Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:02:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: All cryptocurrencies and gold is a friend of fiat money  (Read 1538 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AlgoSwan (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

ancap

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:35:01 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 02:45:01 PM by AlgoSwan

Proof 1: If gold is the enemy of the government's fiat money, then why does the government mint gold coins and sell them to the public?

Last night in a brainstorm about gold, bitcoin and all fiat, I've discovered something. First of all I've discovered that gold or any precious metal isn't against fiat money. So called gold against fiat or protect yourself against inflation with gold is bs. Here is my hypothesis: If gold is against fiat money, it wouldn't accept fiat money for the exchange. We all know gold is exchanging with all the world fiat money almost every f....g second. So, as long as you accept fiat money for your tangible stuff (say it gold, bitcoin yeah bitcoin is tangible with stored in your computer) you are not against fiat money. Because you take the fiat and give your hard-earned value. What do you think? Will we see any cryptocurrency remove all fiat money from the cryptocurrency-exchanges?

Looking to buy a verified betfair account with escrow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TeslaUa

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:37:30 PM

Sure, fiat has to go down relative to something. And that is gold at the moment. So, yeah, fiat vs gold is the same as honey vs bees.
AlgoSwan (OP)

ancap

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:20:03 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2013, 02:17:06 PM by AlgoSwan

Gold and silver has been used as money for 3,000 years. And almost forever owners of these metals created the very first paper (fiat) money. If you think gold and/or silver as a rival to fiat, you're dead wrong. These two (precious metals and fiat) are very close friends. They (forever owners of gold and silver) decided to create fiat money because of easy to store and mine (create out of thin air). Slavery, gold, fiat ,,, these words are closely connected.

Here we go: cryptocurrencies! Do you have any logical answer to this: Is BTC a friend of all fiat money and/or gold? Will (owners of the gold mines) banksters own majority of BTC if not already?

alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:43:55 PM

Here we go: cryptocurrencies! Do you have any logical answer to this: Is BTC a friend of all fiat money and/or gold? Will (owners of the gold mines) bankesters own majority of BTC if not already?

Caveat: another cryptocurrency can always be created!!!  Grin

Bankster who?  Wink
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:23:24 PM

Is BTC a friend of all fiat money and/or gold? Will (owners of the gold mines) banksters own majority of BTC if not already?
Of course Bitcoin is a friend of fiat because it is 100% dependable on energy and precious metals. energy is the true power. if u have lots of energy u have lots of power, if u have lots of bitcoins u have nothing as soon as the power guy turns off the lights.
Bitcoin "needs" gold, all contacts on pcb...  copper for all electric motors....   PM do not need bitcoin.
BitAddict
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:41:07 AM

1. They sell you gold for fiat.
2. They changes laws... now it's illegal to own gold.
3. They steal all your gold.
4. Repeat.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:46:03 AM

I'm glad you've been paying attention.  But I'm mostly happy that Bitcoin is giving gold bugs nightmares.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
manfred
Legendary

Activity: 966

Energy is Wealth

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:54:15 AM

I'm glad you've been paying attention.  But I'm mostly happy that Bitcoin is giving gold bugs nightmares.
energy is giving bitcoin bugs nightmares.
energy = master
bitcoin = slave
What would i give to be free
AlgoSwan (OP)

ancap

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:24:13 PM

I'm mostly happy that Bitcoin is giving gold bugs nightmares.

Not only giving nightmares to goldbugs, BTC may also solve the enigma of fiat and precious metals. These two closely connected to money and slavery. BTC will redefine the concepts of money and slavery. There is a fake war between fiat money and gold. This is so important. Let's dig it!

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:47:06 PM

Proof 1: If gold is the enemy of the government's fiat money, then why does the government mint gold coins and sell them to the public?

Last night in a brainstorm about gold, bitcoin and all fiat, I've discovered something. First of all I've discovered that gold or any precious metal isn't against fiat money. So called gold against fiat or protect yourself against inflation with gold is bs. Here is my hypothesis: If gold is against fiat money, it wouldn't accept fiat money for the exchange. We all know gold is exchanging with all the world fiat money almost every f....g second. So, as long as you accept fiat money for your tangible stuff (say it gold, bitcoin yeah bitcoin is tangible with stored in your computer) you are not against fiat money. Because you take the fiat and give your hard-earned value. What do you think? Will we see any cryptocurrency remove all fiat money from the cryptocurrency-exchanges?

Absolute horseshit. I don't know what you mean "Gold is against fiat" Gold is neutral. It doesn't have politics. The MARKETS are what matters. Gold is nothing more than a store of wealth, and it continues to DEFLATE (gain value), whereas fiat only loses value. If you store your wealth in cash, you'll be broke in 50 years. This is why NOBODY invests in cash for the long term.

True, Gold can appear volatile, but it's really not as volatile as it appears. What's volitile is the fiat currency. 'Stuff' isn't getting more expensive, it's that "money" is getting more worthless.

But regardless, Gold is apolitical. Your post is mind-numbingly retarded.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
AlgoSwan (OP)

ancap

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 07:34:18 PM

Gold is nothing more than a store of wealth, and it continues to DEFLATE (gain value), whereas fiat only loses value. If you store your wealth in cash, you'll be broke in 50 years.
Can you think about paperless and goldless (read it carefully I didn't mean godless, I said goldless--- but yeah these two closely connected, another thread topic maybe) world for a second? And now talk about deflation and inflation in which both terms will have no meaning to producers (who produce something to get other thing). Deflation, inflation, stagnation. Many ....tion was created to confuse most of humanity. Now please do us a favor and read some human history for the last 500 years. Please focus on money. Who invented money? And why? Gold and silver was money for thousands of years, and fiat -paper- became new money. Who decided it? Yeah the very same people who owns most of world gold. The critical question is: why did they make this move? (yeah limited supply, smart boy)

You said that gold is apolitical. What kind of joke is this?

wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:07:09 PM

There are lots of reasons that the oligarchs would want to shift the peasantry over to a use of fiat currency from Gold. It's easier to steal people's wealth with a fiat currency that you can manipulate. Gold is VERY hard to manipulate. There are some VERY BASIC economic principles at play, that you are either intentionally ignoring, or are too obtuse to understand.

I agree that the 'tions' as terms are used a lot to confuse people, but I assure you that the effects of those 'tions' are very very real. You can't get away from them by just ignoring them. Market forces are omnipresent. If you sit around with your your cash in the bank, and your thumb up your ass, you will lose your wealth to 'inflation' (confusing word, maybe, but real effects). It's a more subtle way of stealing wealth, and the common idiot falls for it, because they don't know any better.

And of course gold is apolitical, jackass. It's inanimate. It's a tool. Just like a hammer is apolitical, so too is gold. It can be used for good or evil, but it doesn't have any opinions.

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
AlgoSwan (OP)

ancap

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:29:02 PM

If you sit around with your your cash in the bank, and your thumb up your ass, you will lose your wealth to 'inflation' (confusing word, maybe, but real effects). It's a more subtle way of stealing wealth, and the common idiot falls for it, because they don't know any better.
Still you're talking about wealth, money, inflation. Just think for a moment: moneyless world. Can you think about it? What do you see?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: