Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:15:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone can test these 6 Pcie slots Ryzen mobos?  (Read 17992 times)
Dawnrider

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:53:54 AM

To answer the OP:

ASROCK AB350 Pro 4 - Craps out after 4 cards. Will POST, but Windows won't complete boot. Tried using M.2 adapters and everything, but it didn't work. Maybe in the future with bios updates.

Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - 5 cards works without any trouble. I have an M.2 SSD in place, so I can't test 6, but I suspect it will work.

ASROCK x370 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 - 7 cards works, 8 won't POST (using M.2 adapters). It's a bit picky about connecting cards - Turn off the power supply when connecting a card; don't just shut the machine down. If it won't boot after adding a card, turn off the switch on the PSU and clear CMOS. That usually fixed it as I added the cards 1 by 1 until I got 7 installed.

The Gigabyte was by far the easiest to get booting and working. If you're looking for a cheap board, it's not a bad choice. The Fatal1ty is nice overall, though. CPU overclocking is far better, the two M.2 slots is nice, the extra mini M.2 for wifi is nice and the sound card is great as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kjs

Activity: 188
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:32:25 AM

The AB350 pro 4 works with 6 GPUs, I have 2 along with a ryzen 7 in both

I confirm this too, tested and working with Ryzen 5 1400.
kjs

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:33:34 AM

To answer the OP:

ASROCK AB350 Pro 4 - Craps out after 4 cards. Will POST, but Windows won't complete boot. Tried using M.2 adapters and everything, but it didn't work. Maybe in the future with bios updates.

I had no issues getting the AB350 Pro 4 to detect and mine with 6 x GPU's running EthOS.
Smasher9a

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 05:35:30 AM

ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 is capping out at 3 GPUs for me under Windows 10... Tried adding 1 card at a time with full power off and CMOS clear between each card but at 4 cards, 1 of them will fail to detect correctly and only 3 or even only 2 will be able to mine. Occasional BSOD with 4 cards, 5 cards is nearly a guaranteed BSOD or a laggy and unusable windows until a BSOD within a minute after booting.

No PCIe options in BIOS, page file increase made no difference and extra ram made no difference.

Was testing with a sata connected SSD and tried multiple clean installs of win 10 with nvidia drivers 368.81, 375.70 and the latest 382.53 with the exact same results.

The 5x V006 PCIe riser boards didn't even power up the GPU's (tried direct 4pin molex and sata to 4pin adapters and even new USB cables) so i suspect that entire batch was faulty but the V007S ones all worked without issue.

Gave up and resorted to SimpleMining (SMOS), first boot with all 5 cards connected and been stable and mining at 130MH/s for 12 hours now with 5x GTX 1070's... Sadly they are only at the stock 26MH/s and not the 29.5MH/s i was able able to push them to in windows as the overclock function in SMOS does not work with the nvidia build.

tldr version, dont get the ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 for windows mining...
metsat8ll

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:00:42 PM

I have the asrock ab350 pro4. it worked perfectly with 6x rx580 in windows10, but will fail to install drivers for 4th card if you're using nvidia gpu-s.
so I can recommend for amd mining, but not for nvidia. maybe in a future bios update..?
mamute

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:14:43 AM

To answer the OP:

I had no issues getting the AB350 Pro 4 to detect and mine with 6 x GPU's running EthOS.

I could not get past 4 cards
Did you change anything at Bios?
If yes, could you tell us what has changed?
I thank you
ylpkm

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:10:23 AM

To answer the OP:

I thank you

I couldnt even get 3, 2 works, 3 fails, and have to start over at 1.
kjs

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:55:18 AM

To answer the OP:

I thank you

Not that I remember, it was quite a while ago that I set the board up though.

It has 5 x GPU's running without issues, and I expect it would do 6 if I had a PSU here to support adding a 6th GPU.
amnote

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:40:34 PM

Asrock AB350 Pro4: I have the same issue with Nvidia cards and Win 10. Got stuck when installing the 5th card. I even purchased the second board thinking the first one had an issue lol.

Much appreciated if someone comes with a solution Grin
Phil21

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 06:31:12 PM

The 5x V006 PCIe riser boards didn't even power up the GPU's (tried direct 4pin molex and sata to 4pin adapters and even new USB cables) so i suspect that entire batch was faulty but the V007S ones all worked without issue.

I actually have a B350-BTC where I'm fairly certain I'm having the same riser issues as you.  Curious where you got your batch of V006 risers from, and where you ordered the working replacements.

I have a new set on the way of 006C's as well to try, but wouldn't mind stocking some known working spares to have on the way just in case.
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 11:02:10 AM

Asrock AB350 Pro4 windows 10 using nvidia cards with ver 006c risers  4 cards work fine add a 5th and windows will not boot...

jhgoodwin

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 27, 2017, 02:30:56 AM

The AB350 pro 4 works with 6 GPUs, I have 2 along with a ryzen 7 in both

How did you make it work? I bought this mainboard and CPU, but it will only see the first GPU. I did not see any option in the BIOS to let me use the other cards for compute only, or enable them in any way.
realtime

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:43:14 PM

Bump, hoping someone can post back about 6 GPU's on this board. Cheers.
hootie

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:53:35 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 01:41:58 AM by hootie

Well I can confirm that 5 gpus  (1060's) on powered risers work in the ab350 pro4 and Windows 10. No bios settings helped but a few of nvidia driver re-installs and trial and error got it going. To outline the process I used and re-did a few times to make sure...

(note: best to start with no drivers installed so clean that up first)
(note2: Windows 10 worked Windows 7 didn't although I didn't try this method as long on Win7)

1. cards in risers for slots 1 and 2
2. boot and install drivers
3. restart.
4. shutdown
5. cards in risers for slots 4 and 5
6. boot and make sure all 4 appear under display adapters with 2 showing warning for needing a restart
7. reboot to make windows will boot with 4 cards recognized.

The last one was tricky and took a few tries to be honest.

8. card in riser in slot 6.
9. during the boot and after the windows logo appears and the bubbles are circling below , unplug the usb from the adapter that is in slot 6 and let it finish booting to windows.
10. look in the device setting again and you should see a 5th entry in display adapters with a warning like in step 6  or a new entry under "other" for a VGA adapter.
11. plug the usb back into the adapter and in device settings "re-scan for changes" and make sure a 5th entry is still under display adapters.
12. restart and you should be good to go with 5...which is better than 4  Cool

Hopefully this all work for someone. It took me 3 iterations of complete driver uninstalls and re-installs to get it to where I could consistently

I can overclock all cards with MSI afterburner and my eth miner has been running for +24 hr at this point.

I might work on getting the 6th card going but that 3rd slot really doesn't seem to want to work.
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:03:22 AM

Well I can confirm that 5 gpus  (1060's) on powered risers work in the ab350 pro4 and Windows 10. No bios settings helped but a few of nvidia driver re-installs and trial and error got it going. To outline the process I used and re-did a few times to make sure...

(note: best to start with no drivers installed so clean that up first)
(note2: Windows 10 worked Windows 7 didn't although I didn't try this method as long on Win7)

1. cards in risers for slots 1 and 2
2. boot and install drivers
3. restart.
4. shutdown
5. cards in risers for slots 4 and 5
6. boot and make sure all 4 appear under display adapters with 2 showing warning for needing a restart
7. reboot to make windows will boot with 4 cards recognized.

The last one was tricky and took a few tries to be honest.

8. card in riser in slot 6.
9. during the boot and after the windows logo appears and the bubbles are circling below , unplug the usb from the adapter that is in slot 6 and let it finish booting to windows.
10. look in the device setting again and you should see a 5th entry in display adapters with a warning like in step 6  or a new entry under "other" for a VGA adapter.
11. plug the usb back into the adapter and in device settings "re-scan for changes" and make sure a 5th entry is still under display adapters.
12. restart and you should be good to go with 5...which is better than 4  Cool

Hopefully this all work for someone. It took me 3 iterations of complete driver uninstalls and re-installs to get it to where I could consistently

I can overclock all cards with MSI afterburner and my eth miner has been running for +24 hr at this point.

I might work on getting the 6th card going but that 3rd slot really doesn't seem to want to work.

Thanks for the update!!!  I will try this when my new risers come in.. Keep us updated if you get that 6th card to work.   

realtime

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:20:14 AM

Update from me, I have been successful with 6x RX570's in this board but I cannot get any version of nvidia drivers to allow 5 (or 6) to boot into Win10Pro.

I believe given this it is 100% a driver issue and possibly just a matter of hitting the right one to get 6 nvidia cards into Windows.
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:30:33 AM

Nvidia update driver,latest from 29.
hootie

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:57:10 PM

Spent a little time trying to get 6x 1060's going but nothing seems to work. Updated to the 6/29 drivers and couldn't even get 5 to go. the 382.53 is what i'm using and 5 work just fine.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:08:44 PM

No need to search for motherboards anymore I guess. Biostar is ready to ship their new TB250 Pro Btc with 12 slots for  GPU-s 1 PCIEX16 3.0 and 11 PCIEX1 are ready. You can buy one from ebay from this link. It's a shame I bought a few months ago 2 TB250 Pro btc with only 6 GPU-s each.

Here is the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Biostar-TB250-BTC-PRO-Ver-6-x-Socket-1151-Motherboard-pre-order-/282549224362?epid=0&hash=item41c93f03aa:g:h6UAAOSwVJhZR6NJ

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 12:28:50 AM

Biostar TB350 BTC, AM4 motherboard has been fairly easy to setup here so far, a pair of rigs running now with 6 GPUs each and we have 3 more being built atm.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: