Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:33:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ZID] Identity | SINGULARITY roadmap --> DNA | AI | no ICO, no premine  (Read 21453 times)
adorid

Activity: 445
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:47:46 PM

Its weird. Many cryptonote currencies seem to have the same effect. A hashrate increase of roughly 10x in the last few days.

I doubt suddenly everyone started mining them. Unless there have been developments like a new gpu miner that I don't know of. In which case, cpu mining (the main thing keepeng them attractive to miners) is gone

What other cryptonote cryptos are currently experiencing an unhealthy growth of difficulty and hashrate? Is boolberry among them? Well someone must be secretly trying a proprietarily made miner. Expecting little to no impact on clown coins with no liquidity... but monero... That one may see a dumpage as a result of 10x higher selling pressure from miners.

It could always be rented hashpower that someone throws at them for a short period of time. Not sure why they think its worth mining something at 10x the difficulty for a day or two - but that's crypto's I guess.

its good if you want to slow down mining)

Perryl

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 09:59:32 PM

Its weird. Many cryptonote currencies seem to have the same effect. A hashrate increase of roughly 10x in the last few days.

I doubt suddenly everyone started mining them. Unless there have been developments like a new gpu miner that I don't know of. In which case, cpu mining (the main thing keepeng them attractive to miners) is gone
I've been using Claymore's GPU miner since the beginning...

That's not new. GPU miners for cryptonote coins while better than cpu are still not that much better like in other algos.
The sudden increase in 3 cryptonote coins I usually mine all in a very short time puzzles me

My 1050 does ~225 and my i5 does ~80. So still around 3x. I'd say that's quite a bit better. I just use both at the same time.
Your i5 is probably an older model without AES-NI instructions.
i5s i7s and AMD FXs of the last 3-4 years can do easily around 300h/s.

As far as I know it has AES-NI instructions, it's an i5 4590. However, I might be running the wrong executable. I'm running cpuminer-gw64-avx2.exe for CPUminer. There are 2 others but I never run them. I don't really notice the miner running either, this is on my main PC. The same one I have 40 Chrome tabs open on. So I guess I lose some power to all the apps I have open too.

If you have any suggestions for better settings or anything I'm here to learn. If my i5 was doing as much as my GPU that might shift my gears for the next upgrade. I'm not sure if I should upgrade my processor next or buy a 2nd 1050, maybe both. I'm definitely in the market for an upgrade in May or June.

Perryl

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:03:05 PM

Shh, don't tell anyone, diffuculty is down again, making 80 ZID+ with my GTX 980 right now.

I never stopped. 80 ZID per what? lol. Hour? Day? Week?

My 1050 has made me a few hundred over the last few days with on/off mining. Hopefully, they'll be worth something one day. I'll probably mine like 2 or 3k and move on.
Per second, bro. Like a bouss.

Per day obv.  Wink

That's decent, I was just wondering because I went with budget Nvidea and I'm getting around the same after deducting the CPU work.
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1401

Disobey.

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 11:53:51 PM

Shh, don't tell anyone, diffuculty is down again, making 80 ZID+ with my GTX 980 right now.

My 1050 has made me a few hundred over the last few days with on/off mining. Hopefully, they'll be worth something one day. I'll probably mine like 2 or 3k and move on.

Per day obv.  Wink

That's decent, I was just wondering because I went with budget Nvidea and I'm getting around the same after deducting the CPU work.

How many H/s does your console window show? I get 350 H/s most of the time for my GTX 980 (no ti here).
I actually bought that one for gaming only. Didn't know back then I would be mining cryptos. Wink
Tomorrow I will be testing an AMD Radeon R9 Nano, really looking forward to see what results I can get with that one.

What seems interesting to me (and surprised me): You all seem to mine using your CPUs while getting a good hashrate? What miner do you use and do you think my 8-core AM3+ A fx8350 can make a decent hashrate, too?

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
primeval

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:36:45 AM

The trick to using CPU is not to load all your threads. Find out your L3 cache, divide by 2, and only use that many threads. If you have an i7 6700K, for example, you have 8 MB cache but 8 threads. 8 threads loaded gives 150 H/s, while 4 threads loaded and affined to non-HT threads gives 250 H/s. Performance wise, xmr-stak-cpu seems to do the best with memory mapping enabled.
amy1284455127

Activity: 536

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:59:52 AM

What do you use for GPU mining software? I am in the pool to download the AMD software can not use!

Tera's real blockchain is simple and easy to use!
terafoundation.org
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:04:36 AM

What other cryptonote cryptos are currently experiencing an unhealthy growth of difficulty and hashrate? Is boolberry among them? Well someone must be secretly trying a proprietarily made miner. Expecting little to no impact on clown coins with no liquidity... but monero... That one may see a dumpage as a result of 10x higher selling pressure from miners.

Bipcoin for sure has had problems for days. Blocks take hours.
Nic Nac occasionally has similar slowdowns but not all the time. Its normally a very low diff coin (like 4-10Kh) and now consistently over 30Kh. But the chain is slower now so I doubt the hashpower is really there

Kryptowerk
Legendary

Disobey.

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:53:42 PM

Hey guys,

I am trying to get my Radeon R9 to mine using Claymore GPU Miner v9.7 Beta (I also tried v9.6 and v 9.4 with the same result). Do you have any advice on what to put into the batchfile?
Right now I have:
NsGpuCNMiner -o stratum+tcp://zid.hashpool.eu:3038 -u MYZIDADRESS -p x
pause
But I get the following error in red:
Wrong wallet address blablaMyZIDAdressHere - XMR/QCN/BCN/FCN/Duck/OEC/MCN/ORIAN addresses are supported only. Use "-allcoins 1" option.
Pool  zid.hashpool.eu removed from list

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBoLVvoqVY&t=288s One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet. Go check it out.
Perryl

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:57:45 PM

Hey guys,

I am trying to get my Radeon R9 to mine using Claymore GPU Miner v9.7 Beta (I also tried v9.6 and v 9.4 with the same result). Do you have any advice on what to put into the batchfile?
Right now I have:
pause
Wrong wallet address blablaMyZIDAdressHere - XMR/QCN/BCN/FCN/Duck/OEC/MCN/ORIAN addresses are supported only. Use "-allcoins 1" option.

It tells you to use -allcoins 1. Did you?

I couldn't get that miner to work, after going with -allcoins 1 it threw another suggestion for -allcoins -1, iirc. You should consult the readme doc and ctrl+f for allcoins and read about the settings.
Perryl

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:02:12 PM

Per day obv.  Wink

How many H/s does your console window show? I get 350 H/s most of the time for my GTX 980 (no ti here).
I actually bought that one for gaming only. Didn't know back then I would be mining cryptos. Wink
Tomorrow I will be testing an AMD Radeon R9 Nano, really looking forward to see what results I can get with that one.

What seems interesting to me (and surprised me): You all seem to mine using your CPUs while getting a good hashrate? What miner do you use and do you think my 8-core AM3+ A fx8350 can make a decent hashrate, too?

I think around 250- 285, depends how many things I have open. I also get this error "[2017-04-14 09:58:16] GPU #0: Warning: block count 40 is not a multiple of SMX count 6." I'm sure that somehow is negatively affecting me. I need to learn more about this.

I am using cpuminer. I forget where I got it and can't really recommend a link. I got it for mining "timetravel" algo or coin or both, I forget. There are 3 .exe with the name cpuminer-gw64. Hope that helps. I suspect your CPU would get good hashrate. It definitely doesn't hurt to try.
Nik4691

Activity: 352

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:20:25 PM

I've been using Claymore's GPU miner since the beginning...

That's not new. GPU miners for cryptonote coins while better than cpu are still not that much better like in other algos.
The sudden increase in 3 cryptonote coins I usually mine all in a very short time puzzles me

My 1050 does ~225 and my i5 does ~80. So still around 3x. I'd say that's quite a bit better. I just use both at the same time.
Your i5 is probably an older model without AES-NI instructions.
i5s i7s and AMD FXs of the last 3-4 years can do easily around 300h/s.

As far as I know it has AES-NI instructions, it's an i5 4590. However, I might be running the wrong executable. I'm running cpuminer-gw64-avx2.exe for CPUminer. There are 2 others but I never run them. I don't really notice the miner running either, this is on my main PC. The same one I have 40 Chrome tabs open on. So I guess I lose some power to all the apps I have open too.

If you have any suggestions for better settings or anything I'm here to learn. If my i5 was doing as much as my GPU that might shift my gears for the next upgrade. I'm not sure if I should upgrade my processor next or buy a 2nd 1050, maybe both. I'm definitely in the market for an upgrade in May or June.

Try this one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326803.0
It gives about 250-300h/s on any 4core i5-i7 and 8core AMD FX at around 4GHz.

Kryptowerk
Legendary

Disobey.

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:46:43 PM

Hey guys,

Right now I have:
pause

I couldn't get that miner to work, after going with -allcoins 1 it threw another suggestion for -allcoins -1, iirc. You should consult the readme doc and ctrl+f for allcoins and read about the settings.
Using -allcoins -1 I just get the error UNKNOWN OPTION allcoins.

Nik4691

Activity: 352

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:56:07 PM

Hey guys,

Right now I have:
pause

-allpools 1

Code:
NsGpuCNMiner.exe -o stratum+tcp://zid.hashpool.eu:3039 -u iz5Tgnc6xHFSxK4o9Z17Dcb1Y2nqpa2PXYiQFb9mgxReJstgSgmv6Dd9U9QGgczD1hA2ZfDwjMriJWCz7vqrqBxd1zwZik7ad -p x -allpools 1
gtzanap

Activity: 409

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:03:31 PM

Yes, cryptonote coins are still very much cpu mineable. Perhaps the only type of coins that can make such a claim.

GPU miners are of course better at any given power consumption level, but not orders of magnitude better like any other type of coin.

Still you need a modern cpu to make it worth it. Anything before sandy bridge intel will not be competitive.
Most AMD cpus also consume way too much power compared to intel equivalent and perform worse. Not ryzen though, I hear those are good

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Acidx

Activity: 356

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:09:11 PM

Difficulty on the rise again. 70 kh/s network.

miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:13:42 PM

Why my wallet still stunk ?
The balance and unconfirmed haven't changed for a long time.  Huh Huh Huh
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Disobey.

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:14:17 PM

Hey guys,

Right now I have:
pause

-allpools 1

Code:
NsGpuCNMiner.exe -o stratum+tcp://zid.hashpool.eu:3039 -u iz5Tgnc6xHFSxK4o9Z17Dcb1Y2nqpa2PXYiQFb9mgxReJstgSgmv6Dd9U9QGgczD1hA2ZfDwjMriJWCz7vqrqBxd1zwZik7ad -p x -allpools 1
Oh, thanks!
Finally works.
And I am getting 770 H/s with the R9 Nano. Sweet.

Perryl

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 03:55:25 PM

Hey guys,

Right now I have:
pause

-allpools 1

Code:
Oh, thanks!
Finally works.

Too bad it's AMD only. I wonder if Claymore's miner would be more efficient on Nvidea cards too. He takes a dev fee, but it's not much. 1 - 5% depending on the miner.
Mrbates

Activity: 546

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:22:57 PM

Hey guys,

Right now I have:
pause

-allpools 1

Code:
Oh, thanks!
Finally works.

Too bad it's AMD only. I wonder if Claymore's miner would be more efficient on Nvidea cards too. He takes a dev fee, but it's not much. 1 - 5% depending on the miner.
I use claymore on my nvidia 1050 and get around 400 h/s

czcool

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:42:09 PM

Hash Rate: 109.97 KH/sec
 Block Found: 9 minutes ago
 Difficulty: 8467941
 Blockchain Height: 35523
 Last Reward: 7.7770 ZID

1kh/s=79.67 ZID/day