Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:29:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: X11 Baikal x GPU  (Read 3410 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:12:09 PM

Advantage of GPU over the Baikal ASIC is that if diff goes nuts in Dash (which is likely) or price falls (which is also likely) a GPU can mine about 100 other coins that Baikal cannot.

well a baikal can mine 6 algo not only one, so you have some other option in case x11 tank, it's also true that if dash tank other coins can not sustain its hash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 06:54:57 PM

Advantage of GPU over the Baikal ASIC is that if diff goes nuts in Dash (which is likely) or price falls (which is also likely) a GPU can mine about 100 other coins that Baikal cannot.

well a baikal can mine 6 algo not only one, so you have some other option in case x11 tank, it's also true that if dash tank other coins can not sustain its hash

Agreed, there are some other options. But none of them as profitable, and while I am a fan of Baikal/Dash I would still argue that GPU most likely have better resale value and wider application area.

Not saying Baikal is a bad value, just pointing out limitations.

Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 03:21:37 PM

When buying GPUs, why buy a used GPU over a new GPU? The price may be lower but do used GPUs keep their warranty? I thought the warranty only applied to the original buyer
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 04:53:24 PM

When buying GPUs, why buy a used GPU over a new GPU? The price may be lower but do used GPUs keep their warranty? I thought the warranty only applied to the original buyer

I can only imagine that mining would somehow break the warranty, but who knows.
thedatacare

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:48:33 AM

Baikal miner is currently based 40nm architecture. More than likely with all the money they are getting, they will put it into R &D and release 20 nm or even 14 nm machine soon. Once that happens, all of the existing Baikal machines will be less valuable. As for the GPUs, they will need to find some other coin to make it worthwhile.

Does anyone know the mining power of one Sapphiretech Rx 470 Nitro model for Dash/x11 algo ?

Agreed, there are some other options. But none of them as profitable, and while I am a fan of Baikal/Dash I would still argue that GPU most likely have better resale value and wider application area.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 09:10:01 AM

Baikal miner is currently based 40nm architecture. More than likely with all the money they are getting, they will put it into R &D and release 20 nm or even 14 nm machine soon. Once that happens, all of the existing Baikal machines will be less valuable. As for the GPUs, they will need to find some other coin to make it worthwhile.

Does anyone know the mining power of one Sapphiretech Rx 470 Nitro model for Dash/x11 algo ?

at current rate of profitability i only need less than 3 months to roi with a A-900 giant, nothing can roi that fast at the moment
wishxy

Activity: 474
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 09:18:00 AM

Has anybody succeed to ordered any Baikal miner lately? It seems price has jumped 2-3x.
hecc357

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 07:44:18 PM

Has anybody succeed to ordered any Baikal miner lately? It seems price has jumped 2-3x.

I bought in January 1 mini miner and in February 3 more mini miners and joined them together to quad. I am very satisfied with them so I am thinking of buying more.
If you want to buy then go ONLY on

http://www.baikalminer.com/

all other sites are scammers and thieves.
Price is 300$ for mini, 1200$ for quad and 2380$ for giant.
Both times I got discount too Smiley

It is too bad that I have to do their job. They should be advertising on forums by themselves...

PS: Payment DASH and BTC only
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 08:55:11 PM

I bought in January 1 mini miner and in February 3 more mini miners and joined them together to quad. I am very satisfied with them so I am thinking of buying more.

It is too bad that I have to do their job. They should be advertising on forums by themselves...

They are sold out, advertising would do them no good right now but frustrate buyers who want their product but cannot get it.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
maxmad_x

Activity: 546

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:19:18 PM

Try https://asicminermarket.com/
several options to pay. trusted and good prices.

Thats a scam!!!
hecc357

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 06:12:24 AM

They are sold out, advertising would do them no good right now but frustrate buyers who want their product but cannot get it.

Yes, sadly. I contacted them and they dont have them. They even dont know when will they be available. One would say that chinese could make thousands of miners over weekend but looks like it isn't so...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: