Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:07:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen when 1 satoshi is $ 1?  (Read 17243 times)
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 01:19:19 AM

If 1 satoshi is equal to 1$ then 1 bitcoin would cost $100m that time if my calculations is correct. If that would happen then all of us would be really rich and will be living a wealthy life. Our whole life will be secured and even our future generations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmo_online_1981

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:21:30 AM

That I have many money, because I have a 0.003 BTC
 Grin Grin Grin
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:12:44 PM

What if bitcoin gains much more value than you anticipate? So what happens when 1 satoshi reaches the price of 1 dollar?
What kind of arrangement is made if payment is requested as Cent? Can the bitcoin core be modified?
How I wish that things to be happen in reality. Cheesy
Perhaps, all bitcoin community who have a satoshi to their own bitcoin storage wallet will instantly become a millionaire.
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2017, 07:47:37 PM

What if bitcoin gains much more value than you anticipate? So what happens when 1 satoshi reaches the price of 1 dollar?
What kind of arrangement is made if payment is requested as Cent? Can the bitcoin core be modified?
if that will happen in the future
you will start to think if you will send bitcoin or not because of its fee

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:08:10 PM

1. That would be awesome, but it is not going to happen. It would take a long time to get there, but the price does not only go up.
2. I do not know if it is possible, but I guess it could be modified in some way. But I guess the answer does not matter, since it wont happen.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
andrew24p

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:54:56 PM

dont think 1 satoshi will ever be worth 1 USD too much bitcoin not enough USD to make that happen.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                                                                                                                         █
█                                                                                                                         █
█          ██     ██       ▄█▄        ██        ██     ▄██████▄    ██████████    ████████    ██████▄                      █
█          ██     ██       ███        ██        ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██      ██ ██       ███      ███     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██     ▄██ ██▄      ████    ████     ██              ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          █████████     ██   ██      ██ ██  ██ ██      ▀█████▄        ██        ███████     ██   ▄█▀                     █
█          ██     ██     ██   ██      ██  █▄▄█  ██            ██       ██        ██          █████                        █
█          ██     ██    ▄███████▄     ██  ████  ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██   ██                      █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ██     ██       ██        ██          ██    ██                     █
█          ██     ██    ██     ██     ██   ██   ██     ▀██████▀        ██        ████████    ██     ██                    █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
M   A   R   K   E   T   P   L  A   C   E  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

The first token offering total buyback
─────❯❯❯ICO Starts : 28th of November 2017❮❮❮─────

❖TWITTER
❖TELEGRAM
❖WHITEPAPER
❖FACEBOOK
❖ANN THREAD
SLACK
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 12:35:40 AM

Perhaps we need smaller units than 1 satoshi?

I agree with you. This is undeniably needed since $1 is not the smallest unit of money and satoshi, in contrast, is the smallest unit of bitcoin. So if that (Satoshi becomes equal to $1) happens, there has to be Satoshi Jr. Grin
if bitcoin worth that high of course we will need a smaller unit than 1 satoshi. for under 1 dollar is also still there? but is it possible to happen?
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 12:47:57 AM

At the moment is getting more easy to 1 bitcoin reach again the 1 dollars value, with soo many attempts to try to change the coin that has been created and since those hadnt been changed, now the core looks like dont know what is best to bitcoin anymore, and their solution will make price crash, how long people will keep their investement at bitcoin?
Hanako

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:23:04 AM

In my opinion it will not happens .
Because about  100000 satoshi is equal to 1$ then you can think that if it will happen only when the price of bitcoin increase about one lakh time the current price . Which is Impossible for about 10-20 years .
But.if it would be then surely we will restricted to make transaction of minimum 10$ with 0.25satoshi fee of transaction

the thought is too good to be true for the moment. i agree with you that it is impossibe too, to even achieve that 1 sats will be equal to 1 dollar. it takes a lot of time for bitcoin to come to that point. time, efforts, developments perhaps.

and if that happens, im sure fees will increase too. as the price of bitcoin increases, the fees increases as well.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:26:06 AM

Perhaps we need smaller units than 1 satoshi?

I agree with you. This is undeniably needed since $1 is not the smallest unit of money and satoshi, in contrast, is the smallest unit of bitcoin. So if that (Satoshi becomes equal to $1) happens, there has to be Satoshi Jr. Grin
Lol I thought it just laughing. you know to get 1 satoshi it is a very easy thing. and if one satoshi = 1 dollar. what will happen to the world after that?
soul-impact

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:42:09 PM

if 1 satoshi is 1$ , i just save 1billion satoshi and exchange it  Grin
it is estimate with 10 Bitcoin. Have you had enough money to buy 10 Bitcoin yet? I doubt that you can buy 10 Bitcoin at the moment since I will cost you at least $11000. Keep dreaming boy, nobody tax your dream. You can become a billionaire if you hold your Bitcoin for the next 10 years

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:51:49 PM

if 1 satoshi is 1$ , i just save 1billion satoshi and exchange it  Grin
it is estimate with 10 Bitcoin. Have you had enough money to buy 10 Bitcoin yet? I doubt that you can buy 10 Bitcoin at the moment since I will cost you at least $11000. Keep dreaming boy, nobody tax your dream. You can become a billionaire if you hold your Bitcoin for the next 10 years

A part of me is telling that it is actually possible in the future, may be 10-15 years but it is a possibility.
And holding Bitcoin is no new thing now, there are people whom I personally know who are holding their bitcoins from the start and that still are holding.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 04:14:29 PM

Very easy thing. First the time when 1 satoshi will be 1 us dollar is very loin and so bitcoin have the time to "think" about this. But even if would be near it will be enough to divide the satoshi in the same way like bitcoin (so with 8 mini division part) and everything is made.
Machine Funk

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:17:24 AM

If thst happens then what will you do if you need to pay half a dollar ?
You need decimals.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:41:26 AM

If thst happens then what will you do if you need to pay half a dollar ?
You need decimals.

This could only happen if so many Bitcoins were lost, that there weren't many left. Many have already been lost as people forget their private keys, so over time, more and more Bitcoins will get lost and will never be recovered.
Pearls Before Swine

Activity: 1190
Merit: 306

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:45:21 AM

That would be frigging lovely, but if 1 satoshi ever was worth $1, the world would probably not be functional.   At least the US dollar wouldn't be.   What would I do?  Buy land, buy a house, buy some toys.  That'd be straight up like winning powerball.
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:50:23 AM

If 1 satoshi is equal to 1$ then 1 bitcoin would cost $100m that time if my calculations is correct. If that would happen then all of us would be really rich and will be living a wealthy life. Our whole life will be secured and even our future generations.

I'm more concerned about what the fee would be on a standard bitcoin transaction, if it gets to this price. It would be cheaper to hand deliver the cash to a person in most cases, I would think, rather than pay the multiple thousand dollar transaction fee should the fees scale along with that price increase.

Hell, you can mail em gold at that point, LOL.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:58:50 AM

That would be frigging lovely, but if 1 satoshi ever was worth $1, the world would probably not be functional.   At least the US dollar wouldn't be.   What would I do?  Buy land, buy a house, buy some toys.  That'd be straight up like winning powerball.
Yes if the satoshi is $1 we can literally buy anything we want because just imagine if we have at least 50,000 satoshi then it will cost about $50,000 and that is a very huge amount and we can buy different things we that and much more if you have a lot of bitcoins in your wallet and that is more even worth than winning a lottery jackpot.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:24:44 AM

1 satoshi is equal to 1$ in the future? Wow! I can be a millionaire if ever that will happen. Every bitcoin users will be happy if that happens. Bitcoin will be very popular for sure. Many invetors will be more interested on it.
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:35:24 AM

then 1 bitcoin would be worth like 100000000(100M dollars each) and the market cap would be astronomical

would never happen of course

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: