Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:06:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How I made my first Million USD on digital currencies  (Read 2398 times)
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:56:45 PM

Well, I made my first and only million usd last week.Many friends asked me how I succeeded it.I will try to tell about how I did it.I must accept one thing I was lucky.Not only luck but also had many other charachteristics such as patience, timing and also being decicive and being deciplined.I want to write many things when I have time.I will also try to answer any questions if somebody has.

I am not interested in financially helping others, by and large do not ask for donations.

Here we go.I was a miner.Mining was introduced to be by my ex boyfrind.Well, he was working for an italian banker, we met in Montenegro.I was working for a German Renewable Energy Company.He was always busy with his cell phone, so I was really pissed off.I thought he was cheating on me (later discovered he was engaged Smiley ).He told me he was busy to check his investment and he could prove it.I thought he was going to show me some stock market or derivatives.No he was mining with CPUs and GPUs.

What was he doing?A hacker?He was mining BTC.

I was very much interested in.I had my old ruined desktops.I tried to mine.He helped me a lot to make the first configuration.It was the beginning.
Day 1.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:00:02 PM

What year was this? I'm guessing that if you are talking about mining Bitcoin even on a GPU it was the very early days.
Will check this thread, seems like a very interesting story.

BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:32:28 PM

Year is 2009. Angelo was the false angel.He was telling me dreams, I preferred to believe in him; we were going to live in Roma.We will have a very happy and rich...On 2010's christmas his phones were closed, I could not reach him by any means.I have bombarded his phone my messages, later his phone was oppened but still no answer.A girl called me asked me was I. Smiley Memories.I was shocked.She introduced herself as his fiance, Angelo's voice was at the back, he was continuously apologizing.

Well, I had a Pentium 4 and a Pentium 3.I was mining about 500 BTC in a week.It was not much but it was something.

Montenegro is a European country, but not prosperous as Benelux countries.Honestly, my country was poor and I was earning small amount of money.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:11:09 PM

can you give us a summary or some kind of TLDR of your journey first and then go in details like you are right now with the "day 1" etc?
for example what else did you do apart from mining?
did you just mine and hold to sell now?
or did you mine, and do some more stuff with those coins and multiplied your stash?

There is a FOMO brewing...
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:48:51 PM

Well, I was trying to write it by one by.I started earning money when I gave aup being a miner.I still mine, but just as a hobby.I own a few rigs.No Bitmain miners.

I did not hold every BTC I mined.I bought new mining equipment and asic miners.That was a big BIG MISTAKE.I realised my mistake on 2015.Many lost years.
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:54:08 PM

seems interesting and helpful to others too so what happened next then?
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:59:29 PM

can you give us a summary or some kind of TLDR of your journey first and then go in details like you are right now with the "day 1" etc?
for example what else did you do apart from mining?
did you just mine and hold to sell now?
or did you mine, and do some more stuff with those coins and multiplied your stash?

I have never gambled.I have never entered ponzi schemes.I have sometimes lost my motivation, even lost hopes but never lost my discipline.

I have made very good investment.I have invested on my self.I have educated myself.My begining capital was 400 Euros.That was all I had.My family was an average family in Montenegro but as I have said before GDP was very low at that time.

I was adding every cent to make new rigs to gain more.Later I have bought new asic miners.New miners appeared I have sold them and bought new one.Then this continued on, new miners, more profitable more efficient, more .... miners Smiley.

I gave up my job as an engineer.I do not know coding (still don't), I was not also very smart at cad drawings so I began to work as a dealer.

I got familiar with Metastock, I have bought some books, educated my self.One day I was enlightened.Like Budha, like Newton.Why was I mining?
jpoker272727
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:00:55 PM

Year is 2009. Angelo was the false angel.He was telling me dreams, I preferred to believe in him; we were going to live in Roma.We will have a very happy and rich...On 2010's christmas his phones were closed, I could not reach him by any means.I have bombarded his phone my messages, later his phone was oppened but still no answer.A girl called me asked me was I. Smiley Memories.I was shocked.She introduced herself as his fiance, Angelo's voice was at the back, he was continuously apologizing.

Well, I had a Pentium 4 and a Pentium 3.I was mining about 500 BTC in a week.It was not much but it was something.

Montenegro is a European country, but not prosperous as Benelux countries.Honestly, my country was poor and I was earning small amount of money.

Does this mean that you currently hold 800BTC-850BTC ? If yes then you are very lucky and you risked a lot by holding these bitcoins for almost a decade.

I know that making a good profit through mining is not possible nowadays (unless you have a large mining farm) and I think you may gave up mining, if so what are you doing know to earn bitcoins?

Thank you...
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:11:35 PM

Well, unfortunately not.I have not kept any BTC from 2010.I have spent and transferred all my earnings to mining equipment manufacturers and resellers .I bought asic miners.

The key was trade.Mining was not the correct way to make money.
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:15:25 PM

Does this mean that you currently hold 800BTC-850BTC ? If yes then you are very lucky and you risked a lot by holding these bitcoins for almost a decade.

I know that making a good profit through mining is not possible nowadays (unless you have a large mining farm) and I think you may gave up mining, if so what are you doing know to earn bitcoins?

Thank you...

I own a portfolio.BTC, ETH, DOGE and some other altcoins.I am not only long but also short.I hedge myself.The key is risk and reward comparision and discipline.

My story was my trials with cooling sytems, ventilation systems, swithching among pools to increase luck and continues like this.
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 10:39:55 PM

how you can get one million dollar with early youre capital money only 400 dollar
trading, mining, investment in ponzi site, gambling or what
and how long you can get one million dollar
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:54:56 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 05:59:37 AM by gablay12

I believe every story has two sides.

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 05:02:00 AM

When asic miners appeared I was really happy.It was the more professional way to do mining.At least I have thought it was with the concious I had those days.

I had many Czech friends who were aware of the potential of BTC.They were doing day jobs but sparing nights for BTC related investments.We were consuming lots of beer and pop corn.They were coding and coding....Talking on their projects, discussing to the early lights of day.

I have rented a basement floor.I have tried many things to get rid of excess haet and humidity.It is always easy for a mechanical engineer however when you spend your limited money you think at least twice on every cent you spend.My mining adventure continued till 2015.I have had 30 S4 mines and 5600 USD.

Bitmain's S1,S2,S3,S5,S5+ (S6?), S7,......    All appeared on the scene.

On 2014 I met a Turkish guy at a bar.He was flirting with me.He told me he was really interested in asic miners.I took him to the basement floor that I have rented for my asic miners.He was not affected by it.After the visit we sat down at a cafe and started to the some math on the revenues and costs.

He showed me that the miner manufacturers will always be the winner, well if we are lucky enough we may also have the most efficient models and have some cash, unless we had free electricity.

Was there a free luch?How can electricity be free? I do not want to trouble myself with illegal issues.

Later, when I turned to home, I have opened an excell sheet and wrote down what he did on a paper.I also checked the ROI,Equity IRR, IRR, long term credits...

How can I make some money without going illegal?

I was planning to buy S5 units.S5 units were more efficient but they needed an external PSU.
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 05:18:27 AM

We have chatted on Skype for a few months.I have had some discount coupons.His name was Giray.35 years old man with excellent teeth and charming smile.He was 177 cm and I was 184 cm and with heels 190 cm.He invited me to his city.He insisted on so much that I said why not.The Turkish guy was living in Istanbul.I had never been Istanbul at that time (now I spend at least one third of the year in Istanbul).It was a big city, very crowded.He took me to a big plaza at which he was the bussiness developer of the company.

He told me the most important sentence I have ever heard during a lunch at a kufta restaurant ' flow like a water, do not try to swim against the stream'.I did not fully understand at that time.

He took a 15 day pre-planned holiday and we spent all the time together at his flat. We prepared a presentation for his company about BTC mining with asic miners.Something is changing....

This was the day my chance was turning on.It really did turn on.I was feeling it.I was approaching to my dreams.

I am now in Istanbul, at his same flat.We are packing our cases since we are flying to Serbia today.I will write more later.He insisted on adding some details however I think it is better to write it from my eyes.He also wants to write it his version Smiley
evakka

Activity: 700
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 07:44:57 AM

You should write a novel about your adventures.

It could be a real life love drama story based on crypto currencies.
Potential great success, it will have many audience target groups

Nice, please continue
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:07:07 AM

Will you post his version of this story here? it's interesting to have a different point of view on things. 500 bitcoin is huge nowdays and i'm interested with your journey with 400 euro starting capital.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:30:26 PM

Congratulations, but I expected some trading movements and it turns out you are just one of those lucky early days miners. Mining in 2009 was most likely luck. The people that really understood the importance of bitcoin 2009 were a tiny minority. I wish I could reach 1 million USD... im soo far from that Sad
BTC_ISTANBUL (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:56:35 PM

Congratulations, but I expected some trading movements and it turns out you are just one of those lucky early days miners. Mining in 2009 was most likely luck. The people that really understood the importance of bitcoin 2009 were a tiny minority. I wish I could reach 1 million USD... im soo far from that Sad

Dear cellard, I am one of the early miners, but we did not make a million by holding we have mined so far.Nobody could foresee the BTC' rally those days.

As a matter of fact we are traders.We did not make money by mining and keeping.If we did like that we would have 5000 BTCs each.However a miner can not do that.He has to finance new miners.

I am at the airport, I can not write in details but we have tried many things to have automatic buy-sell systems, autobots, derivatives,etc...At least we found a way.

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 06:08:35 PM

First of all, congratulations.. and yes I can understand the problems miner's faced in the early days and trading became a life now.. a great story to listen, hope to get more from you but about the details in mining..  Grin

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 06:13:38 PM

Congratulations.Now do you mind signing a message from an address to prove that you actually have more than 10 bitcoins ? The story is indeed fascinating.I'm assuming you're a girl from Istanbul ? 
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: