Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price after ETF 2500$?  (Read 2727 times)
CryptoHobo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 12:49:31 PM

Hello i saw on centrabit app, they wrote article about the ETF.. we will see 2500-3000$ each BTC?
check out here:
http://www.centrabit.io/
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:05:05 PM

Hello i saw on centrabit app, they wrote article about the ETF.. we will see 2500-3000$ each BTC?
check out here:

It is certainly possible. Consider that the ETF would mean that anyone can go to their local bank and buy the COIN shares. It doesn't matter if you are a regular blue collar worker or a wall street shark, or an huge billionaire mogul... as long as you got a bank account im sure they will be willing to buy it for you.

This means massive amounts of money coming in. The marketcap is tiny, so price can go up quickly.

If it doesn't pass, I think the dip will not be that noticeable.
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 01:10:54 PM

2500-3000$ each BTC?

Throwing around arbitrary figures won't get us anywhere.  Numbers of where Bitcoin could go after the ETF are generally based on weak speculation.  Frankly, it could go nearly anywhere.  However, maybe the ETF will result in a rise of Bitcoin but I think that people are viewing this as an event that will just instantly throw Bitcoin into the stars.  

It'll take time and time to build legitimacy.  The volatility of Bitcoin right now based on that event might even stop Bitcoin getting the ETF as it wouldn't be seen as legitimate or reliable.

AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:14:52 PM

I think there will be a huge price spike, followed by extreme volatility, and a correction as it finds its value with all the new institutional investors money coming in. I doubt institutional investors are going to throw all their money into bitcoin, but even a small amount against bitcoins small market cap is going to have a huge affect.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 01:15:36 PM

2500-3000$ each BTC?

Throwing around arbitrary figures won't get us anywhere.  Numbers of where Bitcoin could go after the ETF are generally based on weak speculation.  Frankly, it could go nearly anywhere.  However, maybe the ETF will result in a rise of Bitcoin but I think that people are viewing this as an event that will just instantly throw Bitcoin into the stars. 

It'll take time and time to build legitimacy.  The volatility of Bitcoin right now based on that event might even stop Bitcoin getting the ETF as it wouldn't be seen as legitimate or reliable.

Exactly, anything can happen and I think, any decision would be beneficial for the bitcoin in order to bring more users on the board. In case of decision in favour, there will be more eyeballs to jump in the bitcoin with some purchases and if the decision goes against then we already have thousands of 'waiters' (lolz) who are willing to buy bitcoin below the price levels of $1,000.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:17:01 PM

Don't understand how they have really reached such a conclusion, this is kind of price rigging going on here and this is not what btc was made for, as far the etf is concerned it had yet to get the approval and for all we know this may or may not happen. It could be the work of many factors to get people in buying Bitcoin at ridiculously high prices. And the price is sheer speculations, what if the etf brings loads of restrictions on the Bitcoins. And they start cracking on exchanges, and if we buy the etf don't we loose anomoyous factor and decentralised features will it yet be active? Lots to consider.
AngryDwarf

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 01:20:07 PM

People who buy the bitcoin ETF are not buying bitcoin. They are buying a product aimed at following the price of bitcoin. The ETF will hold the bitcoin, or derivatives based on it.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:06:28 PM

People who buy the bitcoin ETF are not buying bitcoin. They are buying a product aimed at following the price of bitcoin. The ETF will hold the bitcoin, or derivatives based on it.

This is true but it does increase the demand for Bitcoin as investors buy the ETF. I think we will see a price increase if the ETF is approved although most people are saying it is unlikely to be approved.
AngryDwarf

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:39:10 PM

I think basically how it works, is that ETF fund buys X amount of BTC holdings, puts it in cold storage, and sells X amount of ETF shares in an IPO. The fund then trades like a share in the open market.
What ties the value of the ETF to that similar to the price of BTC, is the arbitrages buying and selling the ETF shares and BTC's to maintain a parity in value.

iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:41:51 PM

if this all happens of course will create an economic boom is so strong. especially for those users who use it daily bitcoin. they will gain a huge advantage. they will have the opportunity to buy more goods than ordinary people.
JohnUser

Activity: 1022
Merit: 725

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 02:49:03 PM

check out here:

Warning about this post : centrabit.io jar install a malware, then try to stole your btc, i have to frozen my account but it already buy btc !!

DO NOT INSTALL IT. And please report...
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 02:56:00 PM

Regardless of the ETF, at some point we'll reach +$2000 prices anyway. It's just a tool that will allow institutional investors to come on board to accelerate the the process of reaching such price levels. Don't forget that we also have to fight our way through this whole nonsense block size discussion drama. Once pools start signalling enough support to activate Segwit, we'll start to see a real boost in price, and then say goodbye to sub $1000 for basically a very long time.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:25:25 PM

but when they sell all of their shares they have to buy more bitcoin to back more shares. eventually it will have an effect on the market with coins being removed from it.
JohnUser

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 03:27:04 PM

I don't understand why hero member answer to this scam link that stole all your password and your btc !!!

whats wrong with you ??
Questat

Activity: 2842
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:42:51 PM

check out here:

It is certainly possible. Consider that the ETF would mean that anyone can go to their local bank and buy the COIN shares. It doesn't matter if you are a regular blue collar worker or a wall street shark, or an huge billionaire mogul... as long as you got a bank account im sure they will be willing to buy it for you.

This means massive amounts of money coming in. The marketcap is tiny, so price can go up quickly.

If the ETF is passed, it is possible. Otherwise, next year.

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 03:46:20 PM

I don't understand why hero member answer to this scam link that stole all your password and your btc !!!

whats wrong with you ??
What are you mean about scam link? but after try to get more check it seems like the link will redirect me into the trader bot site.  Huh
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:02:36 PM

check out here:

Never heard of ETFs being for all comers, have always known it to be some investment tool for the institutions and high networth individuals, who are actually the ones to afford the cost of having to buy those shares in bulk.

Don't forget they are not buying Bitcoin direct par se, rather it is the shares of an instrument that tracks Bitcoin that would be on sale. What ETF approval would likely do for Bitcoin is that it is going to tag a sort of endorsement for Bitcoin and then more adoption by wealthy people.
JohnUser

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2017, 04:19:01 PM

whats wrong with you ??
What are you mean about scam link? but after try to get more check it seems like the link will redirect me into the trader bot site.  Huh

If you install "Charting and data visualization solutions for crypto markets, built in 100% pure Java" you will get a malware that will try to find your google account (for F2A) connect to your exchange, buy btc then send it to an address. It bought btc for me but can't withdraw them

So i don't understand why this link is NOT DELETE, every newbie as i did will install it then lost their btc. I have frozen my account because of this f*** java and this f*** link.

Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:45:35 PM

2500-3000$ each BTC?

Throwing around arbitrary figures won't get us anywhere.  Numbers of where Bitcoin could go after the ETF are generally based on weak speculation.  Frankly, it could go nearly anywhere.  However, maybe the ETF will result in a rise of Bitcoin but I think that people are viewing this as an event that will just instantly throw Bitcoin into the stars.  

It'll take time and time to build legitimacy.  The volatility of Bitcoin right now based on that event might even stop Bitcoin getting the ETF as it wouldn't be seen as legitimate or reliable.

yeah too much excitement that might result in disappointment, last time there was this huge news about EFT approval nothing happened to bitcoin, i know this is a bit different because they are launching it but still the news can't have that strong of an impact on the value

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 05:12:30 PM

2500-3000$ each BTC?

yeah too much excitement that might result in disappointment, last time there was this huge news about EFT approval nothing happened to bitcoin, i know this is a bit different because they are launching it but still the news can't have that strong of an impact on the value

I am of course hoping that the ETF will get approved, but if it doesn't, then it's no big deal for me. There is more than just this ETF that people seem to hype up. One thing is sure, everything is pure speculation. It might turn out that even when this ETF doesn't come through, the price won't give a damn. But we can't simply put aside the importance of a potential approval. It will allow professional capital to flow into the market.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: