Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:32:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CANCELLED] High Frequency Trading Algorithm ETF IPO  (Read 6090 times)
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 04:56:33 PM

Why does it sounds like JDBIF (jokerdragon) on Cryptostocks.... hmmmm

I think the following campaign advertisement will work more effectively for your IPO.
Hello, Bitcoiners,
look at Joker, now back to me, now back at your coins, now back to me.
Gladly, you got some coins, but if you stopped investing in others and switch to us,
you could possibly be scammed by me. Look down, back up, where are coins?
You’re on a boat that is sinking under the sea. What’s in your hand, our shares.
I have it, it sounds too good like an HYIP?
Look again, the shares are now worth nothing.
Anything is possible when you can trust some random guys in Bitcoin.
I’m now rich

Yeah, Crypto has JDBIF and Bitfunder has Exchange.ESIF, so only fair BTC.CO gets one (a mainly USD denominated fund run by someone with no history in the community, no evidence that they've every made a profit doing anything, no accounts of any sort provided and zero explanation of how their trading will influence unit price to any significant extent compared to the BTC/USD exchange-rate's impact).  Though this one actually seems to have a set price for units (though laughably claims the market will actually set it - as though he actually expects $2.5 million or whatever to be handed to him in a rush allowing him to sell out and remove his price ceiling) - which is more than either of the other two ever managed to date.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stslimited (OP)

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:51:36 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 11:19:38 PM by stslimited

Why does it sounds like JDBIF (jokerdragon) on Cryptostocks.... hmmmm

I think the following campaign advertisement will work more effectively for your IPO.
Hello, Bitcoiners,
look at Joker, now back to me, now back at your coins, now back to me.
Gladly, you got some coins, but if you stopped investing in others and switch to us,
you could possibly be scammed by me. Look down, back up, where are coins?
You’re on a boat that is sinking under the sea. What’s in your hand, our shares.
I have it, it sounds too good like an HYIP?
Look again, the shares are now worth nothing.
Anything is possible when you can trust some random guys in Bitcoin.
I’m now rich

Yeah, Crypto has JDBIF and Bitfunder has Exchange.ESIF, so only fair BTC.CO gets one (a mainly USD denominated fund run by someone with no history in the community, no evidence that they've every made a profit doing anything, no accounts of any sort provided and zero explanation of how their trading will influence unit price to any significant extent compared to the BTC/USD exchange-rate's impact).  Though this one actually seems to have a set price for units (though laughably claims the market will actually set it - as though he actually expects $2.5 million or whatever to be handed to him in a rush allowing him to sell out and remove his price ceiling) - which is more than either of the other two ever managed to date.

Okay I was able to look those two funds up.

Jokerdragon's seems to have been running for a year, the screenshots on the blog sites are interesting because some people wanted to see something similar from this offering.

Exchange.ESIF's thread pretty much has the exact same scrutiny as mine, except all by you.

Which reveals to me a better question to ask: Are you actually looking to buy shares of similarly structured securities at all?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 11:59:39 PM

Yeah, Crypto has JDBIF and Bitfunder has Exchange.ESIF, so only fair BTC.CO gets one (a mainly USD denominated fund run by someone with no history in the community, no evidence that they've every made a profit doing anything, no accounts of any sort provided and zero explanation of how their trading will influence unit price to any significant extent compared to the BTC/USD exchange-rate's impact).  Though this one actually seems to have a set price for units (though laughably claims the market will actually set it - as though he actually expects $2.5 million or whatever to be handed to him in a rush allowing him to sell out and remove his price ceiling) - which is more than either of the other two ever managed to date.

Also GLBSE had BDT or BDK or w/e that bitdaytrade thing was called. Remember bitdaytrade?

HFT trading on 1hr+ lag MtGox & co, it's happenin'.

Which reveals to me a better question to ask: Are you actually looking to buy shares of similarly structured securities at all?

No, he's looking for more usagis. Apparently the original one is getting kinda worn at the seams.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Deprived

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:58:57 AM

Jokerdragon's seems to have been running for a year, the screenshots on the blog sites are interesting because some people wanted to see something similar from this offering.

His is an outrgiht scam.

He promised 20% dividends per month, stopped paying and vanished once sales dried up.  Then about 5 months later he shows back up says he didn't pay dividends because he was increasing the share's NAV then explains he can't buy back because the share price has fallen.  Or some such bullshit.

Last time I looked the screenshots on his blog showed evidence of nothing - as nowhere was there anything identifying any of them as being related at all to any activity conducted by him.

Rather than worrying about the questions we ask, focus on the answers.  Think to yourself : "What can I do to prove that my business and algorithm are real and make a profit denominated in Bitcoins."  If you address that then nearly all the questions asked so far will be answered.  I emboldened the last part - as proving a small profit in USD is worthless.  Over any significant length of time just holding Bitcoins has made a good profit if expressed in USD - with no counter-party risk.

And to answer your last point - yes, people DO want to invest in this sort of thing.  But they want to know:

a.  That the issuer can actually do it.
b.  That it will outperform just holding Bitcoins.
c.  That the plans of the asset issuer actually make sense.

Yours almost certainly fails on one of b. or c.  With the funds you're asking for there's no way you can use them all on BTC.E - and the only other alternatives you've suggested are USD sites where you're unlikely to outperform just holding BTC (it's NOT totally impossible - just highly unlikely that you can do it AND have to come post on a forum to raise capital).
J_Coin

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 02:58:48 AM

I started this thread cautiously interested, I think you (STS) have been actually treated very politely considering how little you have offered.

So far it seems you are trying to rip people off either through massive incompetence or deceit and you are doing such a bad job at it, it is insulting.
Rodyland

Activity: 499

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:24:19 AM

I started this thread cautiously interested, I think you (STS) have been actually treated very politely considering how little you have offered.

So far it seems you are trying to rip people off either through massive incompetence or deceit and you are doing such a bad job at it, it is insulting.

LOL @ being insulted at a poor scam attempt. 

Q. What sort of scammers are these Bitcoiners?
A. Nothing but the best!

Cheesy

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:10:12 PM

LOL @ being insulted at a poor scam attempt. 

Q. What sort of scammers are these Bitcoiners?
A. Nothing but the best!

Cheesy

Damn straight.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
BTC_USER_014

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 02:04:54 PM

Just to report, Im receiving dividends from my JDBIF scam shares  Tongue It is paying a bit every day. And I withdraw ASAP.  Grin
stslimited (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:10:16 PM

Just to report, Im receiving dividends from my JDBIF scam shares  Tongue It is paying a bit every day. And I withdraw ASAP.  Grin

lol, thats funny because the crux of 3 pages worth of "why this fund is a scam" was based on that other person's fund being a scam in the past

BTC_USER_014

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:07:20 PM

lol, thats funny because the crux of 3 pages worth of "why this fund is a scam" was based on that other person's fund being a scam in the past

lol, yep, you can't judge ev1 equaly, oh my...  Grin
stslimited (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:45:07 AM

Just to report, Im receiving dividends from my JDBIF scam shares  Tongue It is paying a bit every day. And I withdraw ASAP.  Grin

lol, yep, you can't judge ev1 equaly, oh my...  Grin

I'm a little disappointed that the company's name is now associated with the near-libelous accusations in this thread on search engines, I knew that was a risk but I thought I was being transparent
BTC_USER_014

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:16:34 PM

Just to report, Im receiving dividends from my JDBIF scam shares  Tongue It is paying a bit every day. And I withdraw ASAP.  Grin

lol, yep, you can't judge ev1 equaly, oh my...  Grin

I'm a little disappointed that the company's name is now associated with the near-libelous accusations in this thread on search engines, I knew that was a risk but I thought I was being transparent

until they pay dividends I really don't care what people call it, lol  Cool
Deprived

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 10:30:35 PM

Every ponzi/scam pays out dividends.

Until they stop.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: