Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:50:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trojan Wallet stealer be careful  (Read 180114 times)
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 06:14:14 AM

Yea let's take tips from the guy with mass neg rating sure sure. That site is clearly a scam. It even has a weird as hell address. Think if you download such a thing you deserve what comes next.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 06:41:41 PM

Guys something suspicious in my laptop its running slow  and i open the task manager my cpu usage is full and i think my laptop is infected by trojan what should i doo guys  can you help me.. even i scan or full scan using kaspersky never detected any virus on my pc.. guys help i strong believe this is an trojan stealer that i got i think in altcoin wallet.. looks like some altcoin has backdoor script...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
xybersurfer

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 01:03:05 PM

Guys something suspicious in my laptop its running slow  and i open the task manager my cpu usage is full and i think my laptop is infected by trojan what should i doo guys  can you help me.. even i scan or full scan using kaspersky never detected any virus on my pc.. guys help i strong believe this is an trojan stealer that i got i think in altcoin wallet.. looks like some altcoin has backdoor script...

which process is using all the cpu? (look in taskmanager)

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2016, 02:14:13 PM

svchost.exe has 80% of my cpu used by this can you help how to solve this issue in my laptop?
Im wondering that this is trojan virus or what.. im looking and search solution in google but i cant change the local services.. looks like unable to choose manual instead of automatic..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 04, 2016, 06:46:27 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2016, 12:06:26 PM by machinek20

Guys something suspicious in my laptop its running slow  and i open the task manager my cpu usage is full and i think my laptop is infected by trojan what should i doo guys  can you help me.. even i scan or full scan using kaspersky never detected any virus on my pc.. guys help i strong believe this is an trojan stealer that i got i think in altcoin wallet.. looks like some altcoin has backdoor script...

svchost.exe has 80% of my cpu used by this can you help how to solve this issue in my laptop?
Im wondering that this is trojan virus or what.. im looking and search solution in google but i cant change the local services.. looks like unable to choose manual instead of automatic..
you should try malware byte, supper strong to clean virus and ad ware, if that is not working try to use kaspersky, its the best antivirus i ever used, its really recommended
Drakrmaster

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 03:57:12 PM

Guys he got -ve trust hard to believe him
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 06:19:31 AM

wow thanks for the tip , but does this apply to hardware wallet too ?

Nice Tips. Also make sure you enable 2FA and keep your password strong and secret. That will be
enough to keep your wallet and sound. Never share your passwords.
ferrari4luv

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 06:31:41 PM

A scam reported by a scammer.... who post links....

you just gotta love bitcoin
  Hmmmmm  Bitcoin is sweet and convenient to use, but with time i believe better security will be built around the currency.
lewis.jr

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 12:17:34 AM

What i do is have my wallet on a dedicated machine that is never used for anything at all!, Encrypted partitions don't hurt. But I guess no on e can every really be truly secure! Perhaps transfer your money to a wallet that is never used online! stored in a couple of External drives. Maybe in gmail, a nice strong password in 7zip is VITAL! Operating system doesn't matter, Linux isn't more secure because it's better but because its not as profitable! If 50%+ of the world was on Ubuntu there would be just as much crap on there too!
Not entirely true. Linux is absolutely more secure by design, and even *if* more than half of the world was using Linux for their desktop machines, it would be considerably harder to write successful hardware for Linux systems than it would be for Windows systems.
I do agree however that a wallet stealer would be just as successful on Linux, seeing as your wallet is stored in your /home directory, and is thus accessible freely by anything you run. A "wallet stealer" really isn't anything more than something that emails/uploads a file in your user directory.

If anything, the wallet needs to be encrypted by default (through the client, and not by third-party software, so that you never need to have an unencrypted copy accessible as is the case with Truecrypt etc).
I totally agree. Default encryption is really needed. Amazing how such a secure network is so insecure at the client level. Something has to be put in place ASAP.

same here
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:19:33 PM

there are so many people who got scammed with bitcoins and not even scammed there are allot of hackers around the bitcoin so if you want to use a hardware wallet please take the trusted ones choose some out of these topics.
TRICHED

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:46:20 AM

There is a (new?) trojan wallet stealer out in the wild ATM.

Plenty of script kiddies and scammers are going to be trying to get you to download and install it, what's more they'll be putting posts to do so (using lies obviously).

Don't install anything linked to on this forum, unless it's been found by someone with a good reputation to be legit. Assume everything is an attempt to steal your wallet.

You should also encrypt your wallet when not in use.
http://www.freeotfe.org/

Here is a portable apps version http://www.freeotfe.org/downloads/FreeOTFEExplorer_3_51.paf.exe

You have been warned.

Nefario
Thanks for the warning and the link to this *cough* software.

I agree it is ironic even though the software was legit or not in a funny sort of way..

I agree ahahha
madjules007

Activity: 400

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 12:08:45 AM

Zomg old topic lol

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
willy_00

Activity: 70

Age does not limit my ability

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 07:43:17 AM

Many RATs set their process name as svchost.exe as it is a system process. A trojan stealer can normally be detected with a antivirus. It could be a keylogger too. I suggest you try to locate the file that is running. It usually can be found in the temp folder or the Appdata folder.
That's where most virus hide. Delete the file and remove the auto startup instructions from the task manager.

Hello, nothing much here
Kevin29

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:23:28 AM

Thanks for the tip!!
killerjoegreece
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007

Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2016, 08:24:09 AM

Many RATs set their process name as svchost.exe as it is a system process. A trojan stealer can normally be detected with a antivirus. It could be a keylogger too. I suggest you try to locate the file that is running. It usually can be found in the temp folder or the Appdata folder.
That's where most virus hide. Delete the file and remove the auto startup instructions from the task manager.

wow so much great info i did not know about.
willy_00

Activity: 70

Age does not limit my ability

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 10:04:05 AM

wow so much great info i did not know about.
Fun fact: I am just 14

Hello, nothing much here
Doraiimon

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:49:49 AM

Plenty of script kiddies and scammers are going to be trying to get you to download and install it, what's more they'll be putting posts to do so (using lies obviously).

Don't install anything linked to on this forum, unless it's been found by someone with a good reputation to be legit. Assume everything is an attempt to steal your wallet.

Here is a portable apps version http[Suspicious link removed]

You have been warned.

Nefario
Link don't work
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 08:45:28 AM

Here is a portable apps version http://www.freeotfe.org/downloads/FreeOTFEExplorer_3_51.paf.exe

You have been warned.

Nefario

This is the most stupid post I have read so far in bitcointalk.
I mean WTH man, you warn us not to download/install anything from this forum and yet you just wrote your own malicious link.
Nobody will get fooled by this. Especially by that ridiculously negative trust of yours.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2016, 09:17:16 AM

I mean WTH man, you warn us not to download/install anything from this forum and yet you just wrote your own malicious link.
The link isn't malicious, it's a download to a disk encryption program. There is a difference between downloading a program from a trusted URL and downloading something from a shady one.
Why would the staff allow a topic with a malicious link to be stickied?

Nobody will get fooled by this. Especially by that ridiculously negative trust of yours.
AFAIK Nefario wasn't negatively trusted at the time of this  posting. The trust system didn't exist back then, and I'm guessing it was prior to recieving his scammer tag.
white.walker

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 15, 2016, 04:23:15 AM

thanks for this share !

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: