Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:19:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Jalapeno Unboxing  (Read 13572 times)
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:38:09 PM

BBQKorv

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Ignore

Re: 490,000 Avalon chips already ordered - 150T hashrate spike coming in August
Today at 02:31:37 PM

Reply with quote  #25
Oh, this gets interesting. I didn't expect this amount of sales in such a short timewindow.

Now it would be a golden time for BFL to start shipping if they don't want cancelled orders flooding in like crazy.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alexcamp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 02:47:02 PM

[....]

Seriously, Josh
If you would have taken all the time you wasted on these forums and put it to good use, (like I dunno... developing a working product), i'm sure a lot of your customers would already have their units and all those discussions would be pointless.

Please show a little respect like the mature guy you are (..or are you?), especially for the hundreds/thousands of people that trusted your endeavour and invested in your product.

Stop wasting time on the forums and get to work. There is still too much to be done on your part to be here publicly playing with customer emotions.
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:00:37 PM

BBQKorv

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Ignore

Re: 490,000 Avalon chips already ordered - 150T hashrate spike coming in August
Today at 02:31:37 PM

Reply with quote  #25
Oh, this gets interesting. I didn't expect this amount of sales in such a short timewindow.

Now it would be a golden time for BFL to start shipping if they don't want cancelled orders flooding in like crazy.

To be more clear, by shipping I mean shipping actual finalized products to paying customers. So far we have seen one dev-unit possibly touched by luke-jr, and now this thread is about the very first sample unit in the hands of non-BFL-affiliated personnel, outside BFL headquarters.

There is still quite some way to go before they can actually start shipping in quantities that could catch up to the preorder queue some day.

EDIT:
I don't know if this "Codinginmysleep" guy did place one of the very first pre-orders nearly a year ago, but shipping usually starts with the orders being filled in the same order they were originally placed. Thus I'm not yet changing my signature about BFL's shipping problems.
chipd

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 03:01:46 PM

[....]

Seriously, Josh
If you would have taken all the time you wasted on these forums and put it to good use, (like I dunno... developing a working product), i'm sure a lot of your customers would already have their units and all those discussions would be pointless.

Please show a little respect like the mature guy you are (..or are you?), especially for the hundreds/thousands of people that trusted your endeavour and invested in your product.

Stop wasting time on the forums and get to work. There is still too much to be done on your part to be here publicly playing with customer emotions.

The way he behave publicly and with the background checks respectable companies do today, he will be won't get a job opportunity ever again.
That leaves him with hanging out with his alleged fraudster friends, Vleisides and Fletcher to name a few, being a low-life criminal for the reminder of his life.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:15:29 PM

The only thing Josh demonstrates here is that BFL sees the customer as a piece of shit. A customer has to pay money and shut up. For me the Single SC was my first and my last deal with BFL. Well, at the moment there is no deal - I paid money to BFL to watch Avalon and ASICMINER shipping ASIC miners to their customers.

Some asshats are bashing BFL for months. Josh gave them what they deserved. I never had problems with customer support at BFL. They came back to me within 10 minutes all the time.
"asshats"?   Josh, you have another handle on here?    You certainly seem to get better customer service than anyone else since most people hear NOTHING when they ask questions.   Given the way you speak, I wager you work at BFL

Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 04:55:26 PM

Given the way you speak, I wager you work at BFL

I speak the way I want. And no I don't work at or for BFL. But I used their previous hardware long before you showed up here Lips sealed

pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:01:29 PM

I guess no one seems to wonder how a company can issue refunds of thousands of dollars of pre-order merchandise and Paypal never balks at it?

See, Yajaira D Guevara, this is why you're so pathetic.  You make statements like this.  Who says we issue refunds of thousands of dollars?  Your warped little mind?  We get very little refund requests in the ]grand scheme of things.  I know you desperately want it to be true that people are asking for refunds in droves, but it's simply not the case.  This is why I know a large majority of the whiny brats that cry about BFL still maintain their pre-orders.  Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you had a stealth order yourself, just like Frizz, but until there's evidence of that, I'll give you props for being one of the few trolls who actually doesn't have a pre-order.

You just go on advocating fraud there, Yajaira.  You are a real stand up guy!  Not only a liar, but a thief and fraudster as well, GG!

You see guys this is all a grand scheme lol
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 10:06:59 PM

The only thing Josh demonstrates here is that BFL sees the customer as a piece of shit. A customer has to pay money and shut up. For me the Single SC was my first and my last deal with BFL. Well, at the moment there is no deal - I paid money to BFL to watch Avalon and ASICMINER shipping ASIC miners to their customers.

Some asshats are bashing BFL for months. Josh gave them what they deserved. I never had problems with customer support at BFL. They came back to me within 10 minutes all the time.

What if you pre-ordered a MiniRig?   Don't you think they could of been a bit more truthful with their expectations and let someone who ponied up $30k in on the DOA status of it?

If they took a few humble pills there would be much less attacks on them

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:40:41 AM

What if you pre-ordered a MiniRig?   Don't you think they could of been a bit more truthful with their expectations and let someone who ponied up $30k in on the DOA status of it?

That and if there wasn't so much BFL PR spam, Avalon might have done larger batche sizes and then everyone could have ASICs by now. Wink

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:17:08 AM

Am I the only one who wants to see the new single case?

Me too.

Personally, I'm just hoping that the single actually start shipping around the time the jallys do... because it's starting to feel like ordering larger units was a mistake.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:21:46 AM

That and if there wasn't so much BFL PR spam, Avalon might have done larger batche sizes and then everyone could have ASICs by now. Wink
More than 3 months later, Avalon have shipped how many?
300?
(probably less - there were still people asking for their Batch #1 orders not long ago)
Reality please ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Joshster

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:25:02 AM

Wish I could get my hands on one of these, I really don't know what to do with BTC mining. I don't want to go down the GPU route, and Avalon seem expensive.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:27:30 AM

300?
(probably less - there were still people asking for their Batch #1 orders not long ago)
Reality please ...

Avalon is shipping batch 2.
In real business. inventory is sized according to predicted interest in the market. I am sure Avalon presumed that BFL would also be shipping product by now, so they thought they would be sharing the ASIC market. Had they known the actual state of BFL's engineering, I am sure they could have reacted appropriately and captured that market share by increasing the size of their first batch.
Lying about their progress was certainly in BFL's interest, and they are not the only company to spread FUD in a market place to discourage entry by other parties.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:34:14 AM

In real business. inventory is sized according to predicted interest in the market. I am sure Avalon presumed that BFL would also be shipping product by now, so they thought they would be sharing the ASIC market. Had they known the actual state of BFL's engineering, I am sure they could have reacted appropriately and captured that market share by increasing the size of their first batch.
Lying about their progress was certainly in BFL's interest, and they are not the only company to spread FUD in a market place to discourage entry by other parties.

I don't agree with your assessment, simply because Avalon would not be getting orders for 490,000 ASIC's if people didn't have demand for their products. If they announced batch#4 I bet it would sell out fast.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:36:48 AM

300?
Reality please ...

Who has one?

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:46:38 AM

I don't agree with your assessment, simply because Avalon would not be getting orders for 490,000 ASIC's if people didn't have demand for their products. If they announced batch#4 I bet it would sell out fast.

Perhaps I communicated it badly. I was trying to express the point that Avalon could have anticipated this demand earlier if they had a better understanding of the true state of things in the ASIC market. Thus that 490,000 chip order might possibly have taken place in February or March instead of late April.

Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:30:27 AM

Does anyone find this suspicious that the video is uploaded on saturday? If I were to do a "unboxing", I would be doing it on the day I got it. Also, I find it very strange that BFL is sending this without an announcement. It leads me to believe that BFL specifically selected him to the "unboxing".

edit: fedex does indeed ship on Saturday.

He clearly states in the video that he was specifically selected for early/special shipment.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Andrey

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:34:24 AM

Maybe its irrelevant, but I wonder what holds the unit from falling off its "origami" socket if box is turned upside down? There is about inch of space above the unit seen during unpackaging.
Looks quite different from the packaging I've seen before. Looks like a part of packaging is missing.

Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:57:41 AM

Maybe its irrelevant, but I wonder what holds the unit from falling off its "origami" socket if box is turned upside down? There is about inch of space above the unit seen during unpackaging.
Looks quite different from the packaging I've seen before. Looks like a part of packaging is missing.

Now that you mention it - I also thought it was funny that there was no more protection on top. I don't think the unit will come loose, but it could be crushed by other parcels/handling etc.

I think the unit would be a lot safer if it was inside a cardboard "frame" that were in turn placed in a slightly larger hole in that origami-part.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
marra

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:08:56 PM

We still didn't see inside of the product case and a thermal imaging, it should be fair to display.  Huh

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: