Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:16:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm now accepting bitcoin!  (Read 2779 times)
joeydangerous (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 07:20:17 AM

I'm a commercial artist, and I'm going to start accepting bitcoin as payment. I just updated my site and put a bitcoin link on it. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can have my site listed on the trade section on bitcoin.org? That would be really cool for me. My site is www.joeydangerous.net, but soon it's going to be changed to www.joeydangerous.com instead, and the .net won't work, so maybe I should wait to ask? Anyway, if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 07:25:00 AM

I am running out of bitcoins(pledges, bounty donation, etc), so I can't hire you or anybody to make graphics.

If and when I have enough bitcoins, I might commission you to do a graphic novel for a story I have in mind. It's called the The Mystery Of Satoshi Nakamoto, which over-dramatize and totally made up about how and why Satoshi invented bitcoins.

Other than that, keep an eyes for bitcoin meme bounties. This is something I will definitely do more in the future. The pledges from me will be small amount, but you might be incentivized by bigger pledges. Others may offer bounty for other type of bitcoin graphics.

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 10:34:48 AM

... which over-dramatize and totally made up about how and why Satoshi invented bitcoins ...

You mean like how "SATOSHI" is just an acronym made from the names of seven electricity-generating corporations, who invented bitcoin to ensure their future profits?
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005

Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 11:31:50 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2010, 11:44:14 AM by ShadowOfHarbringer

... which over-dramatize and totally made up about how and why Satoshi invented bitcoins ...

You mean like how "SATOSHI" is just an acronym made from the names of seven electricity-generating corporations, who invented bitcoin to ensure their future profits?

Actually, Satoshi is a robot sent from the future to stop the largest currency crisis in the history of mankind, and the nuclear war that followed the political chaos caused by it.

"Use bitcoin if you want to live !"

I mean, come on - it's obvious.

Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 01:24:43 PM

No, it's a joint venture of consumer electronics corporations:

Samsung-Toshiba-Nakamichi-Motorola

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 01:27:35 PM

Now this is a comic I'll donate serious bitcoin to.
(and then post it to /b/ )

One off NP-Hard.
da2ce7
Legendary

Live and Let Live

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 01:29:43 PM

I am running out of bitcoins(pledges, bounty donation, etc), so I can't hire you or anybody to make graphics.

I can sympathize with this... They really disappear fast.

One off NP-Hard.
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 02:27:38 PM

No, it's a joint venture of consumer electronics corporations:

Samsung-Toshiba-Nakamichi-Motorola

That's only partially correct. These are the corporations who sent him back from the future. But they formed a single huge corporation in 2075, in joined effort to pefect time travel technology. Fortunately for us, they succeeded in 2083.

Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 03:42:57 PM

I'm a commercial artist, and I'm going to start accepting bitcoin as payment. I just updated my site and put a bitcoin link on it. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can have my site listed on the trade section on bitcoin.org? That would be really cool for me. My site is www.joeydangerous.net, but soon it's going to be changed to www.joeydangerous.com instead, and the .net won't work, so maybe I should wait to ask? Anyway, if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks!

Question: If we commission you draw a design, will you permit the design to be released under Creative Commons?

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
joeydangerous (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 18, 2010, 06:33:13 PM

Question: If we commission you draw a design, will you permit the design to be released under Creative Commons?

To be honest I don't even believe in intellectual property anymore. I appreciate receiving credit wherever my work is used, but I wouldn't take any legal action either way. So you can pretty much do whatever with my work.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2010, 06:53:59 PM

To be honest I don't even believe in intellectual property anymore. I appreciate receiving credit wherever my work is used, but I wouldn't take any legal action either way. So you can pretty much do whatever with my work.

Awesome. I'll keep you in mind in case I ever need anything.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Anonymous

November 19, 2010, 12:24:31 AM

Things that make you go hmmmm.

they have shared technologies with Earth for hundreds of thousands of years

The Nubirians supposedly were among the ancient Sumerians who introduced the first MONEY using seashells . Their ancient tablets have drawings of the solar system with ten planets with the tenth planet being Nubiru

it is interesting that Nibiru is symbolised by the Egyptians as a winged Sun disc
Have you noticed the official bitcoin logo is a golden disc ?

Nubirians are supposed to guide humanity to ascension and make us realise we are creatures of pure energy . It is just funny that bitcoin is based on energy which will let us trade with the nubirians  Cheesy.

sources-

http://www.treeofthegoldenlight.com/First_Contact/mike_quinsey/mikes%20articles/nibiruans1.htm

Zecharia Sitchin - recently passed away....
http://www.sitchin.com/index.htm

Not saying I believe any of this but
Roll on 2012   Cheesy
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 01:19:28 AM

The Nubirians supposedly were among the ancient Sumerians who introduced the first MONEY using seashells . Their ancient tablets have drawings of the solar system with ten planets with the tenth planet being Nubiru

Don't you mean 12 planets, counting the Sun as one?  I believe that you are referring to Memoirs of an Extraterrestrial God and The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin .  It was a fine story, but a terrible theory.  The entire thing is dependent upon massaging the myths of ancient history into a coherent whole.  I will admit that it's possible that it's accurate, but I would say that the Pentateuch is more likely to be historicly accurate than the wild speculations of a half-mad scholar of long dead languages.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Anonymous

November 19, 2010, 01:44:24 AM

Don't you mean 12 planets, counting the Sun as one?  I believe that you are referring to Memoirs of an Extraterrestrial God and The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin .  It was a fine story, but a terrible theory.  The entire thing is dependent upon massaging the myths of ancient history into a coherent whole.  I will admit that it's possible that it's accurate, but I would say that the Pentateuch is more likely to be historicly accurate than the wild speculations of a half-mad scholar of long dead languages.

Its usually  the half mad who come up with some of the best theories  Grin

You'd be considered mad for saying the world was round once upon a time....

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 01:52:57 AM

Its usually  the half mad who come up with some of the best theories  Grin

You'd be considered mad for saying the world was round once upon a time....

Maybe so.  But if ZS was even close, we will know with fair certainty when the Mayan long calender runs out in Dec of 2012.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
ShadowOfHarbringer
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 08:22:58 AM

Nubirians are supposed to guide humanity to ascension and make us realise we are creatures of pure energy . It is just funny that bitcoin is based on energy which will let us trade with the nubirians  Cheesy.

Now, about ancient Sumerians, that was an ...unlucky accident.
Unfortunately it came up, that during the early tests of the temporal spacetime vortex activator in 2078 a small part of the S.A.T.O.S.H.I. team was jumped back to about 4700 BC without a possibility of going back.

All the employees of SATOSHI corp were given strict orders not to interfere with the timeline, but it looks that either them or some of their descendants broke that rule which probably gave birth to Sumerian civilization.

da2ce7
Legendary

Live and Let Live

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 11:28:41 AM

where is kiba? we need a bitcion comic bounty already!  For what it is worth I pledge 50BTC!

One off NP-Hard.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
November 19, 2010, 02:52:22 PM

where is kiba? we need a bitcion comic bounty already!  For what it is worth I pledge 50BTC!

Running out of BTCs, that's what.

da2ce7
Legendary

Live and Let Live

View Profile
November 21, 2010, 01:42:15 PM

Running out of BTCs, that's what.

I know what you mean, well I have two stores of bitcoin, those for long term investment, and those to promote with.

One off NP-Hard.
tyler

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2010, 01:31:07 AM

Things that make you go hmmmm.

they have shared technologies with Earth for hundreds of thousands of years

it is interesting that Nibiru is symbolised by the Egyptians as a winged Sun disc
Have you noticed the official bitcoin logo is a golden disc ?

sources-

http://www.treeofthegoldenlight.com/First_Contact/mike_quinsey/mikes%20articles/nibiruans1.htm

Zecharia Sitchin - recently passed away....
http://www.sitchin.com/index.htm

Not saying I believe any of this but
Roll on 2012   Cheesy

Reminds me of stargate universe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: