Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:12:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-04-19 - Bitcoin Faces More Problems World's Biggest Bitcoin Exchange Hacked  (Read 1456 times)
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:47:16 AM

http://www.ibtimes.com/bitcoin-faces-more-problems-worlds-biggest-bitcoin-exchange-hacked-another-closes-1202563#

What's up with confusing ddos attacks as 'hacks' ?
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4368
Merit: 3060

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:16:28 PM

It's okay though, because...
At the time of writing, the problem seems to have been resolved and the page is up and writing.

Mt. Gox is in the writing business now? That must be where all these incompetently-written articles are coming from. Cheesy

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:57:23 PM

It's okay though, because...
At the time of writing, the problem seems to have been resolved and the page is up and writing.

Mt. Gox is in the writing business now? That must be where all these incompetently-written articles are coming from. Cheesy

Perhaps they meant to say painting.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:43:13 PM

I have never realized exactly how awful some journalists are until I met Bitcoin. My god.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:58:54 PM

just remember there's a vested interest going on here.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:25:49 PM

newspapers now hire 5 year olds to write articles

ok
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 07:28:15 PM

I have never realized exactly how awful some journalists are until I met Bitcoin. My god.

I used to think I understood, but man, +1.

Koekiemonster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

Bitbuy.nl!

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:03:05 PM

I'm going to use this, but then a little bit different:
"I have never realized exactly how awful some journalists and economists are until I met Bitcoin. My god."

https://www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
Bitcointalk topic over Bitbuy!
Herodes (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:47:33 AM

Haha, and that's because you actually have a clue about bitcoin. Now, just imagine the reporting on all the things you don't have a clue about..
tjohej

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Magic Staff

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:40:32 PM

Not only the journalists know little to nothing about Bitcoin many times, spreading misinformation but also Bitcoin supporters themselves may know very little about it. This is not uncommon.

Like I don't think all Bitcoin supporters understand exactly what a block is and all its functions or how exactly BTC are transferred form person to person, or should I say from person to blockchain? The good thing though is that if they want to learn they have the possibility and I and many more are willing to help.

I mean even our videos promoting Bitcoin say "person to person". Is it then strange that people then may believe it really is from person to person and not from person to blockchain?

There may still be hope for the 1st decentralized cryptocurrency which is Bitcoin. How to approach different subjects is key to progress.
Kazu

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:22:29 PM

It doesn't go from "person to blockchain" either because it never "leaves" the blockchain in the first place.

Different people own bitcoins and it is easy to transfer from one user to another. Thus, "person to person." Maybe from a technical perspective not quite right, but from a practical standpoint, it is.

CoinLenders - Bitcoin Bank Script / Demo
1v.io/kazu - 15ccW7m6RxDFWEKc3P1NdwWpX1N1pU7gZ8
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: