Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:54:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does Death mean to you?  (Read 4342 times)
Ljanesanti

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:40:27 AM

Death is just death itself. Death is nothingness. Couldn't explain more besides the other belief of afterlife, purgatory, hell, heaven or an infinite dream for me death is nothing but death. Youll come back as part of this universe. No one really knows.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
winterland

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:46:25 AM

To me death has no meaning, it just the end of your life here on earth, if you believe in something bigger then it may be the next step on your journey if you don’t then it is the end.
Buttercup123

Activity: 455
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:56:54 AM

i want to get a discussion going about death.

i've always been fascinated by death, Sure i have been off an on depressed and occasionally suicidal, the main reason i never went threw with it is because i understand that it would just be transferring my pain to those who care about me. while that isn't what i want to talk about suffice it to say i have given death a lot of thought.

what i find interesting is that it is the only certainty in the universe, i mean everything dies. no matter what we are all constantly dying. hell even our birth was a lottery, out of roughly 250 different sperm cells 1 made it threw to cause you, and your mom just happened to be fertile. if you think about it the fact that you are alive is a miracle in an of itself.

so since death is guaranteed while life never was, i think it is only natural to think about it. one of the great laws of this universe is for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. which has held true for everything we understand. however what about death? we are constantly creating memories, and our brain is constantly firing electrical signals creating memory, thought, self. so how can that just abruptly end? i was also christian for a long time (now agnostic) so in order for our life and memories and entire being to end there has to be another reaction.our bodies decay and give life to nature, but your soul, our being, where does that go? energy cannot be created or destroyed. and since there isn't a reaction that was can perceive then the only question is what happens.

through all of religion there have only ever been three options, heaven, hell, and purgatory. they may go by different names but these are base three options.
but there is no sign of a greater power anywhere, one surely has to exist but there is no reason to believe that they created an afterlife. and then there is the question about where the soul of every creature goes. what truly separates a dog from us? why should we attain an afterlife and not the fish? bugs? plants? at what point does life not have reason?

this isn't necessarily a discussion of the afterlife the only limitation is death. if energy cannot be destroyed then neither can data. and that is all our memories are. so my question is after death where do our memories go? where do our beings go.

i understand there is not a real answer but i would still like to discuss this.

a few other intresting points of reference, a scientist found the "Consciousness on/off switch" July, 2014
also a good article to read is the studies and affects of a lobotomy

EDIT:
If you are feeling up to it i would like to know your first time experiencing death, whether it be a pet, a friend, a family member, or idol. when was the first time the weight of death made you think.

I personally have never been saddened by death. it sounds messed up i know, but about 4 years ago my grandmother died, we were really close. yet i did not cry, i did not feel sad, even tho i knew that i would never see her again i was not upset. i have struggled with this for a while but i think it is just my understanding of death that causes me to not feel sad by it. i look at it as something that just happens, no point crying over something that cannot be changes, no point despairing when entering the unknown. however when i thought my dog might die i was extremely upset, and crying. i think it is because he wasnt dead yet. i am not sure.

No living thing can actually say what death or dying feels, one can die with too much suffering and one can die in an instant without feeling any pain. I am too is wondering deeply about death, but different religions can say that death leads to something. That "something" is still a mystery because no dead has ever live again and can tell how it feels to be dead. I know there are stories worldwide bout dying and being revived but not all can believe each stories for which a person will truly believe a thing if it happens to that person or that person is a witness of that miraculous event.

━━━━━━━━━━━◆     SHREW     ◆━━━━━━━━━━━
██████████     Discounted Pre-Sale Live !     ██████████
◆    Revolutionizing Reward Points    ◆     | Telegram    |    Twitter
pompei

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:55:49 AM

Death it means end of my journey here on earth. I really don't want to think it right now I am enjoying my life as much as I can and live the most out of it. I still wanted to live long on earth to see my kid grow older and wiser.
coinbitbit

Activity: 23
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:58:54 AM

depends on which side you are, if you are dead - a new life, if someone's dead - a new life without
lilit

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:45:53 AM

For me death means the completion of one life that was given for the development and refinement of their mistakes. After death, after a while, the soul can again be born on earth.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
grayhound

Activity: 47

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:09:06 AM

Death means its the end of my mission on earth.
i287853

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:25:08 AM

the way i perceive death is something of a culmination of life's journey..Its like graduation from school. It a special day when you graduate but what is important is the journey you had before you graduate. Same thing for death, you will be mourned for a few weeks or months, but what what you will be remembered is how you lived your whole life. The thought of death makes me want to live my life to the fullest.

Bimby

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 06:33:32 AM

For me death is the way to everlasting peace.
ir.yance

Activity: 354

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:18:19 AM

i want to get a discussion going about death.

i've always been fascinated by death, Sure i have been off an on depressed and occasionally suicidal, the main reason i never went threw with it is because i understand that it would just be transferring my pain to those who care about me. while that isn't what i want to talk about suffice it to say i have given death a lot of thought.

what i find interesting is that it is the only certainty in the universe, i mean everything dies. no matter what we are all constantly dying. hell even our birth was a lottery, out of roughly 250 different sperm cells 1 made it threw to cause you, and your mom just happened to be fertile. if you think about it the fact that you are alive is a miracle in an of itself.

so since death is guaranteed while life never was, i think it is only natural to think about it. one of the great laws of this universe is for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. which has held true for everything we understand. however what about death? we are constantly creating memories, and our brain is constantly firing electrical signals creating memory, thought, self. so how can that just abruptly end? i was also christian for a long time (now agnostic) so in order for our life and memories and entire being to end there has to be another reaction.our bodies decay and give life to nature, but your soul, our being, where does that go? energy cannot be created or destroyed. and since there isn't a reaction that was can perceive then the only question is what happens.

through all of religion there have only ever been three options, heaven, hell, and purgatory. they may go by different names but these are base three options.
but there is no sign of a greater power anywhere, one surely has to exist but there is no reason to believe that they created an afterlife. and then there is the question about where the soul of every creature goes. what truly separates a dog from us? why should we attain an afterlife and not the fish? bugs? plants? at what point does life not have reason?

this isn't necessarily a discussion of the afterlife the only limitation is death. if energy cannot be destroyed then neither can data. and that is all our memories are. so my question is after death where do our memories go? where do our beings go.

i understand there is not a real answer but i would still like to discuss this.

a few other intresting points of reference, a scientist found the "Consciousness on/off switch" July, 2014
also a good article to read is the studies and affects of a lobotomy

EDIT:
If you are feeling up to it i would like to know your first time experiencing death, whether it be a pet, a friend, a family member, or idol. when was the first time the weight of death made you think.

I personally have never been saddened by death. it sounds messed up i know, but about 4 years ago my grandmother died, we were really close. yet i did not cry, i did not feel sad, even tho i knew that i would never see her again i was not upset. i have struggled with this for a while but i think it is just my understanding of death that causes me to not feel sad by it. i look at it as something that just happens, no point crying over something that cannot be changes, no point despairing when entering the unknown. however when i thought my dog might die i was extremely upset, and crying. i think it is because he wasnt dead yet. i am not sure.

death is a life that can not come back, because life is only one time not twice
desette098

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:43:49 PM

Death means that is the end of our journey here on earth no one knows when will be our last breathe will occur so as much as possible i enjoy every single day of my life and give thanks to God our creator.
nvdia

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:58:56 PM

No one knows what being dead is like,there are many hypothesis, but I think it is mean a person has stopped breathing. This results in oxygen not entering the body and the organs, especially the brain, which affects brain function. If this condition is not quickly corrected, then biological death will occur which is when the brain has been deprived of blood and oxygen long enough and the cells begin to die.
dok123

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 01:59:37 PM

For me, death does not mean an end. I think it means beginning something new. But for each his own and of course, who believes in what.
tiklos45

Activity: 5

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 09:40:24 PM

For me death is the knot will separate us from our love ones it is sad but everything has come to an end. No one also can predict when is our last day here on earth si we must value every moment.
Vivimubarak

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 02, 2017, 10:17:18 PM

all living things will  death, we can not guess when death will come to us, we can only use our lives as well as good and useful for other living beings
3JIO

Activity: 225
Merit: 101

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 05:24:10 PM

Этo кoнeц, кoнeц вceмy, жизнь oкoнчeнa, нo нaвepнoe нa мoмeнт cмepти бyдeт вce paвнo. Haдeюcь пoтoм бyдeт eщё жизнь.

redkid334

Activity: 29

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:00:46 AM

Death is end of my life and starting my question marks. I can't comment what i don't know. Who knos what will happen after we die? No one i guess..
veronikka

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:17:22 AM

for me death is when your soul leave your body and it means that this is the end of your journey and life here in earth
samide.pekara

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:50:45 AM

Death is an integral part of our life, I think, it  is continuation of our path
Brucebully

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:14:53 PM

Death is peace for those who suffer. It is an exit to a miserable life or a disease in the body or in the mind, even in the heart.

Death is pain to those who lost someone or something. An end to love and life that we wish to last forever.

Death is a journey for those who were left behind. To walk life through memory of what ifs.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: