Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:21:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Biostar TB250 - Kaby Lake 6 slot PCIe Mining Motherboard  (Read 13973 times)
awesomeRobot

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:38:03 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 10:54:55 PM by awesomeRobot

I just got a couple of these boards and they have a newer June release of the BIOS and I can only get 4 GPUs working.  I get the 3 of 6 with yellow '!' icons per the Biostar instructions so I'm obviously missing something.  Can someone who has gotten it to work please re-translate the Biostar instructions Roll Eyes, the translated english is not clear.  Specifically these: http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/support/faq_content.php?S_ID=768

Here's how I'm reading it:
1) Use default BIOS settings except just turn on mining mode.  (somebody mentioned "set Max Tolud 3.5" too?) but that's the only setting change from defaults I'm seeing.
2) Windows 10 auto installs a base driver for Nvidia, so I'm guessing that I (right-click and) uninstall the (default) driver from device manager to get to the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter".  I have the latest nvidia package installed so I'll need to do a cleaner install.
3) Once this is done then I reinstall the (specific AMD) video card drivers, reboot and everything should come up.  Problem is I'm using NV cards so I'm just using the latest.

I've tried both Ubuntu and Windows 10 and can't get more than 4 cards recognized stable with this board. :\  I'm sure it's pilot error, hopefully it's something simple. Thanks!

1500W PSU // 6x NV1070

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rahul_1998

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 09:22:31 AM

Hi Friends

i am totally new to the Mininig community and Just started by setting up 6 GPU Nvidia Ge force GTX 1060 using Bio star TB 250 BTC Mother board and 64 GB  hard disk Liteon.

My problem is that
1) i am getting only 2.5 MH/s where as it should be 19 MH/s per card
2) only 4 cards are running ( tried to create virtual memory also but that did not work.

can any one help pl.

regds
Cuarzo

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:26:04 AM

Hello. I just got this motherboard but i have the same issue as many people. I got 5 gpus but only shows 4.

I read some information over website and it said update the bios and change the option "enable 4g decoding"

Where is this option for this motherboard... i navigated all over the bios with no luck... please help me... or if it is other solution for me to get the 5 working
vikeh

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:27:35 PM

I am a reseller of Biostar products in Europe.

For those that can't see more than 4 or sometimes even less, from my experience, if you have risers with SATA power, make sure that you use only two per cable. If you are out of SATAs' use molex adapter to SATA power.

I could see all the 6 GPUs on a TB250 mobo but had unstable performance, so I did what I mentioned above and it worked perfectly. All i did in BIOS is turned the mining mode on and nothing else. This rig was with 6 x 1060s'.

Should you need any help, feel free to contact me and I help from what I've learned so far Smiley
bluedeep
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:35:25 PM

Hello. I just got this motherboard but i have the same issue as many people. I got 5 gpus but only shows 4.

I read some information over website and it said update the bios and change the option "enable 4g decoding"

Where is this option for this motherboard... i navigated all over the bios with no luck... please help me... or if it is other solution for me to get the 5 working
You should try some software like 6gpu_mod. I think it should work also on 5 pci-e motherboards. In the past I got this issue on motherboards  with 6 pci-e slots.

||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
Cuarzo

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 12:45:03 PM

For those that can't see more than 4 or sometimes even less, from my experience, if you have risers with SATA power, make sure that you use only two per cable. If you are out of SATAs' use molex adapter to SATA power.

I could see all the 6 GPUs on a TB250 mobo but had unstable performance, so I did what I mentioned above and it worked perfectly. All i did in BIOS is turned the mining mode on and nothing else. This rig was with 6 x 1060s'.

Should you need any help, feel free to contact me and I help from what I've learned so far Smiley

Thanks for your answer. That is the way i have them connected. Two cards in one data power and one alone

You should try some software like 6gpu_mod. I think it should work also on 5 pci-e motherboards. In the past I got this issue on motherboards  with 6 pci-e slots.

Also thank you for your replay. But this motherboard is supposed to support 6 gpus and specially for mining!!!. I am new to this so i don't know about this software... i will research
vikeh

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:09:52 PM

Thanks for your answer. That is the way i have them connected. Two cards in one data power and one alone

Also thank you for your replay. But this motherboard is supposed to support 6 gpus and specially for mining!!!. I am new to this so i don't know about this software... i will research

I'm also setting up a rig for a client and there's an issue with unstable mh/s. This might be a riser or power issue. Still identifying the cause of this. Will get back to with the solution here.
bluedeep
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:26:05 PM

As I've said , I got the same problem in the past,

"But this motherboard is supposed to support 6 gpus and specially for mining!!!"

-the motherboard was AsRock H81 Pro BTC so it doesn't matter.

||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
crypto.lawyer.187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:34:56 PM

As I've said , I got the same problem in the past,

"But this motherboard is supposed to support 6 gpus and specially for mining!!!"

-the motherboard was AsRock H81 Pro BTC so it doesn't matter.

I have 10 of these in my farm

reliable
cheap

Only complaints are

2 of the boards, one of pcie lanes broken
2 of the boards died
1 board acts weird -- inconsitent hash had to throw it out

I got 7 GPUs to work on some of the mobos, not others

anyone know why?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: