Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:41:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Can Someone Help With Linux + ATI + 2 cards  (Read 1357 times)
AndyRossy (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:30:26 PM

Quick question guys, hoping somebody can help.

So, i've set up a Linux Arch box, with 2 x 6950's in. 

[root@sky miner]# aticonfig --list-adapters
* 0. 01:00.0 AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series
  1. 04:00.0 AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

Both are detected, buut

[root@sky miner]# python2 poclbm.py --user=user --pass=pass -d4 -obtcguild.com -v -f 0 -w 128
No device specified or device not found, use -d to specify one of the following

•      Cayman
  • [1]     Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E5200  @ 2.50GHz

poclbm can only see 1 device - which appears to only use one of the cards (hashrate ~300, which is what I go when running with just 1 machine)

Is there anyway to get a mining thread on each of the devices or get poclbm running 1 instance on each device?  Is it to do with dummy plugs, I currently only have a monitor plugged into one of them, do I need a dummy plug for the other GPU? Without a dummy plug, what happens if I cross fire them? Is there anyway without dummy plugs?

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AndyRossy (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 08:54:49 PM

Fixed it, for reference if anyone has the same problem, after adding the new card

aticonfig -inital wont work, I did, aticonfig -inital --adapter=all

and now, it works (obviously restarting X) (would close thread, but cant close own threads)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: