Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My proposal for AllinVain's theft.  (Read 5767 times)
Anonymous

June 17, 2011, 03:25:42 AM

Alright, gentlemen, you want to see AllinVain with his money back, heh? Well, this desire can be easily fulfilled. Not through the devalution of everybody's Bitcoins or compromising it's decentralization. Absolutely not. Actually it's very simple:

You donate to him all of his money back. You really want to see him have his 25K back?

Again, donate to him.

You're welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tawsix

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

I have always been afraid of banks.

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:27:53 AM

Here's a solution: learn from it, and protect your damn wallet.

Anonymous

June 17, 2011, 03:32:12 AM

*crickets*

Well, it seems you don't really want to see him with his money back after all. However, I guess it's completely fine if it's taken from everybody elses wallet. :\

This is what is wrong with society.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 03:33:00 AM

Allinvain could also offer a reward for information and/or recovery.

imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:33:59 AM

I thought he did?
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 03:35:29 AM

I thought he did?
Ok.  I did not read all 20+ pages of that thread.  Smiley

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 03:41:00 AM

Perhaps a "Security" sub-forum? Then posts like these can be read immediately below the stickied topics that outline precisely how not to suffer this fate.

It is getting a lot of attention for the wrong reasons, honestly. Unless you actually have a client flaw discovery somehow.

Just a suggestion.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
andes

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 04:09:21 AM

*crickets*

Well, it seems you don't really want to see him with his money back after all. However, I guess it's completely fine if it's taken from everybody elses wallet. :\

Atlas, just courious, how much have you donated to AllinVain so far? Just to have a reference point.

A second question, have people confirmed the theft, or are people just trusting the story of an anonymous internet Identity? I havent been reading the enormous thread, so I am a bit lost on the outcome.
Anonymous

June 17, 2011, 04:10:16 AM

*crickets*

Atlas, just courious, how much have you donated to AllinVain so far? Just to have a reference point.

A second question, have people confirmed the theft, or are people just trusting the story of an anonimous internet Identity? I havent been reading the enormous thread, so I am a bit lost on the outcome.
No, because I don't want to but it seems so many do at the cost of my wallet.
rezin777

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 04:13:43 AM

A second question, have people confirmed the theft, or are people just trusting the story of an anonymous internet Identity? I havent been reading the enormous thread, so I am a bit lost on the outcome.

I haven't seen any proof that would allow me to draw a solid conclusion.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 04:18:51 AM

I did, and I will..more than glad to! I also said that I'd be willing to fund a sort of bitcoin security foundation to pay for further enhancements to the security of the bitcoin system.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 04:21:50 AM

*crickets*

Relax man. I never asked for your bitcoins nor do I want them from you. I have no right to ask or to take them from you. I do have a right to reclaim them from whoever stole them. My private property rights do not end just because you or someone managed to take it without my permission or without proper compensation.

This is NOT what is wrong with society. What IS wrong with society is people not respecting other people's property rights and thinking that as long as they can get away with it it makes it all ok.

bcearl

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 04:22:52 AM

Here's a solution: learn from it, and protect your damn wallet.

Frist: Don't put unencrypted wallets with 25k on Dropbox.

Misspelling protects against dictionary attacks NOT
andes

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 04:24:04 AM

Allinvain I am sorry for your loss. I hope you can get it back soon.

Sorry if this question was made before, but why did you choose that nickname. Was it before or after the theft?

Take care.
Anonymous

June 17, 2011, 04:27:56 AM

*crickets*

Relax man. I never asked for your bitcoins nor do I want them from you. I have no right to ask or to take them from you. I do have a right to reclaim them from whoever stole them. My private property rights do not end just because you or someone managed to take it without my permission or without proper compensation.

This is NOT what is wrong with society. What IS wrong with society is people not respecting other people's property rights and thinking that as long as they can get away with it it makes it all ok.

Well, the people proposing block chain manipulation sure are proposing theft on a massive scale. That's my main deal.
bcearl

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 04:29:27 AM

*crickets*

Well, the people proposing block chain manipulation sure are proposing theft on a massive scale. That's my main deal.

There are always stupid people. Just tolerate them. The people who think changing the block chain would be a good idea are the last people who could figure out how to do that.

Maybe allinvain can trick them into believing that they are the thieves and send him their money. The evidence would be the same. Smiley

Misspelling protects against dictionary attacks NOT
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 04:32:46 AM

Allinvain I am sorry for your loss. I hope you can get it back soon.

Sorry if this question was made before, but why did you choose that nickname. Was it before or after the theft?

Take care.

Yeah way back. This is a handle I used on IRC a long time back. And in case you are thinking, no I did not hang around in underground hacking channels or any such nonsense. And no, I did not carry my mirc install over to this system, and no I did no use mirc recently, and n I did not install any hacking tools..etc..etc

Whatever people are reading into my handle, they should stop it.

niemivh

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 04:34:37 AM

*crickets*

I'm surprised you are voicing any opinion wanting to get this guys money back.  Seems out of character.

I'll keep my politics out of your economics if you keep your economics out of my politics.

16LdMA6pCgq9ULrstHmiwwwbGe1BJQyDqr
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2011, 04:41:01 AM

*crickets*

I'm surprised you are voicing any opinion wanting to get this guys money back.  Seems out of character.

Clearly he does not. He started this thread to mock me.

andes

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 04:41:16 AM

Whatever people are reading into my handle, they should stop it.
I was not making any hacking  association, only the association between "all in vain", and the big loss of bitocins. But I guess the mind is an incorrigible pattern-matching hungry machine. Wink I promise I will try not to read any further meaning into your handle.  

Wish you luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: