Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:20:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum exchange rate on what basis?  (Read 2204 times)
bitcoingenerat0r (OP)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 06:21:21 PM

It says fewer USD than blockchain.info for the same amount of bitcoins.
How do I update the exchange rate? Can Electrum automatically update the exchange rates?
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pontius

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:23:51 PM

It says fewer USD than blockchain.info for the same amount of bitcoins.
This is rather funny as Electrum uses the "blockchain.info" API for the exchange rates.

How do I update the exchange rate? Can Electrum automatically update the exchange rates?
When Electrum starts it fetches the latest data from "blockchain.info/ticker" and uses the 15 minutes average for the rates. If you need to update these quotes you've to restart Electrum.
Doomer

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Rider of comets, and brother to the nebulae

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 01:29:37 AM

It's most of the times wrong (10-20 $ or even more up or down than the current exchange rate) and sometimes is saying "no FX rate available".

Why not just taking the Coindesk bpi, or the Coinbase or any other exchange rate? Now that there are widgets for our mobiles displaying the current exchange rate, and we can setup which excahnge we want (Coindesk, Coibase, Kraken or whatever), I suppose it isn't difficult to do something similar in Electrum.
RustyNomad

Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2015, 05:58:44 AM

Electrum already offers you a selection of about 15 exchanges you can use together with the Exchange rate plugin.

Just go to the settings of the plugin and change it to the exchange you prefer. Note, not all of them offer historical prices.
Doomer

Merit: 251

Rider of comets, and brother to the nebulae

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 01:33:10 AM

Electrum already offers you a selection of about 15 exchanges you can use together with the Exchange rate plugin.

Just go to the settings of the plugin and change it to the exchange you prefer. Note, not all of them offer historical prices.
Ah, yes, of course! Seems I was blind! Roll Eyes Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: