Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:45:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trojan Wallet stealer be careful  (Read 180118 times)
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 06:07:13 PM

Don't install anything linked to on this forum, unless it's been found by someone with a good reputation to be legit. Assume everything is an attempt to steal your wallet.

You first told us this. And then...

send us a link !!

Very clever huh
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quicker_777

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 05:20:55 PM

Nice - 2 "hero" members who are now labeled scammers.  Best tread carefully with clicking on links in these forums.   Tongue
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:38:29 PM

Don't install anything linked to on this forum, unless it's been found by someone with a good reputation to be legit. Assume everything is an attempt to steal your wallet.

You first told us this. And then...

send us a link !!

Very clever huh
That was hilarious.
d3m0n1q_733rz

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2013, 06:02:42 AM

There is a (new?) trojan wallet stealer out in the wild ATM.

Plenty of script kiddies and scammers are going to be trying to get you to download and install it, what's more they'll be putting posts to do so (using lies obviously).

You should also encrypt your wallet when not in use.
http://www.freeotfe.org/

Here is a portable apps version http://www.freeotfe.org/downloads/FreeOTFEExplorer_3_51.paf.exe

You have been warned.

Nefario
Okay, that's some funny stuff right there.  Tongue

Funroll_Loops, the theoretically quicker breakfast cereal!
Check out http://www.facebook.com/JupiterICT for all of your computing needs.  If you need it, we can get it.  We have solutions for your computing conundrums.  BTC accepted!  12HWUSguWXRCQKfkPeJygVR1ex5wbg3hAq
razorfishsl

Activity: 399

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 10:41:31 PM

A scam reported by a scammer.... who post links....

you just gotta love bitcoin

High Quality USB Hubs for Bitcoin miners
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560003
Polarstorm

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:00:31 AM

Jep, very cool thread.  Grin

Auszug aus der Falltime Datenbank, eintrag Keule: Primitiv, aber effektiv. Alles was es braucht um diese, wieder in Mode gekommene, Waffe herzustellen sind ein paar rostige Nägel, ein gutes Stück Holz und der unbedingte Wille anderen den Schädel einzuschlagen.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 03:09:23 PM

Plenty of script kiddies and scammers are going to be trying to get you to download and install it, what's more they'll be putting posts to do so (using lies obviously).

Here is a portable apps version http://www.freeotfe.org/downloads/FreeOTFEExplorer_3_51.paf.exe

You have been warned.

Nefario

I don't get it why just encrypting my wallet is not enough?

Anyway never store unencrypted versions of your wallet...
It would be the same as storing an unencrypted video of you having sex with your girlfriend and an encrypted one at the same place!

I don't trust any of your links due to you being scammer tagged....

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
russ

Activity: 59

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:24:04 PM

seems legit - why is this a sticky?
aynstein

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

Fortune favors the bold, and sometimes the bald.

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:33:16 AM

I give him - 2 points for stupidity, but +1 for boldness and +1 for making me interested enough to post this. All in all, I broke even.

AltaVista 4 Life!
shuttleclock

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:04:10 AM

Even so, won't it be detected by mainstream anti viruses already?  Undecided

A scam reported by a scammer.... who post links....

you just gotta love bitcoin
+1
Just coming here to say the same thing, lol
Feneusens

Activity: 275

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 11:17:20 AM

You have been warned.

Nefario

Are you asking us to download your trojan instead???

ninjatflex

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:55:02 AM

Thanks for the heads-up Nefario I'm downloading and encrypting as I type this to protect my hard-earned coins! Smiley

lolnotreally
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:21:58 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 09:31:55 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
mare

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 11:29:48 PM

Also: May I ask why the original poster has a large red "SCAMMER" warning, in his profile?  Grin That definitely made my day.

that's why: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115669.0
SquashJ

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:48:03 AM

Even so, won't it be detected by mainstream anti viruses already?  Undecided

Not if the program was developed from scratch for this particular purpose (which is likely), and the developer is talented.
julie_bell

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:18:31 AM

Good tip!Thanks!
kazzy

Activity: 150
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:14:00 AM

Damn that is crazy! You think it'll get into an encrypted mac with an encrypted wallet?
hostmaster

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 07:51:16 PM

You don't need to encrypt your wallet. You can just move your bitcoin data folder usually located in %appdata% to another location, and edit the bitcoin client shortcut's target from:

Code:
"C:\bitcoin-install-directory"

to

Code:
"C:\bitcoin-install-directory" -datadir=C:\bitcoin-data-folder
This is great tip. Some hac.kers  which uses scanner tools first checks appdata directory actually maybe we should develop to insert a tool in bitcoin software to able to change it.. This will very much help to protect wallet.dat
omegaflare

Activity: 331

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:54:06 AM

Just use Armory: all digital wallets are encrypted.

If a hacker gets a hold of your digital wallet and it's encrypted with AES256. It will take hackers approximately 1.56 billion years to crack the encrypted password.

I am not even worried.

Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:08:15 AM

Just use Armory: all digital wallets are encrypted.

If a hacker gets a hold of your digital wallet and it's encrypted with AES256. It will take hackers approximately 1.56 billion years to crack the encrypted password.

I am not even worried.

Why would they bother to try to crack it?  The same malware that steals your wallet will just steal your passphrase next time you use it.  And even if there isn't a passphrase stealer, you're assuming you are anywhere near as good at picking strong passphrases as you think you are (the fact that you say 'password' rather than 'passphrase' is not a good start).

Using Armory is good advice, but if you have a non-trivial balance you should be using cold storage, which is where Armory comes into its own.

roy
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: