Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:28:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AntPool - switch to Bitcoin Unlimited  (Read 3572 times)
Variogam

Activity: 276
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:37:02 PM

Probably nothing going to happen for some time. But if Core stance wont change, then more miners might join BU later this year. If Core wont hear the whole community by accepting a compromise with BU, then we going to see chain split for sure, probably this year. While I preffer compromise, the second best option is the split, and the worst option is continue with status quo and crippled Bitcoin.
I don't think the worst option is to maintain the status quo, compromise would be better and then compromise, if there is a hard fork the price of bitcoin will plummet overnight, so it is not good for the users and the investors.

There is difference between split and hard fork. For sucessfull hard fork producting no split, there need to be compromises most agree to. But if Core dont want to talk to whole community and provide compromised proposal including the necessary onchain size increase together with malleability fix, then others have to do it instead. There is no takeover at all, just free market at work - when Core dont deliver what market wants, other going to deliver sonner or later. Thats the reason BU is on the rise.

BU has around of 40% now....so...it's not so much. Another big miner and i think it's done.

Antpool appears to have only moved some of it's servers to Unlimited

https://coin.dance/blocks

Shows plenty of Antpool blocks not signalling anything.

are they switching back now that bitcoin unlimited is show to ahve that bug and to be an unreliable chain? or they are still mining there, and if yes how are they selling their bitcoin mined there there are no merchants for BU yet

Only Chinese servers switched to BU so far, so about half of Antpool blocks are producted with BU. And BU blocks mined with BU are 100% compatible with Bitcoin - maybe you have some Bitcoins from BU blocks subsidy as well Wink
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:40:54 PM

the most important thing is that AntPool, the biggest BTC miner is switching to Bitcoin Unlimited... the rest of the things, do not matter Smiley
Dizaster2015

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 03:52:13 PM

I do not like this situation at all. The price of bitcoin fell only on the news of the event, which may not happen. I think that the split will bring all the big losses. I do not want it(
I now do not know whether I will keep the bitcoins
mayax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:01:12 PM

the other miners will follow them. as we can see, the biggest exchangers want a change too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: