Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:49:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL's Jalapeno exists - I have one in my hand and just uploaded a video  (Read 12916 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:09:04 PM

Has anyone else received one yet?
rupy

Activity: 725
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:39:32 PM

So the jalapeno has 2 underclocked chips!

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/36156/flight-of-the-butterfly-plan-b-3/

Tell us more about the 50GH single case!

hahahahha wow.

there goes more chips.

And that also means the "little" has 8 chips, so then the single will have 2 boards alongside the integrated PSU!

I do hope BFL will give us the choice between 2 littles and a monster single (with unwelcomed additional fan for PSU?).

BANKBOOK GWT Wallet & no-FIAT Billing API
rupy

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 09:41:22 PM

Has anyone else received one yet?

Soon™ https://twitter.com/BFL_News

shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 03:47:56 AM

So the jalapeno has 2 underclocked chips!

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/36156/flight-of-the-butterfly-plan-b-3/

Tell us more about the 50GH single case!

wow, dude, can't believe I had never heard of JB before.

Thank you very much...

....how much?

.0321 btc incoming in ... 3... 2... 1.... oh wait, forgot to add transaction fee... this might take a while Wink

:edit: how does the network figure out what a fair transaction fee is anyways? .0005 on this transaction is like 8 cents! that's like 1.6%!! I feel like I'm being robbed blind here!!! (*finds a dime in the couch*) oh, ok, I don't feel so bad now.  Grin

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:04:19 AM

The fact that BFL announced 'we are shipping', followed by 'a total of 12 units in 2 days' is fucking pathetic.
mtminer

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:08:39 AM

"Because we have not shipped for such a long time PayPal is requiring us to ship a small number of the orders made through them and send them the tracking numbers."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/137-first-most-boring-update.html

Awesome.... so much for 1/3 plan.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 04:45:36 AM

One of the first customer units...is a dud.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1GrnJaLaQeTPWqyWLXGAvTCDhXkSBDUx8Z

Buy & Hold
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 06:28:11 AM

"Because we have not shipped for such a long time PayPal is requiring us to ship a small number of the orders made through them and send them the tracking numbers."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/137-first-most-boring-update.html

Code for: There has been so many refunds via PayPal, they have limited us.

I read a few of the replies to Jody's post and took note that earlier orders were place via Bitcoin via BitPay. How is that PayPal orders get process first?

They seem to have a myriad of clusterfucks all going on at the same time, and I wouldn't be surprised if they forget to place the UL, FCC and CE labels on any of the outgoing units due to be overwhelmed with all the chaos, notwithstanding the MineCraft tournament coming up and the cancellation of the Kansas City Airshow.
chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:43:52 AM

I read a few of the replies to Jody's post and took note that earlier orders were place via Bitcoin via BitPay. How is that PayPal orders get process first?

They seem to have a myriad of clusterfucks all going on at the same time, and I wouldn't be surprised if they forget to place the UL, FCC and CE labels on any of the outgoing units due to be overwhelmed with all the chaos, notwithstanding the MineCraft tournament coming up and the cancellation of the Kansas City Airshow.

People can say what they want about them, but they are one of the best at coming up with excuses.  Grin
bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 06:44:08 AM

Custom BFG Software?

Depending on how good at coding they are, surely they can make that executable display anything they like? FPGA anyone??

Just sayin'....
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:02:51 AM

I was under the impression (from the BFL website) that there would be specialized software included to run with the asic products. Is it really just plug & play? also.. what is you 24 hr BTC reward looking like? I realize this all is variable from the network difficulty etc, but a ballpark figure would be nice to know.
thanks for the sharing mang! I thought the video quality was fine.
Hmm,

About .25BTC per day. (@ Current difficulty, which will only last about 5 more days)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:08:20 AM

By the way, this is a duplicate thread, if anyone wants to see the original announcement:

BFL: Chips have shipped, on their way to US
chipd

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 07:12:55 AM

Someone explain to me, why Paypal would even care. They get payed for the shipping service (the more units shipping the better?) and any chargeback period of money sent through paypal have already expired?
rupy

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:05:33 AM

BFL_Jody:

"It's not because of chargebacks. The customers are not triggering this. It's to give PayPal themselves peace of mind"

"Jalapenos only at this point. DarkMatter did not get a tracking number. I can send him one if he likes, but it won't be for his package. I told you about the few related to PayPal because I could not in good conscience say, "Only orders made on June 23 went out today," because that would be untrue. I want to give only the facts here."

So basically order with PayPal and they will legally force BFL to bump you in the queue!?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 08:12:36 AM

BFL_Jody:

"It's not because of chargebacks. The customers are not triggering this. It's to give PayPal themselves peace of mind"

"Jalapenos only at this point. DarkMatter did not get a tracking number. I can send him one if he likes, but it won't be for his package. I told you about the few related to PayPal because I could not in good conscience say, "Only orders made on June 23 went out today," because that would be untrue. I want to give only the facts here."

So basically order with PayPal and they will legally force BFL to bump you in the queue!?

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 08:53:13 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 09:28:00 AM by PuertoLibre

<Cough> Jody, jody jody.

I somehow don't think PayPal is going to be comforted (in any way!) by you shipping out a few dozen orders...after almost a year...out of 10,000+ orders.

I "think" what happened is people read my previous postings and started opening disputes. That led to issues with Paypal investigating...or at least I'd think it would. Though Jody says this is not the case....yeah sure.

-----------------

I know one merchant account I had required me to post a ton of Shipping numbers as a standard security check. I didn't do anything particularly wrong though, it was just a normal thing. In this case though, the day after Josh and I had a few spaz words...makes me think it is not a coincidence.

Paypal is unlikely to solicit you for orders made 7+ months ago. Paypal knows (just as any merchant account company knows) that after 90+ days, the numbers get reused for different customers. Be it USPS, UPS, or Fedex.

I "speculate" that the more likely scenario is that Paypal got a wiff that something was amiss and they asked for the last 90 days worth of shipping numbers. Not by "types of product" I would think. That is something that seems in-congruent and illogical to me for Paypal to do. They (and their insurance) are on the hook for millions if BFL does anything odd or out of character with their merchant account.

(My speculative hypothesis is the following:)
More than likely a couple of customers complained to Paypal after reading Josh and I going "spastic" about Paypal refunds. Paypal then conducts "an audit" of their merchant account. BFL has to scramble to come up with tons of tracking numbers to comply with the request.

Honestly though, I wouldn't know how they could explain that their tracking numbers are pretty damn new compared to the order date. I highly doubt they will pass the audit for that reason alone. (assuming there is an audit...which there appears to be).

If they fail to produce, things can only get worse as Paypal will likely freeze the account and refund every customer transaction at once. Which will likely cause Bank issues at BFL's end.

-----------------------------

Then again, what do I know? You'd probably be better off listening to Jody's version of events. I am sure her account of events are going to be mighty consistent and logical....right?  Roll Eyes (Be less vague Jody!)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:02:40 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 09:19:46 AM by PuertoLibre

By the way,

Since I have my own "ideas" and "conspiracy" theories. I am going to say this prediction. That BFL won't tell anyone who they have to ship to, what order number it may be, or even acknowledge that these folks have gotten their products. (and I am not talking about developers)

Why?

Because then people would want to know what probably "triggered it" and how to skip the queue...pronto~!

People are already thinking this on the BFL forum (in the blogs). So it won't be long before BFL starts avoiding the questions that Jalapeno customers will want to know the most about.

"If you ship some persons Jalapeno before mine...why did that happen exactly? Paypal "forced" you to do this? Then how do I force Paypal to force you to ship mine now? etc."

-------------------------

Personally, I am waiting for the geniuses at BFL forums to figure out that alot of them paid through another Payment Processor called BitPay. Which means they are probably afforded protections like that of Paypal*. With the folks of BitPay being capable of forcing BFL to do pretty much the same things.

It's kind of common sense. Lets hope the BFL forums figure this out.

*Well one hopes BitPay affords their customers actual protection! (Or even enforces "standards" on their merchants)
rupy

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:09:03 AM

I actually hope you are right: then if BFL survives the mass cancellation cashflow wise, I will be bumped in the queue enormously since I ordered with BTC. I think PayPal customers would then talk to PayPal and it would result in a class action suit against them from angry customers missing out on the last opportunity in BTC ever.

I think you just have to realize no matter how hard you try to convince people BFL is scam, you are doing it to improve your own difficulty, and it's transparent.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 09:13:45 AM

Your thinking about this backwards.

Think of it as BFL having to "actually ship" the products people pay for (after an unreasonably long delay).

If you think about it that way, there is no problem. If you also think about it...BFL has said they are a week (ish) from shipping en mass. If that is so, there aren't going to be any "mass cancellations", just mass shipping.

------------------

But if you are ok with the current status quo, simply keep thinking negatively. Last I checked, some customers are getting (pre-production) hardware. That is a bonus. BFL just needed a candle to be lit under their proverbial bottom.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:31:45 AM

@enmaku
please open it and make inside pics  Shocked

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██