Bitcoin Forum
October 13, 2024, 11:55:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking C++ Developer for new innovative cryptocurrency project.  (Read 1419 times)
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:26:49 PM

There's tons of coins that only marginally changes something - rewards, hashing algorithms, etc. There's innovative coins that adds things like Proof of Stake, but it does it in their way with flaws. There's cool and innovative but centralized cash ins like Ripple. There's also a spot for a non PoW, non PoS, and non centralization/validators/web of debt/checkpointing coin.

Features
No waiting an indeterminable amount of time for your transaction to confirm.

No "dedicated miners" - mining is incredibly cheap yet spam proof, and there's no reward/incentive/transaction fee because the barrier to mining is a Raspberry Pi.

No transaction fees. You can choose to pay for additional double spend protection.

No centralization of any kind! In fact, it's more decentralized than bitcoin because of the low barrier to entry for mining, and the lack of mining pools.

Cool and fitting name, awesome four letter domain name.. On the scale of "PayPal", not "Bytecoin".

OK - so why is this in services?

We need a fluent C++ developer to implement the changes as a fork to bitcoin. It's not complex and the scope of the change is like PPCoin's, but the actual concept is different.

Would this help bitcoin?

When this is shown to be a better model, Bitcoin can migrate to it after the PoW subsidy drops to zero. Or even now - because you're tired of waiting a hour or sometimes days for bitcoin deposits to confirm, right?

So - contact me if you'd like to help Smiley
LaggedOnUser

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:36:03 PM

Your ideas sound interesting.  However, given your substantial changes to the basic model, you should probably start by having security experts comb over the specification of your changes and look for flaws.  Having all the C++ developers in the world won't help you if your model isn't sound.  Plus, I don't understand all the secrecy.  The project, if it has merit, would probably take off better in an atmosphere of open debate as a public project, IMHO.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰 (OP)
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:43:50 PM

Your ideas sound interesting.  However, given your substantial changes to the basic model, you should probably start by having security experts comb over the specification of your changes and look for flaws.  Having all the C++ developers in the world won't help you if your model isn't sound.  Plus, I don't understand all the secrecy.  The project, if it has merit, would probably take off better in an atmosphere of open debate as a public project, IMHO.
Absolutely. I'm all in for open discussion and review, and this is an open source project. But that comes a bit later.

We're going to have a working proof of concept first (testnet), and then peer review / discussion with something you can actually use. Kinda like publishing your research in a journal - then it gets peer reviewed. Not announcing the exact details before and have some rogue scientist steal the thunder (with some stuff done wrong). That seems likely given the latest "alt coin of a day created in forty minutes".
Stampbit

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:46:00 AM

So you've made a POS/scrypt coin without checkpoints, sounds interesting.
Tekkna

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:38:08 PM

Sounds interesting, I'm a c++ developer, I'm not super-familiar with the bitcoin internals, but I should be able to make any changes needed.

Very interested in the details of how this would work, the length of time it takes to verify traded bitcoins has always been annoying to me.

Not sure how you would do mining but I'm definitely interested, PM me if you haven't found someone already.

BTC: 15Yb897j2Yrbk1GU5Uwwhg5PFBMXeUAmhS  | I sell $5 Amazon Gift Codes | I also build websites

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: