Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:14:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxation: You Can Always Leave.  (Read 3046 times)
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:47:00 AM

omg dude.  I know you want to be right in an argument with me and I'm frustrating the piss out of you but you don't get it.  it's much easier to live off the grid than you think.  I do pay taxes, but I have also spent time living off the grid.  if you can grow food or acquire it and you can find shelter it's really not as hard as you think. homeless can be a lifestyle choice, but it is most often used to describe mentally Ill men a large percentage of whom were Vietnam era soldiers and sailors.  those Indians in your video were "homeless".  repeat after me: Mike Christ still has much to learn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:50:31 AM

It is apparent that neither Mike nor Viceroy has read the links I put in my post.  You have to pay taxes IF you use federally connected activities to earn your "income".  That's a pretty narrow definition.  FUD and deceit play a big role in financially supporting the US government.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:53:12 AM

true enough but I did spend 10 minutes I will never get back watching the OP's hilarious video.
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:55:39 AM

omg dude.  I know you want to be right in an argument with me and I'm frustrating the piss out of you but you don't get it.  it's much easier to live off the grid than you think.  I do pay taxes, but I have also spent time living off the grid.  if you can grow food or acquire it and you can find shelter it's really not as hard as you think. homeless can be a lifestyle choice, but it is most often used to describe mentally Ill men a large percentage of whom were Vietnam era soldiers and sailors.  repeat after me: Mike Christ still has much to learn

I do have much to learn.  However, because you've failed to learn when you were my age, and thus decided you would stop learning because you've "had enough", you're now completely disconnected with the real world.  I take pride in knowing I have much to learn, and I never want to stop.  You, on the other hand, will never get it.  I don't need to prove I'm correct; I don't think there's anyone here who considers your arguments worthwhile.  Everything you've said has been a reflection: hell, there's even one here.

I know you want to be right in an argument with me

All you must do is shut your eyes, close your ears, and proclaim you are right before ever having been shown why you're wrong at almost every level.  Why?  For stupid reasons.  Mostly bigotry, but I assume the rest is because you're too high to care.

Repeat after me:  Ignorance is bliss.

It is apparent that neither Mike nor Viceroy has read the links I put in my post.  You have to pay taxes IF you use federally connected activities to earn your "income".  That's a pretty narrow definition.  FUD and deceit play a big role in financially supporting the US government.

Really sorry; I was caught up in a pointless fight.  Thing is, battling the IRS, even when they're wrong, is time-consuming and can be costly.  I've recently learned of a prospective governor of Nevada who plans on severing ties with the IRS; this is the first time I've heard of anyone actually confronting the IRS and telling them to stay out of their lives.

joulesbeef

Activity: 476

moOo

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:00:30 AM

why do people tend to do so well here, rather than somewhere like somalia? Why do so many of our children grow up to do well for themselves and provide for themselves? ok we got this bitchen market thing going on, but why does it work so well for us? we have a 15 trillion dollar gdp with a country of 300million. We have our share of resources, but nothing exceptional like some countries. So why do we do so well? It's our entire system. It is our school system, which yeah could be better, but looking at some countries, it could be a hell of a lot worse too. It's our infrastructure and roads, and sure there can be private roads, there are private roads, but not everywhere and it is useful for my business to be able to get materials from a wide range of places, as well as product to a wide range of people. I also benefit from having employees that can actually read and write, as well as customers who are smart enough and able to earn income above what they need to survive, so that they can shop at my shop.

The two most retarded ideologies ever thought up, are communism and pure libertarianism. One thinks the government can do everything for you and society, and the other thinks the free market can do absolutely everything for you and society.

Some things shouldnt be in the private market, like prisons. Somethings should

mooo for rent
Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:01:45 AM

mike, stop and think  BEFORE you start writing.  nobody cares what you think.  learn that to be true now and you might succeed.  keep acting like you are the answer and you'll end up miserable.  nobody cares what you think, mike.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:03:36 AM

well said electric beef
dscotese

Activity: 444

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 05:04:35 AM

Really sorry; I was caught up in a pointless fight.  Thing is, battling the IRS, even when they're wrong, is time-consuming and can be costly.  I've recently learned of a prospective governor of Nevada who plans on severing ties with the IRS; this is the first time I've heard of anyone actually confronting the IRS and telling them to stay out of their lives.
Hendrickson's site is full of people who have traded some mails with the IRS and ended up with a check (One of the links I posted - "Every which way but loose" aaEWWBL).  It's also full of people who didn't have to trade any mails - they just made an "educated" filing and the IRS handled it properly the first time (Another link, "More victories", which has several pages of scanned refund checks).

I studied the EWWBL pages for a while to conclude that the government is not as depraved as (I assume) you show in your video.  Or perhaps they are, but they aren't (yet?) willing to go public with the "violate the law because we need revenue" strategy to all their peons.  They have an image to protect, and that means we can still get them to follow the laws.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 05:06:02 AM

The two most retarded ideologies ever thought up, are communism and pure libertarianism. One thinks the government can do everything for you and society, and the other thinks the free market can do absolutely everything for you and society.

Is it really so outlandish to think that removing government monopoly on the industries it controls might be a good thing?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:14:08 AM

Hendrickson's site is full of people who have traded some mails with the IRS and ended up with a check (One of the links I posted - "Every which way but loose" aaEWWBL).  It's also full of people who didn't have to trade any mails - they just made an "educated" filing and the IRS handled it properly the first time (Another link, "More victories", which has several pages of scanned refund checks).

I studied the EWWBL pages for a while to conclude that the government is not as depraved as (I assume) you show in your video.  Or perhaps they are, but they aren't (yet?) willing to go public with the "violate the law because we need revenue" strategy to all their peons.  They have an image to protect, and that means we can still get them to follow the laws.

I've seen a few stories about people battling the IRS and eventually winning, without having to resort to lawyers.  Right, it's that image which keeps anyone from questioning the government; because most everyone pays their taxes (or at least, pays whatever taxes that are automatically swallowed by sales, property and whatever's taken out of their paycheck), the government hasn't generally been open about forcing their citizens to pay up.  Rather, they use the schools they own to beat the idea into children that "everyone pays their fair share" etc., so by the time your brain's been fried and out of high school, you're ready to go to work (sometimes college, but in my area, most people stick with working.)  Nobody really questions why they pay taxes; they mostly just know it goes into roads and pays for ambulances.  My personal beef with it stems from paying for war and social security; I wouldn't mind paying taxes, if I could control how those taxes were spent.  I have no control over that, nor do I control how much I pay.  Even if one disagreed with complete anarchy, I don't believe the system we have now is preferable or functional long-term.  (We could refer to ancient Rome as an example of a powerful society which stumbled and fell.)

Anyway, it's easier when your citizens aren't well versed in politics or tax law.  Just so happens, public schools will never mention anarchy or even bother with alternatives to our current system; communism is painted evil and the military can do no wrong.  It's a cycle, and one that's being broken through the Internet.

FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:32:27 AM

that was quite possibly the most naive presentation I've ever seen.  the cloud is an idiot who keeps suggesting that if you don't pay your taxes and a policeman comes to the door and you draw a gun you will die... therefore if you don't pay your taxes you die. holy shit boy, do you really think it's that simple?  we stopped jailing paupers hundreds of years ago.

are you going to privately fund a highway?  ROFL!

how about getting some cops to lock up Jeff., guess you'd need taxes for that huh?

I was waiting for the skeleton to tell the idiot to leave and then he broke down and asked what if the Indians want their land back?   oh my fucking god boy, do you actually subscribe to this nonsense?

look me up in a few decades after your mommy stops wiping your ass and paying your Internet bill!

In a few decades, someone will be wiping your ass.  That's not a joke.

Here's a fun experiment: stop paying taxes, stop filing taxes, ignore the IRS when they ask to audit, and see what happens.  Have fun!

Do you have personal experience with what happens? I'm assuming you don't. As someone else said, you're not as wise as you think.
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:35:14 AM

Do you have personal experience with what happens? I'm assuming you don't. As someone else said, you're not as wise as you think.

I've never claimed to be the slightest bit wise, else I wouldn't ask questions.  However, I am certain America isn't going to sit around and let its citizens simply not pay taxes; after all, if evading or altering your taxes was legal, what use do we have of the IRS?  Let's get rid of them, since taxation is not enforced.

Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:38:23 AM

I told you the penalty... they seize your bank account and garnish your wages.  the IRS is not evil, mike.  nor is the fed.  it's just a big group of people with calculators.  want to control the flow of taxes... become a politician.  stop hating mike, this country is great.  you don't know how good you have it.
FirstAscent

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:39:04 AM

I've never claimed to be the slightest bit wise, else I wouldn't ask questions.  However, I am certain America isn't going to sit around and let its citizens simply not pay taxes; after all, if evading or altering your taxes was legal, what use do we have of the IRS?  Let's get rid of them, since taxation is not enforced.

As I thought. You're only speculating. You don't have any fucking idea how the process works.

I can only imagine that you're some young rebel in search of a cause. Go get 'em!
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:40:48 AM

As I thought. You're only speculating. You don't have any fucking idea how the process works.

I can only imagine that you're some young rebel in search of a cause. Go get 'em!

Thanks, you too.

FirstAscent

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:41:14 AM

I told you the penalty... they seize your bank account and garnish your wages.  the IRS is not evil, mike.  nor is the fed.  it's just a big group of people with calculators.  want to control the flow of taxes... become a politician.  stop hating mike, this country is great.  you don't know how good you have it.

Actually, it isn't even that severe. It's mostly a little mail and conversations with reps over the phone. It's about as benign as you could imagine.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:41:22 AM

I've been telling him that across 200 posts.  well said and good night.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 05:41:58 AM

Edward Lewis Brown (born 1942) and his wife, Elaine Alice Brown (born c. 1940), residents of the state of New Hampshire, gained national news media attention in early 2007 for not paying the U.S. federal income tax and for refusing to surrender to federal government agents after having been convicted of tax crimes.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:43:30 AM

Actually, it isn't even that severe. It's mostly a little mail and conversations with reps over the phone. It's about as benign as you could imagine.

I know a guy who owes more than 50 million... he a piece of shit con man... but he drives his caddy around all day without a care in the world.  gnite.
FirstAscent

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:44:50 AM

Edward Lewis Brown (born 1942) and his wife, Elaine Alice Brown (born c. 1940), residents of the state of New Hampshire, gained national news media attention in early 2007 for not paying the U.S. federal income tax and for refusing to surrender to federal government agents after having been convicted of tax crimes.

I suppose the best you can do is cite some singular outstanding story rather than cite from an overwhelming majority of cases or personal experience.

Fear of your government has you right where they want you.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: