Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:15:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BUYING] Your Alitin Mint Coins  (Read 1364 times)
FFrankie (OP)

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:27:34 AM

Please PM me your asking price, if you do not like my answer, I believe Blazed and AT101ET are also looking for some

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 01:46:04 PM

Please PM me your asking price, if you do not like my answer, I believe Blazed and AT101ET are also looking for some
There is a possibility they will catch the thief.  It is a very stupid crime.  There is a very small finite group of people that ever had access to the lists of private keys.  The thief is one of those people.  Since there is such a small group of possible suspects there is a chance the thief will be caught.

They will seize all of the thief's assets so even if he sold the BTC there is a chance we might get paid back.

Of course, I am not holding my breath waiting for this to happen.

But in the mean time I am suggesting that any claim on any of the recovered funds will probably involve proving you have the swept or accidentally unfunded coin.

So my suggestion is to keep your coins and do not sell them to all of these people saying they want to buy the silver unless you are aware that you may not be able to make a future claim - the buyer will get any future claim.

Seller beware.  Just a thought.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
hybridsole

Activity: 943
Merit: 783

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 02:48:12 PM

I have a 2 oz. Adam Smith that was funded until yesterday when I cracked open the slab to redeem.  It's still in mint condition as it was removed with care and immediately put into an airtight.  Those who know me know that I'm not usually one to sell coins, but I will entertain all offers on here or via PM. 
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 02:52:01 PM

I have a 2 oz. Adam Smith that was funded until yesterday when I cracked open the slab to redeem.  It's still in mint condition as it was removed with care and immediately put into an airtight.  Those who know me know that I'm not usually one to sell coins, but I will entertain all offers on here or via PM. 

I'll start it off at 0.15BTC for an unfunded, cracked open, and non-scam related Adam Smith.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 04:11:11 PM

I'll start it off at 0.15BTC for an unfunded, cracked open, and non-scam related Adam Smith.

I think the idea of these purchases, partially, is to develop a market for the coins that were swept as part of the scam.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:20:50 PM

I have a 2 oz. Adam Smith that was funded until yesterday when I cracked open the slab to redeem.  It's still in mint condition as it was removed with care and immediately put into an airtight.  Those who know me know that I'm not usually one to sell coins, but I will entertain all offers on here or via PM.  

I think the idea of these purchases, partially, is to develop a market for the coins that were swept as part of the scam.

Yeah, I hear ya. I was thinking of people who might decide to redeem their coins since the maker cannot be trusted. I think people who were scammed should hold onto their coins for now to give time for a potential resolution to be reached - just my two satoshis.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:53:57 PM

Yeah, I hear ya. I was thinking of people who might decide to redeem their coins since the maker cannot be trusted. I think people who were scammed should hold onto their coins for now to give time for a potential resolution to be reached - just my two satoshis.

I agree Pistachio, IMO the coins should be held onto for the time being.  After a resolution is reached I'd be interested to see what people are selling them for and may be looking to pick one up that's unloaded.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 05:03:55 PM

There are many classes of unloaded coins:

Coins that were sold unloaded and never got loaded.   OK to buy/sell.  Should never be loaded.

Coins that should have been loaded but Alitin failed to load them.  Owner needs to keep this for a claim.

Coins unloaded by the thief.  Owner needs to keep this for a claim.

Coins unloaded by the owner because they have lost faith.  OK to buy/sell.  Should never be re-loaded.

Etc.

Also an owner of a swept coin could theoretically sell the coin to someone because they don't want to wait for the claim or do not want to go through the claim process.  In this case they are selling the coin and any right to any possible future claim.  As long as both parties know that is what is being bought and sold that should also work.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
zanzibar

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:15:13 PM

If anyone has any Adams that aren't compromised or Joanne coins still intact I would be interested.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 05:27:36 AM

If anyone has any Adams that aren't compromised or Joanne coins still intact I would be interested.
If anyone has Adams that are not compromised then my advise is to redeem the coins yourself ASAP -- a couple of days in the mail is probably longer then is safe to wait to redeem.
sardokan

Activity: 10
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 07:47:35 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2021, 10:26:25 AM by sardokan

FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:53:12 AM

what would be your price for those uncompromised coins ?

I think that owners of the coins that want to sell should just auction them
sardokan

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:15:49 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2021, 10:25:52 AM by sardokan

FFrankie (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:38:24 PM

I think that I have one and might hear an offer. just to know how taste the water Wink

Spot price+$20+escrow and I'll pay for shipping
zanzibar

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:19:20 PM

If anyone has Adams that are not compromised then my advise is to redeem the coins yourself ASAP -- a couple of days in the mail is probably longer then is safe to wait to redeem.

I will pay 2.3 for any coins not compromised, so it's better than just cracking them
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 04:40:24 PM

I will pay 2.3 for any coins not compromised, so it's better than just cracking them
So you are assuming there will not be another round of sweeps?  As far as I know the attack vector used in the security breach has not been determined yet.  The person responsible has not been determined.  Risky.

BTW: I personally believe that the thief probably did sweep all of the private keys they had on the day of the sweep and there will be no more sweeps.  However I am not willing to bet over $2000 on that feeling.  You are braver than I.

zanzibar

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:59:48 PM

So you are assuming there will not be another round of sweeps?  As far as I know the attack vector used in the security breach has not been determined yet.  The person responsible has not been determined.  Risky.

BTW: I personally believe that the thief probably did sweep all of the private keys they had on the day of the sweep and there will be no more sweeps.  However I am not willing to bet over $2000 on that feeling.  You are braver than I.

I believe the theft took place on a specific # of coins, probably Alitin's biggest clue as to who swept the coins. I really like these coins, although the resale market is certainly crap. I would just like one for my personal collection.
sardokan

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 05:48:35 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2021, 10:25:32 AM by sardokan

zanzibar

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 06:05:18 PM

It's a risk. but I won't break the box. I'll be one of the owners of the lasts light saber still in packaging.  Grin

I did not understand spot price + 20% offer. the coin is loaded. what spot price ?

Silver spot price, for the coins that have been swept.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 06:39:06 PM

It's a risk. but I won't break the box. I'll be one of the owners of the lasts light saber still in packaging.  Grin

I did not understand spot price + 20% offer. the coin is loaded. what spot price ?

His offer was quite low, spot price (2oz coin ~$40) + $20 + shipping ($5-10) = ~$70 shipped

I'd think 0.1BTC over spot would be more acceptable but that's me.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: