Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:39:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  
Author Topic: did you place all your funds into bitcoin?  (Read 123563 times)
Soranith

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:00:59 AM

Bitcoin was still very cheap when I first heard about it few years ago but even though it was cheap I did not put all my funds in bitcoin because its not a good idea to do so. We should always remember that no matter how big the chance of growing your mobey putting it in one basket is very risky its a 50/50 situation so you have to set aside emergency funds just incase your investment didnt work to avoid losing all your money.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vibr56

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:02:47 AM

I hade to cutloss 50% of my funds to lessen the risk.. I actually believe in Bitcoin more than any other coin, but I learned that belief is not enough, we need to be smart
logan16j

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:41:00 PM

I do have almost all my savings into bitcoin only. But right now I've learned to diversify my assets even though bitcoin is looking pretty good as of this moment despite the uncertainty as to what path should it take moving forward. To describe my holdings, we don't know what are the events or problems that may occur . Investing all your money in bitcoin is being a crazy one
strongwarrior238

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:41:42 PM

Well that is the tricky part on Trading, you don't know what Altcoin you are going to buy where you could have profits in the long run, there is a need important and abrupt but you do not have the money anymore and the only way is by selling your bitcoin and at that price down then you will incur a loss, which is also important is to understand the risk in every decision we make in spite of bitcoin prices always go up
rapperug92

Activity: 191

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:42:03 PM

You should rethink if you want to invest all your money into bitcoin. Indeed if bitcoin price increases andak will benefit from bitcoin but if bitcoin down you will lose and potentially lose. Preferably if you are new to the world of crytocoin do not invest all your money leave half for your savings. But if you want to pull it anyway, I suggest if you want more profit spread your money to more than 1 coin so that if maybe one of them will crash
elston6x

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:45:53 PM

I do have almost all my savings into bitcoin only. But right now I've learned to diversify my assets even though bitcoin is looking pretty good as of this moment despite the uncertainty as to what path should it take moving forward. To describe my holdings, we don't know what are the events or problems that may occur . Investing all your money in bitcoin is being a crazy one
Yes bitcoin is not a safe investment because of its feature called "volatile" if you want to still earn and be safe in bitcoin then it is best to put an amount that you can afford to lose because sometimes bitcoin is not that good when it comes to investment because sometimes the price go dump very hard and you will lose huge amount of money, will not be a problem if you have a fixed income to finance all off your needs but that would be a concern
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 01:56:50 PM

Yes bitcoin is not a safe investment because of its feature called "volatile" if you want to still earn and be safe in bitcoin then it is best to put an amount that you can afford to lose because sometimes bitcoin is not that good when it comes to investment because sometimes the price go dump very hard and you will lose huge amount of money, will not be a problem if you have a fixed income to finance all off your needs but that would be a concern
Basically, all of those investments remain risky, small and large. we should be aware of it before starting it. not just following technological developments, or imitating others. of course it will make you have a greater risk. You're right, you'd better invest in the amount you're ready to lose. because it's all at risk.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
214missy

Activity: 98
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:05:56 PM

That's the worst decision that you've done in your life if you do that.Always remember the golden rule in Crypto investment "Invest the money that you can afford to lose". Even you can make it double or triple i suggest not to put it all specially if it's not just your extra money.
Yes I agree with you, it is worst decision if we place all of funds into bitcoin. Of course my suggestion is do not put all my funds in bitcoin because it is very risky. Being student is not easy to earn extra income so I usually prefer to keep my bitcoin until the value will rise up, in that case I can use my extra money from bitcoin to support my study and also it served as my allowance everyday.
Lhanjhong

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:40:25 PM

I will not put all my money into bitcoin,I will not take the risk.You should think many times in making decisions like that be aware what will be the negative result.
Piterg

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:46:32 PM

You do not need to invest all the money in one basket, that is, in bitcoin, make portfolio diversification, for example, 30 percent in bitcoin, another 30 in the eth, and the rest can invest in other alcoins. So the probability of losing all money will be 0, and the winning percentage will increase
cryptocurrenciesboom

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

The Pure Proof-of-Tansaction [POT]

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:55:45 PM

I would advise keeping at least a third of the portfolio in bitcoin, because in case of unexpected and successful implementation of the project, the Lightning Network will destroy all other alternative coins and the bitcoin price will grow several times.

00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:20:24 PM

I only dared to invest 1/4 of my money into bitcoin. I do not want to pour eggs into the same basket, so the risk is very high. The remaining funds I will use in other business to share the risk. Unstable bitcoin market, fluctuated by day, depends on supply and demand. So if you invest all your capital in bitcoin you will probably lose everything.
Borisb52

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:05:43 PM

Knowingly experienced investors say: "Invest in bitcoin as much money as you are not afraid to lose." Investing in crypto-currencies is a rather risky business. But due to the wild volatility it is possible to earn very well on this. Bitcoin a year ago was worth $ 900, but now ...
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:37:50 AM

No I did not place all my funds into bitcoin. If someone did that it is like a suicide into their funds. We all know that there are no assurance of getting wealth here in bitcoin. It is like you are placing you self into fear that tomorrow you will no longer have funds. That would be the negative side of putting it all, but into the positive side, it is like you want all you funds to be double. If it will work and many people also experience that, all your wealth will be more than you have in a blink.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:56:25 AM

That's the worst decision that you've done in your life if you do that.Always remember the golden rule in Crypto investment "Invest the money that you can afford to lose". Even you can make it double or triple i suggest not to put it all specially if it's not just your extra money.
Actually many people are depending on the income from cryptocurrencies in this forum, they chose it at their main job and spend all the time for it but the point is they're good at it. So i guess your golden rule isn't wrong but it isn't right too. My golden rule is "Doing whatever you're good at it".

If the OP is really good at trading or investing , just keep doing it because it could become your main jobs like entire people in this forum .

If it's your main job, then it's an even worse decision to put all your money into it.  With another job, you're still ok if your crypto becomes nearly worthless.  If you don't have another job, then you're in trouble if it goes down enough.  Doing well at crypto trading so far doesn't guarantee in any way that you'll do well as the market evolves.
thats what you called suicide,having cryptocurrencies as main job and because of that you will put all your funds to trade?do you really want to help peple in this forum?or you just want to say a word to compensate from campaign?lets be helpful guys most of the thread here being posted to gain knowledge from what we shared.and if this kind of advice is all that we can give.better not too for the goodness of others.
Cointertrade

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:02:17 AM

dont put all eggs in one basket. keep a back up
to tell you honestly i dont put all my funds in bitcoin know why because if you put all your funds only in one place or even investing all in bitcoin ,where do you get money if you need something or lets say for your daily lives for foods clothes shelter, thats why you should not put all your funds only in one place, think for daily needs.

kamote291993

Activity: 140
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:10:21 AM
Merited by jinx029 (1)

In a way, what you think is a little bit risky most especially if you have a family like me. Though bitcoins is a best investment but individuals do have daily needs. Childrens at early ages have a lots of needs daily. So, for me because i have a family with 3 little Childrens. I only investment 65-75 percent of my personal assets to bitcoins since i am into long term investment.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:21:15 AM

Diversification is the key. Even if you think you found a golden mine. You never know. Especially now, and you have so much interesting altcoin, why only invest in Bitcoin? Grab some information over other altoins

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
streetlight

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:35:42 AM

No. Never place all your funds into one coin.
EtherATM

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:21:50 AM

No. Never place all your funds into one coin.
Yep, you are definitely wrong if you place all your fund into bitcoin, and it’s really a stupid idea I’ve heard. As far as you know that, bitcoin coin or other crypto coins is extremely risky than we know it. I’ve seen many people who regret due to the loss they’ve accepted cause of put all their money for bitcoin. This market is notoriously volatile ,all you need to do is put it as an extra work as same as an extra income ,thus you’d better use up your money for this work. Most importantly ,you should think the way to reduce the risks, it’s better than put all your fund for it.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 »
  Print  

Jump to: