Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:12:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it time to get rid of Linux/JavaScript/Python kids?  (Read 6910 times)
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:42:22 PM

I have not seen a BSOD for a long long time, because of my sane choice of OS.
But how can you be certain that it's a sane choice?
mine does not crash all the time. Smiley
Are you sure? Maybe the computer feeding your vat-brain information just tells you it's not crashing.
my uptime is 105 days and 6 hours... Tongue
Well, that's what the computer tells you. How can you be sure it's telling the truth?
It runs linux? Tongue
Maybe the computer feeding your vat-brain info is just telling you it runs Linux. How can you be sure?
Code:
$ uname -s
Linux

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:48:31 PM

My sane choice of OS is Windows Server 2012 where, under Hyper V, I can also enjoy Ubuntu, and yes, much less often other distros).

Bill Gates gets richer, and you get poorer.  Cheesy

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 07:49:21 PM

Are you sure? Maybe the computer feeding your vat-brain information just tells you it's not crashing.
Well, that's what the computer tells you. How can you be sure it's telling the truth?
It runs linux? Tongue
Maybe the computer feeding your vat-brain info is just telling you it runs Linux. How can you be sure?
Code:
$ uname -s
Linux
But again, how can you be sure you even input that command? Your vat-brain computer could just be telling you that you did, and that was the response.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:51:33 PM

It runs linux? Tongue
Code:
$ uname -s
Linux
But again, how can you be sure you even input that command? Your vat-brain computer could just be telling you that you did, and that was the response.
are you saying that the vat controlling computer could run windows? i have to disagree with that. if it did run windows, i would not be able to write this message right now. Tongue

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 07:52:26 PM

It runs linux? Tongue
Code:
$ uname -s
Linux
are you saying that the vat controlling computer could run windows? i have to disagree with that. if it did run windows, i would not be able to write this message right now. Tongue
Perhaps you just think you're writing this message right now.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Tonko (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:53:57 PM

It runs linux? Tongue
Code:
$ uname -s
Linux

Some anti-depressants or xanax seem to be in order.
kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:54:17 PM

It runs linux? Tongue
Code:
$ uname -s
Linux
no. if the computer controlling my vat-brain crashed no stuff would happen, it can therefor not run windows. Tongue

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:55:16 PM

It runs linux? Tongue
Code:
$ uname -s
Linux
Some anti-depressants or xanax seem to be in order.
Go over to dank, if you need some love and pharmaceuticals. Cheesy

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:00:05 PM

if the computer controlling my vat-brain crashed no stuff would happen, it can therefor not run windows. Tongue
I never said it did. You're not making claims about the vat computer, though. You're making claims about a computer "you" own. Which may or may not be a simulation inside that other computer. The point is, you can't know if it's actually running linux or not. You can't even be sure you have a computer. All you know is that you think you have a computer, and you think it's running Linux.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:02:09 PM

if the computer controlling my vat-brain crashed no stuff would happen, it can therefor not run windows. Tongue
I never said it did. You're not making claims about the vat computer, though. You're making claims about a computer "you" own. Which may or may not be a simulation inside that other computer. The point is, you can't know if it's actually running linux or not. You can't even be sure you have a computer. All you know is that you think you have a computer, and you think it's running Linux.
but it tells me so, and linux machines does not lie. Tongue

Tonko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:02:43 PM

Lookie, lookie. You are a smart girl aren't you Wink
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:04:12 PM

Lookie, lookie. You are a smart girl aren't you Wink

Wit not your strong point I see.  Cheesy

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:05:47 PM

All you know is that you think it tells you so, and that you think Linux machines don't lie. You can't know either way.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:06:59 PM

All you know is that you think it tells you so, and that you think Linux machines don't lie. You can't know either way.
all i know its that i don't know nothing(and that my machine runs linux)!

Tonko (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:08:17 PM

Wit not your strong point I see.  Cheesy

Ahh, I always dreamed of one as smart as you to take care of all my coupons.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:13:24 PM

Correction: You think your machine runs Linux. You cannot know either way. You can't even know that you have a machine. You think you do, but you can't be sure it's not just what your brain-vat computer is telling you.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:14:15 PM

Correction: You think your machine runs Linux. You cannot know either way. You can't even know that you have a machine. You think you do, but you can't be sure it's not just what your brain-vat computer is telling you.
LIAR!!!!!!!!!

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:15:14 PM

LIAR!!!!!!!!!
How can you be sure, then?

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:20:34 PM

LIAR!!!!!!!!!
How can you be sure, then?
you are not allowed to use such arguments! im the only one that can use solipsism as an argument because, i think therefor i am! and as im the only one that is logically provable thinking here you can not make up soliptic arguments. ITS ALL IN MY HEAD! all i know that i use linux on my machine.

kokjo
Legendary

You are WRONG!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 08:24:42 PM

fuck you, im going over to dank, to see funny colors. funny colors does not question my intellectual authority.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: