Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:50:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we create a one pager bitcoin buying site?  (Read 2020 times)
TheBitcoinBoy (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 08:27:56 AM

Hi,

I really want to create one pager bitcoin buying site solely for new comers, who don't know much about bitcoins and want them instantly. Site should have one page. Which ask for How much bitcoins you want or worth USD, then BTC address after clicking submit it should have credit card checkout. That's it.

If you are a developer, please PM me.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 906

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:09:44 PM

Hi,

I really want to create one pager bitcoin buying site solely for new comers, who don't know much about bitcoins and want them instantly. Site should have one page. Which ask for How much bitcoins you want or worth USD, then BTC address after clicking submit it should have credit card checkout. That's it.

If you are a developer, please PM me.

It`s a simple idea and sounds great,but what if people start to file disputes and credit card chargebacks after they get the bitcoins they buy?
What if they buy bitcoins with stolen credit or debit cards?
Have you ever thought about those problems?

Dice-Bet

Activity: 294
Merit: 102

Dice-Bet.com | BTC, ETH, LTC | 0.7% HE | Invest

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 02:29:41 PM

Nice idea in practice and very easy to make, but you'll get charge backs for sure. Unless you are planning nefarious activities

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:59:54 PM

So in essence you want an easier way for people to buy BTC.
The problem is that people would abuse the system. By singing up, people have to verify their identity and prove that the cards they're using actually belong to them.
Without such a protective measure people would use the site to buy BTC using illegally obtained funds.
If you could get around that issue then perhaps it would be something worth pursuing.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 08:04:41 PM

In Belgium and The Netherlands, there's already such a site that does this, it's also possible to sell your Bitcoins. You don't even have to make an account etc. 
For smaller amounts, you don't have to provide verification and for larger amounts, verification with your mobile phone is instant.

Check out http://www.bitonic.nl

nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 09:28:11 AM

In essence what you want to do is an all in one page with a server to manage the bitcoin transactions, either to buy or sell, but just a question, do you want to make it only crypto to crypto or crypto to FIAT ?
So all in all, the process would be something like that (if you use php) :

1- Create a page (even empty)
2- Setup some variables for identification
3- Setup calls to daemons
4- Use trackers to know who is doing what
5- All your variables and querries must be done using $_POST
6- When you create the page, use this CSS code "display:none" and trigger it to be shown depending on the session informations of each user, like if(isset($_session[...])) or if(isset($_POST[...])) to check for what data are available for the user.

These informations shall set you on track if you are to work with php, i don't personally advise you to use annother language, because it would ask for more time and effort, especially regarding nodejs, unless you are good enough with webserver usage and programing, because all the tutorials you will find are made to show you how to generate several pages using template engines like jade ...

Or you can use some languages like scala which could bring some nice content.

Do not hesitate to use javascript frameworks to handle the page loading, but do not use them to handle critical data, javascript can be easily changed in the console, and use variables or database calls to check for every user data, do not let them send you data, rely on your's only.
apercoin

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 09:34:21 AM

not possible legally to a start with
nemgun

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 10:21:16 AM

I am not considering legal issues here, because it depends on which country you want to host your page, and even if it is not possible, you can still do a crypto to crypto page, which is not regulated.
Aareon

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:27:36 AM

I believe this can be done. The site dynamically creates new on-page dialogs that the user fills out, that I would believe would solve the page problem.
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 11:28:32 AM

I am not considering legal issues here, because it depends on which country you want to host your page, and even if it is not possible, you can still do a crypto to crypto page, which is not regulated.
This aims in the direction i would advise you to go. Find out which country would be best for you needs. Second make sure that you can not be taken advantage of (charge backs). Maybe think about alternative forms of payment. I think of gift coupons, prepaid cars etc. It is easy to buy those and would be just a small inconvenience for the buyer. I would also advice you to not make it to price since people wouldn't want to use it.

BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:17:47 PM

Yes it is possible, somebody made https://www.buysomebitcoins.com - you just need an account and buying btc is easy with any card.

The problem here is, it may look simple but the back end is complex.
freemanjackal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:11:38 PM

isnt and easy task, having a site with these pourposes would be very complicated, first thing is that for any that wants to buy bitcoins once the btc deposit is made that person can roll back the payment made by card, there are other complications
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:18:06 PM

In Op's case,I believe they don't want a crypto-to-crypto rather USD to BTC as mentioned clearly.So yes,legal issues still be a concern if they do it openly with their IP's and accounts registered with that country.

isnt and easy task, having a site with these pourposes would be very complicated, first thing is that for any that wants to buy bitcoins once the btc deposit is made that person can roll back the payment made by card, there are other complications
And your point again ? If you're done with sig spamming the project development section..please..
Aareon

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:45:54 PM

Is there a method of payment in USD that there would be no scare of roll backs?

Can a block explorer not be used as evidence?
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:33:08 AM

lel, no.
Aareon

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:30:04 AM

lel, no.

That's unfortunate. I can't think of any other method that could prevent this.
nemgun

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 01:30:39 PM

The backend is always the worst part, you can make a simple frontend, in a single page, or a even a simple pop-up, but the backend have to be secured with several methods, plus it depends on the way you process the purshase, because there are many ways to do it, you can use an internal escrow who will hold the bitcoins from the platform wallet, and then process them to the buyer on receive event from fiat processor, or you can send funds directly (which is not advised).
What ever you decide to do, i will be long, and difficult especially because of security questions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: