Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:52:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who here regrets not ordering a BFL unit?  (Read 2609 times)
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 07:23:17 AM

So due to recent videos of one user's demo/pre-release video of a single...who here are starting to change their mind about ordering from BFL?

A better question would be , "Do you regret not purchasing an Avalon instead of dealing with BFL".  I could answer that one in a heartbeat!

needmorecoins (OP)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:54:33 PM

I think it's a taken that we all wished we've ordered an avalon lol.
spanishfry

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:19:42 PM

i got a BFL refund 3 weeks ago and feel like I dodged a major bullet
vdek

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:07:03 PM

So due to recent videos of one user's demo/pre-release video of a single...who here are starting to change their mind about ordering from BFL?

A better question would be , "Do you regret not purchasing an Avalon instead of dealing with BFL".  I could answer that one in a heartbeat!

How would you have gotten an Avalon? They pretty much sold out instantly...
mattyrain

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:10:32 PM

Still thinking about risking ~3BTC on a Jalapeno. Talk me out of it.
abigfish

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:13:10 PM

i do regret...esp since the price raised for the jalapenos from 149 Sad( ... and given that I was thinking about ordering when BTC was huge value...was a time when you could buy a jalapeno with 1 btc ffs ....(peak value of btc before bubble)

will def buy 2 jalas ASAP when I see the first ones in peoples hands...people from this forum for ex ...im sure even with diff raise and everything that paying 250$ and just plugging it into usb will get you a lot more money back in just a couple of months ...even if we order late ...
abigfish

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:15:41 PM

matty : imo if you have btc in wallet etc...buy one ... worst case scenario you loose btc .... normal scenario ... you get it when diff goes up and you get back your 3btc in 3 months than you mine forever for free.   ...best case scenario ... bfl stars shipping quickly you get it soon ...and boom ...millionaire Wink jk but you get the point

The price of the jala IS SO LOW ...that given ANY diff increase it will still make its money back ASAP and after its yours to keep forever....if it becomes too low of a profit...resell it to someone less experienced or in a bigger hurry Wink
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:37:29 PM

I actually ordered from BTC Asic and BFL at same time. Got my refund from BTCFPGA no problems, disappointed they weren't able to ship units.

All the time wish I had ordered a BFL single (I think that is the 25Gh unit?) instead of the Jalepeno. May still order one before any proof of ship exists.
whitetoo

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:03:07 PM

I echo what was said by a previous poster, your $$$$ have and continue to be tied up with BFL - which could of been invested in BTC directly.
BFL seem to treat their customers as investors, whilst units have been shipped to "reviewers"... it appears to me that BFL may not be a scam but a company in a large hole trying to scramble out of it.
So by releasing a few to people who will post reviews and videos demo'ing that the product "exists" and meets "promises" this is a marketing ploy to draw more people to invest their cash into BFL so they can carry on with their testing or buy a 3rd island in the middle of the Pacific. Who knows!

Video can be fake. I actually concern about real BFL unit shipped to real miner

Pretty much sums it up.
evilscoop

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:05:41 PM

when/if they ship...then ill regret it....and try fast to get one
until then, no
furball

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:13:10 PM

Video can be fake. I actually concern about real BFL unit shipped to real miner

This video looks real to me...here's hoping anyway..I ordered one just the other day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6mmTRheUzg
condor335
Copper Member

Activity: 46

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:58:04 PM

I shant regret what I shant not done.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

@OP - I regret not buying more of them.  Smiley

Thought about buying one of their units, but after doing some basic research, I'm 99.9999999% sure they're scamers.
Want to bet on that?  1 BTC of mine against 10 BTC of yours?  You should be more than willing to take such a bet if you are 99.9999999% sure.
needmorecoins (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:54:16 PM

I initially thought it was a massive scam, considering their FPGA were re-branded and not their own? And their lack of news on progress. 

But after hearing about Avalon releasing their ASIC chips for sale, scammers or not, I'm gonna assume they will now be able to deliver using Avalon chips to keep up their good name/scam.
zoktar

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:14:35 PM

payed for a BFL jally last year around christmas, but im skeptic, they just keep pushing the months. Jally wasn't awfully expensive so there's that atleast.
Joshster

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:15:54 PM

I was looking at shipping costs and it's around 200 USD just to ship to the UK, not sure if I want to order or not.  Sad
needmorecoins (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 11:42:58 PM

I was looking at shipping costs and it's around 200 USD just to ship to the UK, not sure if I want to order or not.  Sad

Considering your fiat profits from mining is tied to exchange rates, and the definite rise in difficulty (some projecting it to be 90 million+ by end of year) then it's probably better off buying some coins instead of putting that fiat money in limbo and hoping BFL delivers. Just my opinion though.

robberdub

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:33:24 AM

Possibly there's a warehouse full of BFL miners making someone lots of money right now;
if the price of bitcoins plummets watch how many ASIC miners are suddenly available
on the market.
MikeyNick

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:47:19 AM

Considering your fiat profits from mining is tied to exchange rates, and the definite rise in difficulty (some projecting it to be 90 million+ by end of year) then it's probably better off buying some coins instead of putting that fiat money in limbo and hoping BFL delivers. Just my opinion though.

I agree, might as well play the market and make something than hope they actually deliver.
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:16:33 AM

This.  Got my BFL refund long time ago and made back the loss by trading.  I hate trading but I would hate waiting for "soon" even more.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: