Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:28:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BU - Bitcoin Unlimited  (Read 764 times)
GizmoHF (OP)

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Follow your heart.

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:42:44 PM

Hello,

So there are is big battle going between Segwit and Bitcoin Unlimited. I have some questions about Bitcoin Unlimited.

What if Bitcoin Unlimited will win the battle;
1) Will it be easier to mine bitcoin again? (Like at the beginning of bitcoin)
2) Will the transactions go though faster? Right now there are 40k unconfirmed transactions

3) What other benefits does Bitcoin Unlimited have except there are unlimited Bitcoins?

4) What do you think it will do to the price? Many people say it will MOON, but when there is unlimited resource of something I only see it dumping..

Thanks for answering my question. I greatly appreciate it Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 08:55:19 PM

I think you have a lot more research to do.
In answer to your questions:
1. No - The difficulty level will not drop to cpu mining rates.
2. Faster transactions is the aim, with bogger blocks this should be accomplished.
3. Bitcoin unlimited does not actually mean an unlimited supply of bitcoins (that would be a disaster for bitcoin) it also does not mean unlimited block sizes.

You have probably started a long a heated discussion here if just 2 of the members i have in mind find this thread.  Wink

Technicality

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:56:52 PM

Hello,

So there are is big battle going between Segwit and Bitcoin Unlimited. I have some questions about Bitcoin Unlimited.

2) Will the transactions go though faster? Right now there are 40k unconfirmed transactions

3) What other benefits does Bitcoin Unlimited have except there are unlimited Bitcoins?

4) What do you think it will do to the price? Many people say it will MOON, but when there is unlimited resource of something I only see it dumping..

1.  No.  It won't, it'll still be pretty hard, probably less profitable in fact because far more transactions would be in each block as I recall.  It would still be a strong enough business for the major companies though.

2.  Yes.  Much, much, much faster, which is the point for both SegWit and Bitcoin Unlimited - pretty much the only point.

3.  I can't really answer this.  Transactions will be faster, there won't be unlimited Bitcoins - mining rewards will stay the same as far as I know and the max will always be 21 million to be reached in 2040.

4.  It will go higher because Bitcoin can become commonly adopted as transactions are more convenient.

GizmoHF (OP)

Follow your heart.

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:57:27 PM

I think you have a lot more research to do.
In answer to your questions:
1. No - The difficulty level will not drop to cpu mining rates.
2. Faster transactions is the aim, with bogger blocks this should be accomplished.
3. Bitcoin unlimited does not actually mean an unlimited supply of bitcoins (that would be a disaster for bitcoin) it also does not mean unlimited block sizes.

You have probably started a long a heated discussion here if just 2 of the members i have in mind find this thread.  Wink

Thanks for your reply. I indeed do have a lot of research to do.

I hope they will find this thread, let the fun begin!
GizmoHF (OP)

Follow your heart.

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:59:09 PM

Hello,

1.  No.  It won't, it'll still be pretty hard, probably less profitable in fact because far more transactions would be in each block as I recall.  It would still be a strong enough business for the major companies though.

2.  Yes.  Much, much, much faster, which is the point for both SegWit and Bitcoin Unlimited - pretty much the only point.

3.  I can't really answer this.  Transactions will be faster, there won't be unlimited Bitcoins - mining rewards will stay the same as far as I know and the max will always be 21 million to be reached in 2040.

4.  It will go higher because Bitcoin can become commonly adopted as transactions are more convenient.

As bitkilo said, I have a lot of research to do; but why is it called Bitcoin unlimited if the max is still 21 MIllion?

Edit: Oh, it is the block size instead of the amount that can be mined.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:19:30 AM

Hello,

As bitkilo said, I have a lot of research to do; but why is it called Bitcoin unlimited if the max is still 21 MIllion?

The "Bitcoin Unlimited" name just makes reference to the removing block size limit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5v6n57/when_bitcoin_unlimited_makes_fun_of_the_segwit/

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 12:33:44 AM

Hello,

The "Bitcoin Unlimited" name just makes reference to the removing block size limit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/5v6n57/when_bitcoin_unlimited_makes_fun_of_the_segwit/
Bitcoin Unlimited is not proposal to remove the blocksize completely, it is just a proposal to increase the blocksize from the current 1mb block that is the max size miners are currently mining.
If BU gets in miners will then be allowed to mine blocks up to 2mb and therefore including up to double the amount of transactions already being mined into blocks.

I do not try to say that i know a lot about this subject so any further questions may be better answered by someone with greater knowledge on the subject but watch out because this thread could become 10 pager overnight, some members can be very passionate about this subject and that is good to see, it shows they care about the network and are prepared to argue their case all night if needed.

achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 01:15:11 AM

Bitcoin Unlimited is not proposal to remove the blocksize completely, it is just a proposal to increase the blocksize from the current 1mb block that is the max size miners are currently mining.
If BU gets in miners will then be allowed to mine blocks up to 2mb and therefore including up to double the amount of transactions already being mined into blocks.
That is incorrect. Bitcoin Classic was the proposal to increase the maximum block size to 2 MB. Bitcoin Unlimited is a different proposal which allows users to set their own acceptable block size and allow miners to choose a block size that they want to mine.

bitkilo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 03:26:43 AM

That is incorrect. Bitcoin Classic was the proposal to increase the maximum block size to 2 MB. Bitcoin Unlimited is a different proposal which allows users to set their own acceptable block size and allow miners to choose a block size that they want to mine.
Yes you are correct, sorry i got mixed up, hard to keep track and remember the exact details of all the proposalsñ

GizmoHF (OP)

Follow your heart.

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:19:04 AM

Thanks all for the reply. This makes a lot more sense now Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: