermal noise, external noise in different parameters like temperature, cosmic rays, whatever).

The entropy of the human brain is not independent of the entropy of the human body. Our body influences our personality, the way we think and react, etc.. Which shows up as entropy in the millions of petabytes of data that the NSA is storing. Your TeraBytes claim was so incredibly ridiculous (and off by many orders-of-magnitude) and I am really surprised that you can't give up on this failed conceptualization of yours. I expected your intellect is higher than this.

2) the human body construction extracted a lot of information from the 3.8 billions of evolution, but this information is summarized in the genetic and epi-genetic record: all the information needed to make a human body.

Dude human bodies don't just appear fully matured instantly after fertilization. There is an environment contributing to that entropy all along the way of life of the human. Even the infant gradually take on trillions of microflora which wasn't present at birth, which is why they need the natural immunity in the mother's milk (70% of our immune system is in our gut and highly involved with the microflora).

And the network is alive and continuous. That entropy is transferred and mixed with the new humans added to it.

The genetic information is about 4 GB (in fact much less).  The epigenetic information is harder to estimate, but probably of the same order of magnitude.  In order not to delve into this, I admit a factor of 1000.

You are farting hand waving nonsense out of your arse.

And you are wasting my time. That gets you in trouble with me, because I don't have time to waste. You are wasting my time because apparently you don't have the intellect to comprehend or your stubborn and foolish pride won't allow you to look at the situation more objectively.

3) The human brain being a sophisticated computing device of given (large) computing capacity, and evolving only very slowly (the brains of the ancient Greeks are comparable to ours), and given Moore's law, sooner or later, silicon devices will reach comparable computing power.

Processing power has nothing to do with the entropy issue.

You are raising irrelevant concerns. And that you don't understand why it is irrelevant exemplifies that you haven't yet comprehended what I've been trying to teach you.

4) Silicon computing devices enjoy higher sensory data streams and higher entropy (noise) streams than humans.  The highest level of human sensory input is the visual input, which is less than the visual input of an iphone camera.  Silicon devices can be equipped with tens of MB / s of genuine noise entropy with very little electronics (and they can generate much higher fluxes of pseudo-random noise).

You continue to emphasize the capabilities of individual machines (which the human can add and leverage to itself), which is entirely irrelevant to the point of there the incalculable scale of human entropy derives. Until you get this point, you are going to continue to be oblivious to your error in conceptualization of the issue.

5) the data storage capacity of a human brain is estimated to be of the order of 2.5 Petabytes.  That's still 6 orders of magnitude higher than your average PC ram.  Moore's law tells us that we will reach that in an ordinary PC in about 30 years (20 steps of 2, and 18 months per step of 2).

Google is my external storage. I have much more storage than that. You seem to forget that humans leverage machines and tools.

From these axioms, it follows trivially that in some point in the future, all computing that a human brain can do, can be done also in silicon.

By this logic, we could dice up a human into individual cells and say that given that a cell is very limited in capabilities, then humans will be very limited.

By only focusing on one aspect of human (his brain) and only humans in isolation from their network and environment which is integrated into the entropy of the human species, you are basing your conclusion on irrelevant conceptualization.

I'm giving myself a century for the singularity

Then you are a smart idiot, and can join Kurzweil and other doomsday Mathusians who have always been incorrect.

This is just to illustrate that a single silicon entity has enough *hardware* to be more powerful in its computing than a human brain is, in all its respects.
But then there is the "software".

A gallon of gasoline has more energy than a human can produce by himself in a month, yet gasoline has accomplished very little by itself.

Your conceptualization is now giving me the idea that your IQ isn't as high as I thought it might be.

Concerning now the "human network": the entropy flow in the human network flow is NOT huge at all.  In fact, most of it is only a very small fraction of the sensory data flow (the spoken word is at most a few KB per second ; visual human contact is smaller than the visual data flow, less than a few MB/s).  All these "raw data" fluxes are way way redundant, and the actual data flow between humans to make up "humanity" is ridiculously smaller than this.  I would estimate it to be lower than a few KB/s per human.

Oh I see you haven't learnt Chaos Theory, the Butterfly Effect, and the pendulum example from Chaos theory. How much entropy is there in a relationship that can be used to generate the unbounded number of digits of Pi? Yet how many KB does it take to transfer that initial condition (similar to the pendulum initial state).

When someone reads something on the Internet, then they do something which leads to a Butterfly effect which boomerangs as side-effects in the network in unbounded way. You should really understand even the simple case of unbounded nondeterminism in Hewitt's Actor model.

Come on man, you are out of your league debating with me on this topic. Have a little respect and maybe go spend some time learning why you are incorrect.

All of humanity's "knowledge" is available also as network resource, so this information is just as well available to machines as it is to humans.  Wikipedia gives most of human's general knowledge ; arxiv gives a lot of scientific knowledge.  These databases are in fact relatively small.  They can fit into one single RAM of a single machine when those machines will have PB of RAM.

You still don't seem to understand that the network (i.e. the free market) is alive and dynamic and no one can capture that information ever.

If you tried to extract that information then due to Chaos theory, you'd add to it in the process and then when you tried to extract what you added it to it, you add to it some more. You'd never get to the edge of the universe, because this would require that we don't exist in the first place.

You entirely don't comprehend why total orders don't exist and you don't even comprehend what information is.

That's the essence of my argument.

It is pitiful and insulting that you are wasting my time. Please go get an education first.

I tried to be nice, but you are determined to fill up this thread with off topic posts. You could have messaged me in private or started a new thread in Meta forum or some where else.
Hermanny

Activity: 242
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 06:04:51 PM

I am not losing my interest. I am not as active I used to be, but I am still following what is happening in the crypto world.
Grdas130979

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

The truth is out there

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:17:36 PM

I havent lost interest but its getting very difficult to keep track of everything thats going on with alts. One has to focus on some of them and to be alert, else he stays behind

iamnotback

View Profile
February 22, 2017, 08:21:24 PM
Last edit: February 22, 2017, 08:31:38 PM by iamnotback

I havent lost interest but its getting very difficult to keep track of everything thats going on with alts. One has to focus on some of them and to be alert, else he stays behind

This is a very important point.

I can't even keep up with all of them.

<rant>
But I can tell you they are all nonsense shitcoins except for maybe one or two of them (I know because I've analyzed so many and I can immediately tell they are bullshit scams given my level of experience such as I could instantly tell PascalCoin was a shitcoin). Including MaidSafe, etc.. I will rip to shreds the nonsense "technology" of these shitcoins one day if and when I am ready to do.

But it isn't my job to slay all these shitcoins by analyzing each one. It is better to go into the market of adoption and kick ass where it really matters. Because technically illiterate and gullible speculators will believe what they want to believe (and will troll and fight me if I try to tell them otherwise), until some statistics of adoption and ecosystem growth open their eyes to reality.

Do feel free to get excited about whatever you want to believe. That is the way a free market operates. When you get penalized for being uninformed, the free market is doing its job to take money from the incompetent and give it to the competent.

Remember when I warned about Synereo. Remember when I explained why Ethereum's Casper could never work. Remember I wrote to buy Monero on the low right before it made its rocket shot upwards. Etc...

But don't listen to me. Go out there and get excited. Help the free market do its job.

Also many of you don't give a damn about the technology. You only care if some other fools will buy it too, so you can dump your tokens at a profit. Nothing wrong with that. Carry forth...
</rant>
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: