Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:20:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BIP100 updated - By Jeff Garzik and Tom Harding  (Read 3100 times)
notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:50:23 AM

This is a good solution IMO , to make bitcoin one again...
Its simple , core coukd build it in , and if segwit would never activate I could live with that.
Other small changes in future could be adopted by everyone.
f.e fixing Malleability only , without all changes of signing in a outside block.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:08:01 AM

f.e fixing Malleability only , without all changes of signing in a outside block.

Oh, you've solved the problems of malleability and quadratic sighash scaling a different way? What is your proposal?

Vires in numeris
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:21:33 AM

PS: It's funny - in other threads I'm attacked by Core maximalists, and here by a BU maximalist Wink Intermediate positions seem to be the most difficult to sustain in a polarized ecosystem.
Lulz "attacked" - I guess if anyone disagrees with core (and you) they're attacking you?
Narcissism much?

P.S. I'm not BU - my pool is mining "No Vote" - which is the current "running 2nd option" (BU is running 1st, SegWit is running last)
P.P.S. with no miners you have NO bitcoin. With no exchanges, you still have bitcoin.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4447

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:51:15 AM

Ok, I think I see what's leading you to say this.

To begin with, remember that BU is explictly defined as a hard fork. Naming no names, but there are some excessively over-complicated descriptions of the difference between the two. But there are nuanced sub-categories of each type, so there is some grounding in reality to presenting every subcategory at once (but it's more confusing presented that way).

It's clearer like this:

The 2 overall categories: hard and soft

Hard fork: the blockchain splits in 2

Soft fork: the blockchain remains as 1

no the emboldened parts are exaggerated propaganda of taking softs best case scenario and hards worse case scenario.
hiding the fact that even going soft can split the network(core actually admit that it exists in their bip9, to orphan and ban the opposer once active).
hiding the fact that even going hard can keep the network together(thats how true consensus works node and pool agreement).

for reference:
clarity

soft and hard is simply:
soft: pool only vote
hard: nodes and pools vote

below these umbrella terms is what could happen.. in both hard and soft it can either continue as one chain. or bilateral split
softfork: consensus - >94% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: small 5% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced and dead
softfork: controversial - >50% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: long big% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced and dead
softfork: bilateral split - intentionally ignoring/banning opposing rules and not including them. result: 2 chains

hardfork: consensus - >94% nodes, then >94% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: 5% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced / dead
hardfork: controversial - >50% nodes, then >50% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: big% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced / dead
hardfork: bilateral split - intentionally ignoring/banning opposing rules and not including them. result: 2 chains

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:07:23 PM

P.P.S. with no miners you have NO bitcoin. With no exchanges, you still have bitcoin.

Kicking out miners who don't understand their role just creates a gap in the market where the uncooperative miners used to be.

New miners would be more than happy to take on the risk of securing Bitcoin if people like you carry on like this. Can you wave like The Queen, kano? Can you say "bye-bye"? Grin

Vires in numeris
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:37:53 PM

Bitcoin price is crashing coz core is centralised and people are losing trust in Bitcoin.

Core is promoting a minority agenda (segwit) since August last year (core 0.13.0)
It hasn't done a run on acceptance, it's basically a failure and it has been that way for a while now.

If core was decentralised it would include independent options for each of the block options and probably also a version of BIP100 ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
HannRa

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:15:11 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2017, 01:50:32 AM by HannRa

Bitcoin price is crashing coz core is centralised and people are losing trust in Bitcoin.

Core is promoting a minority agenda (segwit) since August last year (core 0.13.0)
It hasn't done a run on acceptance, it's basically a failure and it has been that way for a while now.

If core was decentralised it would include independent options for each of the block options and probably also a version of BIP100 ...

Add in a 'BIP100' flag to your coinbase string, and I will join with my 625Th/s! I'm aware the Kano pool is not a large percentage of total and this will likely not change much, but I'm highly motivated to initiate any traction for BIP100.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:29:01 AM

Do You like spreading FUD?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: