Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:03:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the difference between a "coin" and "token"?  (Read 8160 times)
Renu kapoor

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 05:06:29 PM

These are two name of the same one thing actually tokens are the first reward paid or allotted by a company against the work done for the company which are secondly converted in to tokens the main reward of the same company against the same work done for the company.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:20:24 PM

The coin is an Altcoin produced with its ecosystem, just as NEO and ETH are considered currency when they have their ecosystem. Tokens are created based on other coins such as NEO and ETH. Based on Altcoin's foundation, we can distinguish it as a Coin or Token.

baronandr

Activity: 244

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:13:05 PM

I've heard of some companies offering tokens instead of coins, is this the same thing?

The difference between coins and tokens is the way they are created. Tokens, unlike coins, are created much easier. The creation of tokens is limited by the choice of platform + tokens are almost always created on a special basis.
Greedy squirrel

Activity: 296
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:16:02 PM

I've heard of some companies offering tokens instead of coins, is this the same thing?

The difference is obvious. Much has been said about this. It seems to me that we need to talk about the prospects for development. It seems to me that coins have a better foundation than tokens. I try to avoid tokens when investing Cheesy
riptv

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:19:48 PM

as  i  know coin   is  used for  using  moneys  in general  or  exchange  and  token  is  about   application   and  this  is  my knowledge  about this.
Georgiyk

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 04:21:16 PM

Tokens and coins have significant differences. Unlike a token, any coin can be called a cryptocurrency. Tokens are not cryptocurrency, they are rather a kind of access key to the service provided by the project that issued such a token.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
SandraStark

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 08:51:07 PM

I also found out quite late about the difference between a token and a coin)) But everything turned out to be quite simple!
A coin is a digital currency that is used for settlements within a particular technology. (In most cryptocurrencies, this is the blockchain technology).
 A token is a kind of financial instrument that an investor receives from a company in exchange for his money. Possession of this tool implies a warranty.
But if you are only a bounty hunter, there is no difference what to earn. Smiley I think so)
pretfeestje

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:31:14 PM

Apart from the difference in their names, and pronunciations, coins and tokens also differ in the way that while coins are a more advanced technology with a blockchain of their, tokens are less advanced, and have to depend on the blockchain technology of coins for their existence, and survival. I hope this helps  Wink
Zdraste16

Activity: 442
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:20:10 PM

Coin, fixed, cryptocurrency.  Actively traded on all crypto exchanges.
 Markers are created by companies leading ICO, and, as a rule, are completely new means of payment.  Depending on which coin the token is attached to, it may have a specific block chain.
marcitosi

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:26:58 PM

you later change the tokens to coins, since any cryptocurrency has its own coins

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: