Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 04:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it time to get rid of Linux/JavaScript/Python kids?  (Read 6910 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 09:22:26 PM

i know what solipsism is, i did just claim it in the other discussion to win.
And by doing so, you lost.
im winning!

(remind you of anyone?)
Only the most awesome man currently alive. More Tiger Blood than you can handle.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
majorddf

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:31:45 PM

Simply put from my experience, the main reason that these web apps are HTML/CSS/PHP/Python/Apache/JavaScript/MySQL is because that is what is taught at University if you went there to learn how to code for the web.

Most all web devs that left school in the new millennium regard building for the web using .NET as akin to using tables when creating a layout.

For better or worse, .NET will eventually die a death, purely from not being what is recommended. I have seen several complex web projects which were basically ASP/.NET web projects being converted to HTML/PHP.

Whether you consider this good or not, I leave that up to you.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:08:32 PM

Simply put from my experience, the main reason that these web apps are HTML/CSS/PHP/Python/Apache/JavaScript/MySQL is because that is what is taught at University if you went there to learn how to code for the web.

Most all web devs that left school in the new millennium regard building for the web using .NET as akin to using tables when creating a layout.

For better or worse, .NET will eventually die a death, purely from not being what is recommended. I have seen several complex web projects which were basically ASP/.NET web projects being converted to HTML/PHP.

Whether you consider this good or not, I leave that up to you.

As a .NET guy myself who has also done lots of Java and PHP dev, I can say that "classic" ASP and ASP.NET webforms should certainly die a horrible death. 

However, the newer ASP.NET MVC platform is the best thing since sliced bread (in my opinion anyways)
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:12:09 PM

However, the newer ASP.NET MVC platform is the best thing since sliced bread (in my opinion anyways)

Can you create a complex website as easily as this with it: https://ciyam.org/slideshow.html ?

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:22:46 PM

Can you create a complex website as easily as this with it: https://ciyam.org/slideshow.html ?

Certainly not, but it's a programming environment, not a point-n-click web app generator.  As a programmer, I'm pretty sure you understand the difference.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:50:45 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 02:49:58 PM by CIYAM Open

Certainly not, but it's a programming environment, not a point-n-click web app generator.  As a programmer, I'm pretty sure you understand the difference.

Actually CIYAM is also a "programming environment" (although you *can* generate web apps easily also) - my point being that the next generation of programming is going to look a lot more like what I've demonstrated (I would also recommend looking at Intentional Software).

I am pretty sure that the future of software is "software manufacturing" (although maybe not my particular way of doing this of course).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:48:37 PM

Nice shitstorm OP
10/10

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 02:52:46 PM

Nice shitstorm OP
10/10

Yeah - I don't think the thread title was really the best way to start any sort of dialog - but at least a few interesting posts have followed.

FreedomEqualsRiches

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 09:49:46 PM

Certainly not, but it's a programming environment, not a point-n-click web app generator.  As a programmer, I'm pretty sure you understand the difference.

Actually CIYAM is also a "programming environment" (although you *can* generate web apps easily also) - my point being that the next generation of programming is going to look a lot more like what I've demonstrated (I would also recommend looking at Intentional Software).

I am pretty sure that the future of software is "software manufacturing" (although maybe not my particular way of doing this of course).

I'm old, so I use LAMP.

BTC: 1M7gCkPUQe76pAs4Ya6wM3ihqKHKA1TYB8
LTC: LYYC67qyVXnbvv11mYzcPREhVRgkmA8zz3
Tonko (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 03:29:09 AM

Nice shitstorm OP
10/10

Happy to oblige.
RichG

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 05:38:56 AM

Alternatively, you could have not made a stupid post.

There was nothing stupid about it.

Google and Facebook and their need to cut on the cost of storage with a huge number of servers doesn't translate into overall shitty Bitcoin services.

With ASP .NET kiddos get at least free but tested samples of accepting and storing login ids and passwords securely, code that works for ages.
So kiddos don't need to stretch their brains inventing the wheel.

There are many samples of good UI, popups that asks for confirmation, that they just need copy and paste.

MS SQL is used in many places collocated around the exchanges so it is without a doubt fast and solid enough for immensely higher load than Mt. Gox processes.

With .NET Entity Framework I created more complex, solid and faster response databases than Coinbase did with stupid Mongo.

Yes, some MS stuff is very efficient, but most people like being able to apply patches to broken things themselves, and to not have to wait for MS to fix it. That's why so many people like Linux/JS/Python.

I myself use Linux.

Go masturbate on your Office 2010 disc.
Tonko (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:02:35 PM

Yes, some MS stuff is very efficient, but most people like being able to apply patches to broken things themselves, and to not have to wait for MS to fix it. That's why so many people like Linux/JS/Python.

I myself use Linux.

Most people can't fix anything in the first place because they don't know how to write code. They use Linux and JS/Python because they are dirt poor and at best have some technical education, so they can dream about themselves being coders. Cheapo startups also like the same crap because investors are cheap, wanting cheap labor.

Go masturbate on your Office 2010 disc.

Unnecessary low blow signalling a jerk and a moron.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 09:15:39 PM

I myself use Linux.

Most people can't fix anything in the first place because they don't know how to write code. They use Linux and JS/Python because they are dirt poor and at best have some technical education, so they can dream about themselves being coders. Cheapo startups also like the same crap because investors are cheap, wanting cheap labor.
Or because they know that as soon as a bug is found, people get to work on fixing it, and it gets sent up and down stream as soon as someone's fixed it?
I mean, that's why I prefer Linux.
That it's free is a bonus.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:29:07 PM

They use Linux and JS/Python because they are dirt poor and at best have some technical education, so they can dream about themselves being coders. Cheapo startups also like the same crap because investors are cheap, wanting cheap labor.
cf yourself:
Unnecessary low blow signalling a jerk and a moron.

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Tonko (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 09:45:04 PM

Or because they know that as soon as a bug is found, people get to work on fixing it, and it gets sent up and down stream as soon as someone's fixed it?

That is as idealized as "Navy, the Global Force for Good". Yes, they do something but probably don't really know what are they really doing. That needs brain, not zillions of fixes to JS libraries.

When some big Linux player (and/or so called Linux community, if such exits and is even theoretically possible) accepts and starts pushing D language, I may begin to believe.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 10:09:47 PM

.......When some big Linux player (and/or so called Linux community, if such exits and is even theoretically possible) accepts and starts pushing D language, I may begin to believe.

What's "D language"? Sounds interesting.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Tonko (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:19:47 PM

.......When some big Linux player (and/or so called Linux community, if such exits and is even theoretically possible) accepts and starts pushing D language, I may begin to believe.

What's "D language"? Sounds interesting.

http://dlang.org/

Unfortunately, both Google and Microsoft are too busy promoting their internal fiefdom languages, while one can only hope that Oracle will finally kill Java (they are trying their best) and get crap far from the mind and far from the heart.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 10:40:21 PM

That is as idealized as "Navy, the Global Force for Good". Yes, they do something but probably don't really know what are they really doing. That needs brain, not zillions of fixes to JS libraries.
Closed source = small number of brains working on problems.
Open source = large (potentially as large as the user base) number of brains working on problems.

I know which I'd rather have.

Tonko (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 10:50:44 PM

Open source = large (potentially as large as the user base) number of brains working on problems.

That such a PC fairyland, I'm embarrassed at myself replying.

For dimwits: PC as in Political Correctness, not Personal Computer
myrkul

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2013, 10:54:29 PM

That such a PC fairyland, I'm embarrassed at myself replying.
Well, I'd hardly call that a "reply," so I guess you can save your embarrassment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: