Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:38:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jihan Wu crashes the Bitcoin price  (Read 5230 times)
pereira4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:43:33 AM

Mining mogul Jihan Wu single-handedly crashes the Bitcoin price by supporting BUcoin.

Dumb low IQ Roger Vermin and the rest of delusional BUcoiners celebrate that Antpool mined some BUcoin blocks. Just hours later, the price crashes into oblivion.

The Powers That Be failed to hack bitcoin, but they might as well kill it by good ol "divide and conquer".

Good job, Jihan, now you'll soon be emperor of a worthless token.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:46:54 AM

Mining mogul Jihan Wu single-handedly crashes the Bitcoin price by supporting BUcoin.

Dumb low IQ Roger Vermin and the rest of delusional BUcoiners celebrate that Antpool mined some BUcoin blocks. Just hours later, the price crashes into oblivion.

The Powers That Be failed to hack bitcoin, but they might as well kill it by good ol "divide and conquer".

Jihan is obviously a cancer for bitcoin, the problem is, how to get rid of it without killing the entire project in the process.

I still don't understand UASF, since the node count can be easily gamed. What else can be done?
lurker10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:55:06 AM

If you believe that, how in the world is Bitcoin decentralized when one person can crash the price?
Is China really in control?

Of course this is nonsense that Jihan Wu crashed the price. A few weak hands sold off, good riddance! These weak hands don't understand Bitcoin anyway.

Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:01:00 PM

I am glad he's done with Bitcoins, his ideology is really messed up and I don't think Bitcoin will have a great impact because of him, look at his tweet and then he says he will continue to mine empty blocks. Like what in the world would a sane person do it, I agree him supporting the bu is a setback but I feel Bitcoin is strong enough to move on and I am sure the community will find some solution to this, but I feel overall it's a good riddance, such people with such ideologies do not deserve a part of the Bitcoin community.
davis196

Activity: 3010
Merit: 918

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:01:21 PM

I`m pretty sure that most of the miners don`t care about bitcoin,they care only about their profits.
If they can make more profits with some shitty altcoin,i`m sure that they would leave bitcoin immediately.
The "divide and conquer" strategy won`t work against bitcoin.

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:04:29 PM

You Poor little Segwit Shrill,

The Fact BTU is going to finish off the last of segwit too much for you.

Go get some therapy and grow up.  Cheesy

Cool

FYI:
BTC Price is still above $1200 , so I don't know why you are crying like a little bitch.
More Fake Propaganda from you segwit whiners.
lurker10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:05:22 PM

I`m pretty sure that most of the miners don`t care about bitcoin,they care only about their profits.
If they can make more profits with some shitty altcoin,i`m sure that they would leave bitcoin immediately.

Proof-of-work: miners' interests are not aligned with interests of users. They are two different groups of people.

Proof-of-stake: users hold tokens and secure the network with the staking power of tokens. They are the same people.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:05:42 PM

Wow bitcoin price really did go down. I just opened my bitcointalk.org account and I had come by into this topic then after reading I checked my wallet address and the equivalent in dollars. It has dropped down by almost 40 dollars. Hope bitcoins price will increase again and hope those bad news will stop coming in. But 40 dollars is not that huge and so there is no need to panic.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:08:19 PM

UASF is a hard BILATERAL SPLIT
there is no real thing of "user activated soft fork", thats just buzzwording games

in short
soft=pools only
hard= NODES then pools
save repeating myself:
below these umbrella terms is what could happen.. in both hard and soft it can either continue as one chain. or bilateral split
softfork: consensus - >94% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: small 5% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced and dead
softfork: controversial - >50% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: long big% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced and dead
softfork: bilateral split - intentionally ignoring/banning opposing rules and not including them. result: 2 chains

hardfork: consensus - >94% nodes, then >94% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: 5% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced / dead
hardfork: controversial - >50% nodes, then >50% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: big% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced / dead
hardfork: bilateral split - intentionally ignoring/banning opposing rules and not including them. result: 2 chains

yep even in a pool only vote, bilateral splits can happen.

do not take one "teams" fake rhetoric of softs best case scenario and hards worse case scenario.. as thats just the 'brush it under the carpet' gameplay

real funny thing is blockstream know Soft consensus failed them
but instead of doing the next best thing. a hard CONSENSUS.. they are wanting to jump straight to the thing they prtended going soft would avoid.. going for hard bilateral split.

shows how desperate they are..

just remember one thing. segwit RULES do not fix the network.
people can just avoid using segwit priv/pub keys and continue using native priv/pub keys and still do sigop quadratic spamming and malleation. even if segwit was activated as a soft consensus, soft bilateral, hard consensus hard bilateral.

in short segwit is an empty gesture that will never meet its promise.

the desperate moves by blockstream to go full 'wetard' and jump straight to hard bilateral rather then give in and do what the community want(hard consensus).
and the desperation of gmaxwell to beg the community to go bilateral.
What you are describing is what I and others call a bilateral hardfork-- where both sides reject the other.

I tried to convince the authors of BIP101 to make their proposal bilateral by requiring the sign bit be set in the version in their blocks (existing nodes require it to be unset). Sadly, the proposals authors were aggressively against this.

The ethereum hardfork was bilateral, probably the only thing they did right--
along with his sheep script readers desparately trying to make it sound like its not blockstream that want bilateral splits... reveals that blockstream want be be centralist controllers rathr then going hard consensus and just being on the same playing field as non blockstream implementations

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:13:09 PM

I still don't understand UASF, since the node count can be easily gamed. What else can be done?

Run a custom Bitcoin client that refuses to relay blocks that don't support Segwit.

Not playing with these people, I would be perfectly happy to kill Antminer, Antpool and any others who want to treat the activation mechanism as a political tool.

Vires in numeris
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:15:11 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2017, 12:36:27 PM by franky1

Run a custom Bitcoin client that refuses to relay blocks that don't support Segwit.

Not playing with these people, I would be perfectly happy to kill Antminer, Antpool and any others who want to treat the activation mechanism as a political tool.

WAKE UP
it was blockstream that bypassed user consent by going soft!!!
now they want super hard bilateral.
again avoiding safe hard consensus which is what the general community want

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:17:22 PM

Note that BU big blockers have started to palpably shit themselves about my suggestion.

I suggest we do it, Jihan Who can go into the paperweight business instead

Vires in numeris
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:20:09 PM

If anyone Bothers to look at the Markets the Sell Off is happening across Multiple Coins, not only BTC

The 1 Constant is the Other market is the CNY pairing, so the Chinese are cashing out of almost everything.
Except if you look at the LTC/CNY Markets, the Chinese are buying up LTC.

Coordinated sell off attack from the looks of it.  Wink

Cool
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:21:53 PM

Don't cry kiklo Grin

It's time to create the SegWilful client Smiley

Vires in numeris
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:22:13 PM

Note that BU big blockers have started to palpably shit themselves about my suggestion.

I suggest we do it, Jihan Who can go into the paperweight business instead

You are a Dumb Ass,

Segwit has less than 30% , they can't do shit and your lying ass knows it.

Cool

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:23:17 PM

Don't cry kiklo Grin

It's time to create the SegWilful client Smiley

BTC could drop to 1 Penny, would not faze me.

Bet you can't say that.

Cool

FYI:
Moved the Bulk of my funds to US $, right after Trump got elected.   Smiley
Karpeles
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:26:30 PM

Into oblivion?

Less than $100, I've seen worse.

We lost the ATH and BTC being higher than gold, but not a total collapse because they are in sight
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 12:28:26 PM

Why blame miners alone?even we the bitcoin users are more concerned about its price.
What reason do you have to justify mass storing or holding of bitcoin?
We need services and goods that can be bought with bitcoin, jobs that are paid with bitcoin but volatile price of bitcoin prevent its growth.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:34:10 PM

Wu have been supporting BU from the start and now the crash in price create a panic among the users. Now once again a sudden increase in circulation happens causing delay in transaction confirmation with the increased traffic on the selling. Right now nothing can be done as the segwit has gained around 30% support from the miners.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 12:48:29 PM

Wu have been supporting BU from the start and now the crash in price create a panic among the users. Now once again a sudden increase in circulation happens causing delay in transaction confirmation with the increased traffic on the selling. Right now nothing can be done as the segwit has gained around 30% support from the miners.

"Officially" getting Antpool definitely scores for BU, but if it has been always clear communicated positions this rage-dump should be short tempered and short lasting in result. Markets allready back on a rise again.
Hashrate did not even react.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: