Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:33:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to break the signature check for Polaris GPU - Win 7,Win 10  (Read 9949 times)
shadowhlohavec (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 12:20:35 AM

Hello with these new drivers, amd decided no renew the signature check which made slightly more difficult to adjust your gpu bios for optimal performance, more info here - https://www.techpowerup.com/228536/amd-bios-signature-check-re-enabled-with-relive-locks-out-polaris-bios-modders

I have found a guide how to break this signature check for win10 but I haven't tested it, anyway people gave good feedback and it worked in most cases

For win 10:
Download the modified kernel driver here: http://bit.ly/2h0NpwR
Download the Pixel Clock Patcher here: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher (needed for the windows driver signature workaround)

1) Navigate to the amd driver extraction directory, usually "C:\AMD" then go into" Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.1-Dec7\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\B309333"
2) Extract the modified kernel driver in the "\B309333" directory overwriting the file
3) Uninstall current amd drivers normally and DO NOT REBOOT when asked
4) Reboot with advanced options like so:
5) Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.
6) Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
7) When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of options, press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.
This is needed only ONE TIME to successfully install the modified kernel, in the next reboot the driver signature enforcement will return to normal.
8 ) Install the driver normally with setup.exe in C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.1-Dec7
DO NOT REBOOT WHEN ASKED
9) When the installation is finished run the atikmdag-patcher.exe (this will take care of driver signature for windows so we no loger need to disabled the enforcement with F7)
10) Press yes to patch the file
11) When finishes reboot the pc and enjoy your modified bios

I couldn't find any guide for win7, but after some I managed to do it myself

For win 7:
Download the modified kernel driver here: http://bit.ly/2h0NpwR
Download the Pixel Clock Patcher here: https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher (needed for the windows driver signature workaround)

1) Go to 'C:\windows\system32\drivers'
2) Extract the modified kernel driver in the 'drivers' directory overwriting the file
3) Uninstall current amd drivers using the installer
4) Reboot !Important while rebooting get into advanced boot options by pressing F8 while windows booting (if the boot menu asking you to select drive shows up just press esc and keep pressing f8 fast)
5) select Disable driver signature enforcement.
This is needed only ONE TIME to successfully install the modified kernel, in the next reboot the driver signature enforcement will return to normal.
6) Install the driver normally with setup.exe in C:\AMD\Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-16.12.1-Dec7
DO NOT REBOOT WHEN ASKED
7) When the installation is finished run the atikmdag-patcher.exe (this will take care of driver signature for windows so we no loger need to disabled the enforcement with F7)
8 ) Press yes to patch the file
9) When finishes reboot the pc and enjoy your modified bios

When you want to mod another gpu, you don't need to do this whole process again, you can just start from step 5)

If you have any questions or problems just ask
Hope it will work for you too Smiley
Enjoy

NOIZ

⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ICO LIVE SOON ● ⇒

○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITE WHITEPAPER  TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK ○ ○ ○

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 06:23:18 AM

what is the advantage to using the newest driver instead the "old ones "
Not just much more simpler to install any "older non Crimson-ReLive drivers " without signature check ?
For etherum , zcash, monero , i did not experienced any increased speed , i tried a few "Crimson-ReLive driver" with signature check and modified kernel driver / Pixel Clock Patcher on some of my 6, 7 gpu rigs with custom bios .

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
shadowhlohavec (OP)

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 11:13:01 AM

Not just much more simpler to install any "older non Crimson-ReLive drivers " without signature check ?
For etherum , zcash, monero , i did not experienced any increased speed , i tried a few "Crimson-ReLive driver" with signature check and modified kernel driver / Pixel Clock Patcher on some of my 6, 7 gpu rigs with custom bios .

It doesn't matter which driver you are using, I'm not sure if this has affected all amd cards but it's less possible, anyway, the new amd cards have this signature check and installing older drivers won't help

NOIZ

nu1mlock

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:55:53 PM

When it comes to ZEC mining, new drivers have a lot less hash rate. At least that's what happened on one of my RX 480's. It was hashing at about 2/3 of the possible rate. When I reverted back to the older drivers, it started hashing as it should.

That's my personal experience with it anyway, and with both Claymore and Optiminer claiming that to be the case, then I'm assuming that's what happened.
shadowhlohavec (OP)

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 07:29:36 PM

guys I think this is more about the new cards, My friend bought a new msi rx 470, when he flashed it he couldn't install any driver because of the signature check. I have bought new msi rx 480, had the same problem...

NOIZ

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 02:22:26 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2017, 03:48:10 AM by xxcsu

It doesn't matter which driver you are using, I'm not sure if this has affected all amd cards but it's less possible, anyway, the new amd cards have this signature check and installing older drivers won't help

AMD cards don't have a signature check !!! The latest AMD DRIVERS have a signature check !!!

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Razmolotte

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 08:52:48 PM

Thanks for this help shadowhlohavec.
It's work on 16.12.1. Do you know how do the same with the last driver Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 please?? =)
shadowhlohavec (OP)

NoizChain

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 08:59:20 PM

Thanks for this help shadowhlohavec.
It's work on 16.12.1. Do you know how do the same with the last driver Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 please?? =)

Try the same procedure, it should work for all drivers, then report if it was working please

NOIZ

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:17:38 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 02:54:24 AM by toptek

it does work for all driver but for some reason AMD posted the wrong drivers for the date of Radeon Software   433 MB   Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1    2/22/2017  if you can't get them to install even with this signature check and you still want to use Crimson ReLive Edition 17.2.1 use the ones  http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064&rev=17.2.1 from Feb 13th beta version the release does not have any  .dll or .sys file compiled right it looks like and every time i i try to clean install with any AMD card OR APU I  own i get lame ass error not sure why  AMD is letting it stay that way so long ... unless there in grossed into the up$coming CPU due out on March 2 .

PS EDIt it looks like they FIXed the one from 2/22/2017 file size changed ..

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
iqbal26

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:51:45 AM

Thanks for tutor
I will try on saphire rx470 & asus rx480
Copperhorse

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 12:06:02 AM

I fucking love you. My shit was never working for some reason and it's because AMD are shitholes.
BulldogPO

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:09:00 AM

Didn't help me or did I do something wrong as I used these instructions for Windows 10 Pro and two RX 570 4GB´s.
I did suffer from low ETH hash speed (15MH/s per card) with stock bios and then I edited bios, flashed it in and tried these instructions with AMD blockchain drivers. Result is BSOD during driver install Sad
Or should I use newest AMD display drivers and leave these Blockchain ones?
doktor83

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 06:34:54 AM

no reason to use new drivers when blockchain drivers work just good for us miners.

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
pass75

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:15:41 PM

no reason to use new drivers when blockchain drivers work just good for us miners.
They also don't work because are giving the same digital signature error.
doktor83

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 01:46:59 PM

They also don't work because are giving the same digital signature error.

don't know what you are talking about.
Installing blockchain aug drivers and patching with atikmdag just works perfect.

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:12:24 PM

Hi,

It's working for me, but the atimdagpatcher only does the patch on the card thats plugged in my monitor(rx550)
The 2nd card, amd rx460 doesnt gets patched, when i run atimdagpatch now it says its already patched, but thats for my rx550
when i plug my monitor in the rx460 i get black screen, but it is showing in hwmonitor ( showing 0 mhz frequenty) Not showing in amd program.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███