Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash.. but why?  (Read 2914 times)
Tiphune (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:39:49 PM

So everyone can see what is going on with dash. There are clearly a lot of different opinions on this topic, bumping price, it's scam or not. However, I think most of you can admit that dash is (beside all the speculations) a great coin for making quick transacions, with many great features.

And now, if dash's price growth was a natural effect, not affected by some kind of biggest scam in cryptocurrency world, why we can see this growth?
I'm just wondering what could happend in around beginning of this year that would make dash price go so high in such little period of time.
It was on the market for some time, actually 3 years and now this happend in 3 months.  Shocked

What you guys think?
mjneat

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:49:24 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2017, 10:04:40 PM by mjneat

I too wonder this...

Personally I think someone is pumping it and I fear a lot of new people looking into crypto may get caught in the hype and burned. The cryptocurrency space is rife with scams and corruption. I've heard bad things about the creator although I can't remember what they were so came here to see if I could find the answer to exactly this question as IIRC there was a giant pre-mine.  I don't feel the way the coin works with masternodes and funding is really in the spirit of decentralisation either but I haven't done my research...

Also WTF is up with Amanda Johnson calling bitcoin infiltrated in an interview on youtube?

EDIT: So I'm learning from the wikipedia entry that dash is a DAO and it also really does sound like a scam after reading this https://medium.com/@omiros23/evans-and-dash-s-scam-story-add1f16528ae#.ykhpru804
AusKipper

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:51:32 PM

Since the Dash price moon shot every man and his dog (and I think the cats are getting in on it too) has started a thread about the Dash price, and everyone with an opinion has posted it in those threads.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1820428.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1813915.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1823627.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1827502.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1827951.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1827867.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1823738.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1809690.0

mjneat

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 10:21:07 PM

Thanks!
btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 10:29:45 PM

the more you guys keep opening this kind of threads the more you advertise DASH and the more the price goes up

you trolls are doing it wrong
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 10:35:32 PM

Just i will leave it here :

Trolls did a great job deceitfully convincing many people into believing that there is something wrong with Dash. Lies after lies, repeated to death.
What they did is that they filtered gullible people. Those who left used their reason and did their own research and decided for themselves what to do.

And there is that nasty, fraudster and lier smoothie, again  Roll Eyes, posting his horrible hit-piece-CNN-jurnalism made by the guy who don't even want to aknowledge how horrible wrong he is. It's telling. Funny as hell. What's your target audience by the way?  Cheesy

Plenty of people did their own research and concluded there is something wrong with Dash's Instamine.

Plenty of people did their own research and concluded there is something wrong with Dash's Masternode HYIP (aka Ponzi scheme).

Plenty of people did their own research and concluded there is something wrong with Dash's centralized governance and development.

Plenty of people did their own research and concluded there is something wrong with Dash's being pumped despite having no actual use.

For example:

https://twitter.com/ARKblockchain/status/834843279145435137

Are you saying Chris Berniske is a liar and didn't really do his own research as he claims here?   Huh

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 10:38:37 PM

yes...why...why i seel @ 10 dollars!!!
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:17:42 AM

Investors are very very keen to find good coins, with large development teams and lots of nodes.
There is a lot of room for a good coin that has the potential to be used as money.

Most coins just don't measure up, yet, so dash with it's slick marketing has captured peoples imagination, for now.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:11:37 AM

Investors are very very keen to find good coins, with large development teams and lots of nodes.
There is a lot of room for a good coin that has the potential to be used as money.

Most coins just don't measure up, yet, so dash with it's slick marketing has captured peoples imagination, for now.

I can tell you, I will give that to the team, their marketing strategy is one of the best in the space, for a coin that no one is using. I will just advice people to remember Steemit rise and the present price. If all these allegations are true, it will surely catch up with price and the house of cards will come down
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:28:40 AM

I can tell you, I will give that to the team, their marketing strategy is one of the best in the space, for a coin that no one is using. I will just advice people to remember Steemit rise and the present price. If all these allegations are true, it will surely catch up with price and the house of cards will come down

Exposure to the light will be very hard to bear.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:45:51 AM

Check out the graphs + prices at the cap.. most coins have rocketed up sky high.
MANY have REEEEALLY gone up too !
Why ? whales is my bet.
I see no other signs of it being anything but a rich person or person(s) targeting a few of the coins like ETH or Dash or Doge etc.

Someone with money showed up.. beware !

Related to ETF news or some shit ? maybe who knows.

All i know is it does not seem to be any natural real world growth happening on any of the coins going up.
ALL OF IT seems to be market speculators ramping up prices for apparently no reason at all.
Except there is only ONE reason to do that Wink

In other words i have not seen any signs of adoption or real usage growth etc.
I heard the ETF failed and noticed coin prices rocketing up randomly out of the blue.
That should be a red-flag.

FUD first & ask questions later™
PolybiusBank

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 11:20:58 AM

If it is a scam, than it is really huge. But I don't think it can get to ETH, not speaking about BTC
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 11:30:26 AM

The recent spike in the interest and volume of trade on Dash has raised so many eyebrows especially within the cryptocurrency world and some are warning that it can be a case of pumping with the aim to dump later that can cause many investors to lose money. Well, this is not something new in the cryptocurrency world as we have seen many similar stories like this before. Investors should not be ignoring the warning and they should be responsible with their own decisions. Wish them all the luck they need. Smiley
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 12:32:48 PM

Spoetnik is right. He is always right.

Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:34:10 PM

Anyone with a brain knows there is going to be one almighty crash in alts in the coming days...weeks. Timberrrrrrrrrrr!!
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:49:56 PM

Anyone with a brain knows there is going to be one almighty crash in alts in the coming days...weeks. Timberrrrrrrrrrr!!
Even though this all time high for dash has people's attention, it will keep it and have more people willing and wanting to buy coins when it's down. It always works this way.

Yep, i can even remember you asking in our ANN thread why people were still mining Dash when it was at 0.0055 not all that long ago (year ago or something ? )
Lets just say we have dedicated miners and a growing dedicated community.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
diagla

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 02:39:54 PM

Seems too good to be true that it doubles in value so fast. Wish I invested earlier but now is probably too late as it will likely crash eventually.
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:44:35 PM

Polo let's whale bots go crazy, that's why
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2017, 05:47:51 PM

Dash is a scam. PERIOD!

CorePrime95

Activity: 190
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 06:11:35 PM

Theory 1:
Bitcoin whales are afraid of the Bitcoin fork and diversify.

Theory 2:
Wallstreet money sneaking in. First Bitcoin, now taking position in the alts. Selling a crypto ETF/Fund to the public = $$$
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: