Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:35:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Seasteading  (Read 26828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 15, 2020, 11:44:53 PM

badecker

i know he said he hasnt decided yet. and that the friggen point..
before thi he was saying how he has a prototype and a 3rd scale model and the 3d renders ready to print

which if all was true then such renders would already include a drain or a chimney..
so yea im pointing out by him not deciding how to treat the sewerage then he is no where near production

if you read my rebuttles all the way back to the start of this topic you will see that it has been the same thing over and over again
elwar saying they ready to build and read to launch. but then comes back later saying some excuse why they havnt.

even just the most simplist of questions about sewerage treatment seems to get missed by someone that calls himself and appears to have self appointed the title of COO

maybe if you done some research about a few things and maybe start seeing flaws in peoples plans. you would question them and either help them if you feel they are on a good moral path and deserve help. or remain critical of them if they seem too interested in the investment money and free vacations more so than the project itself.
and in this case elwar doesnt seem to be the right person for the COO so i already told him who should be more involved

on other things i have seen people on the right path and have the right desires and interests and i have helped them out.

lets just wait for elwar scenario to play out
the typical 'no this was not my project i was just a volunteer'

Lol.

Next time you are at the bank, and 5 bank robbers with guns come in and say, "Get down on the floor or we will open fire," don't believe them. There are a whole bunch of reasons why they can't or won't open fire. Just go on with your business as though everything is normal, and nothing out of the ordinary is happening. If you happen live, you can write it up in the forum where their flaws were in their thinking.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
March 16, 2020, 12:48:24 AM

follow your own advice. and i cant wait to not hear from you again

but until then. im just waiting for you to go full cultist and say stupid things like the typical script of
'my birth certified name is a state construct/corporation given by government'

of something stupidly similar.. then i know 100% you have fallen deep into the cult

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2020, 01:41:37 AM

follow your own advice. and i cant wait to not hear from you again

but until then. im just waiting for you to go full cultist and say stupid things like the typical script of
'my birth certified name is a state construct/corporation given by government'

of something stupidly similar.. then i know 100% you have fallen deep into the cult

Congratulations! You got away from the bank robbers. I bet you convinced them that there were bigger and better profits working with Elwar on Seasteading in Panama.

Grin

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2020, 09:00:39 PM

Hey, Elwar. Is CV in Panama interrupting anything in your Seasteading business?

Elwar?

Are you there Elwar?

Do you think CV got him?

Cool

Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2020, 10:28:19 PM

Elwar?

Are you there Elwar?

Do you think CV got him?

Cool

CV is making things a little difficult here in Panama but we started preparing for it ahead of time.

We pour our concrete floor this Saturday so we will be waiting on that for a month anyway so we can let the workers have their breaks and stay home as Panama is recommending. Not sure if they'll allow the pour though. Should have done it yesterday.
I have a video update here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Mz9bqVhS4

Had to send 2 Americans home yesterday before they close the airports tomorrow.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2020, 12:13:04 AM

Elwar?

Are you there Elwar?

Do you think CV got him?

Cool

CV is making things a little difficult here in Panama but we started preparing for it ahead of time.

We pour our concrete floor this Saturday so we will be waiting on that for a month anyway so we can let the workers have their breaks and stay home as Panama is recommending. Not sure if they'll allow the pour though. Should have done it yesterday.
I have a video update here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Mz9bqVhS4

Had to send 2 Americans home yesterday before they close the airports tomorrow.

Thanks, Elwar.     Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2020, 12:05:40 AM
Merited by Elwar (1)

So, Thailand finally is shown to be the country of slavery that it really is.

THE FIRST SEASTEADERS 8: “Today is D-Day for The Thai Navy”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYgy88-HI8I

Cool

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 05:16:09 AM

gotta have a chuckle.
now elwar is back to saying that the thai pod was part of seasteading

a. seasteading.
b. no just a project where i was invited as a guest to stay in a pod for aerospace projects. not seastead
c. its a ocean builders seastead project
d. no dont confuse the projects its a previous unrelated project
e. no its a ocean builders seastead project

funny really. a project manager that lies about his projects or doesnt even know what his projects are

so fact check time. was it a pod designed for a project related to aerospace or seasteading.
elwar no more flip flopping. just find one narrative and stick with it.. which is it

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2020, 05:58:12 AM

gotta have a chuckle.

a. seasteading.
b. no just a project where i was invited as a guest to stay in a pod for aerospace projects. not seastead

funny really. a project manager that lies about his projects or doesnt even know what his projects are

so fact check time. was it a pod designed for a project related to aerospace or seasteading.
elwar no more flip flopping. just find one narrative and stick with it.. which is it

Hey Franky, send me a link to the documentary about you. Oh right there isn't one because you are an inconsequential twat.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 11:03:08 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2020, 11:23:30 AM by franky1

Hey Franky, send me a link to the documentary about you. Oh right there isn't one because you are an inconsequential twat.

i do well with my business/income. i just don't need to suck up to people to try plying money out of them pretending things are X when they are actually Y. so i dont need to advertise myself

just because he has a face on youtube does not mean people should just blindly throw money at him.
years ago he asked for millions.. to buy a boat.. turned out that the boat only had a few dozen bedrooms meaning the amount of people he seeked investment from wouldnt even get a room for a single night. yet promised sanctuary and new citizenship. oh yea the boat was actually later said to be a HQ for the project to have meetings on. .. they could have hired an office for thousands, not millions.. which shows their money management lacks many things.

but yea pretending the thai seapod was 100% a seastead project. then backtrack it was not and they just guests on a aerospace project.. then now in latest video back to saying it was a 'ocean builders' project.
it makes me laugh
.. especially how elwar told me to not mix up the projects and treat them as separate projects.. but he himself is mixing them together.
yea i know when things go wrong elwar wants to step away from a project to avoid the consequences of that failure.. but he is very quick to just repeat the same scheme again. as if he hasnt learned from the last one

personally i am all for making new homes and even new communities.. but when scammers want to charge $10k for just a week share. just shows the greed
yes his latest project is for vacation homes for the rich. to try driving up tourism of a certain area. but when he whispers the whole 'independent state' of no laws/freedom.. he keeps leaping in and out of things that cant be offered. .. seems even he cant find and stick to the niche, and is just trying to grab as much scope as possible by promising many things to many communities

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2020, 03:08:04 PM

gotta have a chuckle.

a. seasteading.

Of course, F-1 takes so many things out of context, that he really contradicts himself all the time. But that isn't the important part. The thing that is important is that people are catching on to this. And when they catch on, they go back to check what the truth is.

F-1 is actually advertising for other people, through the things he says against them. And when I point this out, I am actually advertising for franky1 to do more of his advertising in favor of the things he is against, as he is doing all the time anyway.

F-1 almost can't hold himself back. He just has to get out there and advertise for his opponents... all the time. Don't we just love it? Cheesy Now he is coming right out and saying "fact check," so you find out for yourself how goofy he is.

So, I am a little puzzled. He is smart enough to bring up all kinds of points. And he is a bit organized in his using of them against other people. And he knows (way down deep) that people will see through him. Is he really against the stuff he talks like he is in favor of? Or is he really, knowingly covertly supporting the things he seems to be against? Or is he simply mixed-up funny farm material?

Cool

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2020, 10:23:04 PM

He is smart enough to bring up all kinds of points. And he is a bit organized in his using of them against other people. And he knows (way down deep) that people will see through him. Is he really against the stuff he talks like he is in favor of? Or is he really, knowingly covertly supporting the things he seems to be against? Or is he simply mixed-up funny farm material?

He really isn't that smart. Don't mistake a trained parrot for a linguist.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 02:45:49 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2020, 02:58:01 AM by franky1

dont mistake a grammar nazi(linguist) for a smart person. if the only rebuttal they can make is the linguistic usage of words. but fail to rebuttal the context of the message, then they already lost.

in business having a working prototype is crucial because you have atleast learned the manufacturing process. practised it. trained a team up. worked out basic costs and found all the pitfuls of regulation and building standard requirements.

selling a graphic design model and selling it for $10k a week before you have even made a single thing.. well thats just bad business.
its like selling a new KFC recipe before even bothering to know which herbs work best together or what cooking process/temperature cook it best. just having a image of chicken wont sell many meals

i have questioned elwar many times about how utility supply and sewerage treatment would be handled on all his 'projects' these are things that are normally planned in even at the graphic design stage. you know working out the dimensions of the pod to make sure everything fits and is accessible and ofcourse maintainable.

gotta love one of his responses to just dump the sewerage in the water
imagine it couple paying $10k for what they hope is a paradise vacation in clear exotic waters
'hey babe lets jump off the deck and dive into the water...'
'best not honey leave it a few hours i just flushed the toilet, that curry last night played hell on my bowels'

its the little things like understanding the niche he set himself in of $10k a week. and not understanding the experience that those type of people would expect.
i definetly wouldnt go to las vegas penthouse and want to see a turd in the pool. nor would i want to have to drain out my waste into a large container carry it to reception to dispose of

take for instance 3D printing the outer shell. what he doesnt realise is by not using panels. maintenance will be a kick in the teeth. its like making a new road surface. it looks pretty when new. but when you have to then rip it apart to get to the pipes underneath its a pain.
imagine storm damage, having to take the whole shell off and replacing it.

i can pick many more faults and things elwar has missed. but i dont want to give him idea's i just wanna see if he learns the hard way. or keeps tripping up on himself

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 08:12:14 PM

dont mistake a grammar nazi(linguist) for a smart person. if the only rebuttal they can make is the linguistic usage of words. but fail to rebuttal the context of the message, then they already lost.

in business having a working prototype is crucial because you have atleast learned the manufacturing process. practised it. trained a team up. worked out basic costs and found all the pitfuls of regulation and building standard requirements.

selling a graphic design model and selling it for $10k a week before you have even made a single thing.. well thats just bad business.
its like selling a new KFC recipe before even bothering to know which herbs work best together or what cooking process/temperature cook it best. just having a image of chicken wont sell many meals

i have questioned elwar many times about how utility supply and sewerage treatment would be handled on all his 'projects' these are things that are normally planned in even at the graphic design stage. you know working out the dimensions of the pod to make sure everything fits and is accessible and ofcourse maintainable.

gotta love one of his responses to just dump the sewerage in the water
imagine it couple paying $10k for what they hope is a paradise vacation in clear exotic waters
'hey babe lets jump off the deck and dive into the water...'
'best not honey leave it a few hours i just flushed the toilet, that curry last night played hell on my bowels'

its the little things like understanding the niche he set himself in of $10k a week. and not understanding the experience that those type of people would expect.
i definetly wouldnt go to las vegas penthouse and want to see a turd in the pool. nor would i want to have to drain out my waste into a large container carry it to reception to dispose of

take for instance 3D printing the outer shell. what he doesnt realise is by not using panels. maintenance will be a kick in the teeth. its like making a new road surface. it looks pretty when new. but when you have to then rip it apart to get to the pipes underneath its a pain.
imagine storm damage, having to take the whole shell off and replacing it.

i can pick many more faults and things elwar has missed. but i dont want to give him idea's i just wanna see if he learns the hard way. or keeps tripping up on himself

Just because you tried it and failed, doesn't mean you always have to badmouth others who are succeeding.

You don't understand, do you, that a little sewage around the seastead, will attract all kinds of colorful fish that you can video for making money on Youtube, do you. Cheesy

Cool

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2020, 10:26:53 PM

whats that. is it a fish, is it a squid. nope its a turd

by the way. turds do not attract fish.. its why you dont see fish in dirty sewerage rivers

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 03:25:42 PM

whats that. is it a fish, is it a squid. nope its a turd

by the way. turds do not attract fish.. its why you dont see fish in dirty sewerage rivers

You asked Elwar a question about sewage. He answered you with the stuff that is used on boats already... standard methods of taking care of it.

You seemed to ignore what he said, and went right into condemning him for not checking into how to handle the sewage. So, he repeated his answer about boat sewage in more detail, and added a few of his own ideas.

You ignored his answer again, so he stopped talking to you, because you are simply an ignoramus... as shown by the way you ignore things.

Cool

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 05:32:18 PM

elwar didnt anwer it. he gave a bullet point list of possibilities
he even said (future tense) how they would probably buy off the shelf stuff

by not even making a decision nor having the actual 'off the shelf' item in their possession doesnt help with them designing an end product to fit around it.
also (future tense) is to have experts

so again. no plan. no prep. no answers. but just a big $10k a week pricetag
his 10 years in the sector and he cant even pick a toilet.
funny that
lets hope he doesnt build a brick house on land. or it will take 15 years just to decide on the kitchen tiles. and yet will be trying to sell the house before even laying the bricks

EG
Excellent, it looks like we all want to talk about toilets on boats.

Here are just a few of the options:
Composting toilet
Marine toilet
Incinerating toilet
Anaerobic digester
Urine diverting toilet

While this is all fascinating stuff, our goal is to have experts in each field focus on these things for us. We will likely buy off the shelf products for our first few models as we use what works as much as possible due to the amount of custom engineering needed for everything else.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 09:50:07 PM

elwar didnt anwer it. he gave a bullet point list of possibilities
he even said (future tense) how they would probably buy off the shelf stuff

by not even making a decision nor having the actual 'off the shelf' item in their possession doesnt help with them designing an end product to fit around it.
also (future tense) is to have experts

so again. no plan. no prep. no answers. but just a big $10k a week pricetag
his 10 years in the sector and he cant even pick a toilet.
funny that
lets hope he doesnt build a brick house on land. or it will take 15 years just to decide on the kitchen tiles. and yet will be trying to sell the house before even laying the bricks

EG
Excellent, it looks like we all want to talk about toilets on boats.

Here are just a few of the options:
Composting toilet
Marine toilet
Incinerating toilet
Anaerobic digester
Urine diverting toilet

While this is all fascinating stuff, our goal is to have experts in each field focus on these things for us. We will likely buy off the shelf products for our first few models as we use what works as much as possible due to the amount of custom engineering needed for everything else.

Well, what's he supposed to say? I mean, if he is going to walk 20 feet to the door, is he supposed to measure his feet and express exactly the places where his feet will land on the floor... express it in thousandths of a millimeter?

Can't you get it through your head that their plans aren't finalized? Can't you even see that there are loads of options out there? Is it too difficult for you to even understand that his last paragraph says that they will be attempting to revolutionize the industry, but that to start with... "We will likely buy off the shelf products for our first few models..."

Don't you even realize that when he talks about "off the shelf" products, that it doesn't mean he will mount your toilet on a shelf where it might fall off?

Do you have a crystal ball that predicts any future? Why do you pick on Elwar because he doesn't. Get a grip, man (Sorry about that if you are a woman. I mean, REALLY sorry about it if you are a woman.).

Can't you even see that they are working on the project? How do you know that he doesn't have a few samples from a bunch of different companies sitting around? But if he doesn't, their catalogs that have descriptions are easily enough to start with. Do you think he never considered these?

If somebody wants to plunk down a little money without getting any details about what he is buying, isn't it up to that person? If you have to get a turd-counting toilet before you plunk some money down, don't plunk it down until you get what you want. All you are planning to do, anyway, is throw your money down the toilet, right? If you don't like it, don't do it... ah, unless you really want to.

Don't you see that all you are trying to do is take a bunch of people's freedom away, and then blame Elwar for it?

Are we having fun yet? Cheesy

Cool

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2020, 11:32:35 PM

point is. its like building a house
architects actually design the house by knowing the plumbing arrangements and fitting the room space round it

work out wall cavity space and size of rooms and stuff

its the basics like will it be a combined toilet and shower room, would it have a bath. will there be enough room to dry off without kneeing the toilet when you get out the shower
 is it going to be a toilet that pipes out to a separate container or would it be a 'portapotty' that just rolls in and out of the bathroom each time it needs to be emptied

its not just these details needed to design the layout. its also considering the guest experience.
EG
incinerator based sewerage treatment
'hey honey have you burned the toast..
.no dear thats just my turd on the smoker. doesnt it smell pleasant'

you do know that when realters make new homes they do a show home. and then people buy new builds based on the show home
you do know manufacturers make a prototype and then (AFTER) people invest into the company/buy the product

heck even people doing kick starters know to atleast make a prototype and show it works before asking to mega money.
heck asking for timeshare income before they even know the basics.. now thats just very bad/shady business.
especially when he didnt even have the 'experts' hired yet

but it is funny how elwar cannot even make a definitive decision. even after 10 years of time in his supposed 'R&D' exploits of seeking funding for projects

as i said ages ago.
maybe ocean builders might find someone with experience and actual project managing knowhow. but it sure as hell aint elwar. he is a money and waste it kid of guy. loves going on vacation and try getting it as a tax writeoff by calling it R&D yet never shows results

im all for a proper seastead project but elwar just isnt really appearing to be the guy that should be involved. is actual history has done him no favours

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2020, 01:14:17 AM

point is. its like building a house
architects actually design the house by knowing the plumbing arrangements and fitting the room space round it

work out wall cavity space and size of rooms and stuff

its the basics like will it be a combined toilet and shower room, would it have a bath. will there be enough room to dry off without kneeing the toilet when you get out the shower
 is it going to be a toilet that pipes out to a separate container or would it be a 'portapotty' that just rolls in and out of the bathroom each time it needs to be emptied

its not just these details needed to design the layout. its also considering the guest experience.
EG
incinerator based sewerage treatment
'hey honey have you burned the toast..
.no dear thats just my turd on the smoker. doesnt it smell pleasant'

you do know that when realters make new homes they do a show home. and then people buy new builds based on the show home
you do know manufacturers make a prototype and then (AFTER) people invest into the company/buy the product

heck even people doing kick starters know to atleast make a prototype and show it works before asking to mega money.
heck asking for timeshare income before they even know the basics.. now thats just very bad/shady business.
especially when he didnt even have the 'experts' hired yet

but it is funny how elwar cannot even make a definitive decision. even after 10 years of time in his supposed 'R&D' exploits of seeking funding for projects

as i said ages ago.
maybe ocean builders might find someone with experience and actual project managing knowhow. but it sure as hell aint elwar. he is a money and waste it kid of guy. loves going on vacation and try getting it as a tax writeoff by calling it R&D yet never shows results

im all for a proper seastead project but elwar just isnt really appearing to be the guy that should be involved. is actual history has done him no favours

The point is that it isn't like building a house. Building a seastead doesn't have anything to do with this thread. That's not what this thread is for, nor any of the others that Elwar posts in.

You might find a thread in this forum somewhere, where a draftsman actually designed a house for someone in detail. But I doubt it. And such isn't what Elwar was doing. All he was doing was answering some general questions, and giving folks some general ideas.

Elwar is probably the best guy for seasteading. He's approximately the only person along with Nadia to have ever done it out in the ocean. If there are others, they are very few. Elwar's experience is beyond just about anybody else.

Then, when you consider that he and Nadia gave the whole Thai nation the slip, I'd say that their practical life experience is far beyond most. He says it; he does it. He has proven it, even in the face of danger.

If you and I want to go out and by new cars, you would absolutely select a different dealership than I would. But badmouthing a dealer (rather than the car) who is showing you his line of cars, is ridiculous. That's all that Elwar is doing... showing you his line of seasteads that he is starting to design.

But there you go badmouthing him every chance you get because he doesn't have his designs completed for you, yet.

If you are really like this in real life, no wonder the UK is going down the tubes. Stay over there. We don't need any garbage like you over here... even if you ARE right about Elwar being some kind of crook.

I'll give you one big piece of credit, though. You have your way set, and you stick to it. You maintain your honor and integrity, even though it is rooted in almost pure, unadulterated garbage. Somebody else would have drowned long ago, trying to maintain garbage like yours.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: